Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Changes that would make your class more fun.

Im not talking about changes like upping your damage to absurdity, or giving every class max speed/jump and a flash jump. Im talking about tweaks or changes that enhance and spice up a classes playstyle and flavor. Alot of classes have a boring time bossing, and I think alot of them could use something new and sexy to make it fun to boss.

So I thought, why not propose a fun exercise to the users of Southperry? Let's make our own patch notes for an imaginary patch that would improve the way some of our favorite classes played. My experience is mostly warriors, so my own patch notes will focus on them! The numbers Iam using for my patch notes will be based on the newest ones in KMS, so the justice update.

<Dark Knight>

3rd job advancement skills

Sacrifice - In addition to it's normal effects, using Sacrifice also grants a 10% incoming damage reduction buff to all party and expedition members near the Dark Knight for 8 seconds.

Dragon Roar - Damage has been increased from 640% to 700%.

Dragon Wisdom - In addition to it's current effects, Dragon Wisdom has received a new passive effect. *New* When all hits of your Dragon Crusher, Sacrifice, or Dark Impale abilities crit on an enemy, the cooldown of your Dragon Roar is reset, and the next Dragon Roar you use will deal quadruple damage to Bosses.

My reasoning for these changes were to make the Dark Knight damage rotation at Bosses more exciting and fun. Spamming Dark Impale 24/7 is boring as pineapple, but does fine damage for what how many monsters it hits. I wanted to add a little bit of RNG to the DrK bossing experience to give a "oh, pineapple ya, time for something big!" feel. Dragon Roar is nearly useless, so I thought I'd make Dragon Roar a bit like Combo Tempest in regards to bosses. With these changes, you get a bit more overall damage because of higher crit chance, and you get some fun procs as well.

DrK's have good utility for a group through Hyper Body and Iron Will, so I wanted to emphasize the group utility aspect of DrK's a little more. I didnt want them to have another fire and forget buff that you just forget about until its time to activate it again. So I thought adding a brief group buff on an under-used ability for bosses would do the trick.

<Hero>

3rd job advancement skills

Combo Attack - Combo Attack's current active buff has been made passive, and Combo Attack now has a new Active effect. *New* For the next 3 seconds Panic and Coma cost no orbs and trigger no cooldown when used. Once the buff has faded, all damage dealt with Panic and Coma during the buff duration will be added between your next 4 Brandishes or Intrepid Slashes. 25 second cool down.

Shout has been removed.

*NEW* Reckless Fury - (Max Level: 20, Requires Lvl 20 Rage) Your rage involves into fury, ignoring your own well-being to kill your enemies easier. Decreases your Weapon Def by 1/4th to increase your Weapon Att. by 40(stacks with similar effects), and all of your damaging abilities used on an enemy makes him bleed for 10% of the damage done over 3 seconds. Enemies can bleed to death.

4th job advancement skills

Advanced Combo Attack - Advanced Combo Attack's current active buff has been made passive, and Advanced Combo Attack now has a new Active effect. *New* For the next 6 seconds Panic and Coma cost no orbs, trigger no cooldown when used, and deal 10% more damage to bosses. Once the buff has faded, all damage dealt with Panic and Coma during the buff duration will be added between your next 4 Intrepid Slashes. 25 second cool down.

Currently, the boss rotation for Heroes seems stale. My goals with these changes were to make the Combo Orb system more interactive, cool, and fun to use and spice up the damage rotation. The numbers might turn out to be way too much for them, but that could be adjusted easily. Shout is useless as pineapple, so I removed it to help Heroes out with training and bossing via more damage.

I also really want to remove Monster Magnet for all warriors because its dumb and useless. Rush is also the most boring skill ever, I would like to spice it up somehow and give it a face lift as well as put it into 2nd job.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

for dark knights: resilience: passive, decrease damage by 10% and immunity to status +20%, members of the party will receive these effects too.

3. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

stance for bowmen please

4. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Myst eruption to get more hits(lowed dmg of course)

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Battle Mages: able to use all 3 auras at once.
    Oh wait.
    God i can't wait for that update.

Bowman, Gunslingers, Assassins: Equippable ammo like Mercedes. There is simply no need for so many inventory places being taken with multiple sets of ammo
    Aran + Evan: A revamped storyline.
    Brawlers: Back to the way they were before the Justice update.

6. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

Paladins: separate weapon masteries again, formulas designed such that slower weapons do more damage per hit and fast weapons aren't just better in every way.

7. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

whhyyyyyy?!?!?! I have nightmares about 4 skill slots in 2nd job being dedicated just to mastery/booster, and 6 skill slots being dedicated to just three charges in 3rd job. you also lose out on another skill in 4th!

8. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

Just make enrage a toggle effect as for the stuff you suggested for combo they would get I like the idea of a state where we can spam finishers without losing orbs the other part of it I can do without. Bossing is going to be stale for everyone because your using maybe 1 or 2 attacks. Your strongest skill possible for the boss and your strongest mob skill for any minions it summons that gets in the way.

9. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

Bowmen:
    - Final Attack activates with ultimate strafe
    - Pierce charges faster with faster weapons
    - Spirit Link grants a Stance effect

Warriors:
    - Stance is a 3rd Job Skill that costs 10 points to max for 100% Stance. Can be toggled on or off.

Cannon Masters:
    - pew pew pew pew

10. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

-Demon/Barbed Lash/Trash/Arch and Double/Triple/Full/Over Swing require holding the button for the combination to take effect, and no longer require button mashing.
    -Power Guard/Reflection and Body Pressure are no longer dispelled when using a mount.
    -Aran's Combo Fenrir/Judgement/Tempest get their max levels reduced by 10 so he can max everything.

11. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

I/L Archmage:

Make CL hit up to 5 enemies in 2 directions (decided by detection of enemies within a small/medium-sized area around the character, total 10 targets). Allow CL arcs to bounce backwards, and increase the range of potential arcs. Virtually uncontrollable CL arcs everywhere!

12. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

Dual Blade: Delete Chains of Lol (Hell), put Blade Fury as a 3rd+ job skill and nerf it, then make a 4th job skill dedicated on expanding Blade Furys range and damage. Delete Monster Bomb or make it hit multiple times. Perfection.

13. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

While I would like stance we (at least BMs) would become way too OP, so how about a sort of switch skill that grants stance but at the same time it decreases damage.

14. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

NO
    I DON'T WANT ANY OF THAT MONSTER BOMB pomegranate AT ALL
    NO NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO
    Replace with Fatal Venom and a Shadower Instinct-esque skill.

15. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

lvl 160 cap

16. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

f/p mages:

make magic guard immune to dispel
    make tele mastery immune to dispel
    let dot kill monsters
    reduce mist erruptions cooldown to 8 seconds
    make high wisdom give 20 luk in addition to the 40 int it already gives
    increase paralyze to 5 hits at 220% per hit
    increase dot damage on attacks that have dot

17. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

fix dark metamorphosis

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I only use Monster Magnet and Shout to activate my Chance Attack. It'll be cool if we can get a active skill that unlocks a % chance to stun. :S

19. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

<HERO>

if rush can work w/o needing a monster in front ... aka a teleport skill. also spamable.

20. Default Re: Changes that would make your class more fun.

ITT: People buff their favorite class instead of changing their playstyle to be more enjoyable than spamming one attack.