View Poll Results: Did you enjoy it?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Read the books, Watched it and didn't enjoy it.

1 9.09%
  • Read the books, Watched it and enjoyed it.

6 54.55%
  • Didn't read the books, Watched it and didn't enjoy it.

1 9.09%
  • Didn't read the books, Watched it and enjoyed it.

3 27.27%
  • Not interested in watching it.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Movies] The Hunger Games

1. Default Re: The Hunger Games

I read a few reviews on the movie. Apparently, a lot of critics felt there should have been MORE gore to the movie instead of less. They also complained a lot about shaky cameras o_o

Glad I finished the book though. Now I can go watch the movie somewhere; someday when I have time T.T

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: The Hunger Games

Well I just started the book a couple hours ago, i'm at page 13x and i must say that it isn't a bad book but neither one of the best so far. I have read Sophia's world by jostein gaarder, I'm a legend from richard matherson, Harry potter saga, Lords of the ring saga and others (only one book of twilight because i had to for a literature class, i still regret it). The book is catchy, the times are fine (the flashbacks and the thinking of katniss), the back story is nice but there are some things i don't like, maybe it'll change in the future.

3. Default Re: The Hunger Games

My Kindle gave me a free sample of the book (I think it's just the first chapter). I find it hard to read the writing style. There's a LOT of fragmented sentences in the author's writing. As much as I want to read the book, that's really a hard thing to get used to. I'm used to books where the author completes sentences, and doesn't constantly make use of one and two word sentences to bring out ideas. I have to question whether or not the publisher reviewed the book for grammar.

That being said, I'm interested in the movie still, even after reading this whole thread. It seems that the people who are annoyed are more annoyed over little details...stuff you couldn't possibly transmit 100% into the movie. It just will never happen. The only part that I can understand as a complaint is the apparent lack of character development in the movie. From reviews I've read, that's lacking in the first book as well. In fact, it's one of the main complaints I saw while looking over reviews in the Kindle Shop (After weeding out the "OMFG THES BEEK ES ARESUM," of course). Many people complained that they were unable to connect with Katniss emotionally because she seemed to be a drone in the first book. It also apparently is better later on, so I'm not surprised this is also a complaint in the movie.

Every time there's a movie based upon a book, there's always the few people who insist that it HAS to be more like the book. Are you sure about that? Would you really enjoy something that was EXACTLY the same in EVERY SINGLE WAY? Somehow I doubt it. Small changes here and there that do not change the premise, major story, nor conclusion, are welcome. Why do you want to know exactly everything that will happen? Why waste your money seeing that movie?

4. Hot minute Gay Male

IGN: Farewell
    Server: Reboot
    Level: ???
    Job: Meth Addict
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I did just finish all the books a couple days ago. I am looking forward to seeing it, but I really don't think the movie could do justice to the book. A lot of the book is being inside the person's head, and without that, it's not going to be nearly as good.

Also, to another poster who mentioned it.. Could the blonde girl have been Glimmer? Glimmer was supposed to have blonde hair and green eyes I believe.

And to the person above, yes, I completely agree about the grammar of the book. It was atrocious. There were comma splices and incomplete sentences all up in that peach.

5. Default Re: The Hunger Games

LOL I wouldn't know. The site that i was reading it on took out all the commas, the apostrophes, the quotation marks, and the structure (i.e. wall of text format). I still think that the writing was much better than Twilight (that was atrocious). I suppose it's a style of writing based on how we think. It;s not like we think in complete sentences every minute. I guess that's how writing is going these days- make it easier for people to figure out considering the way US english is going...

6. Default Re: The Hunger Games

I never read Twilight, maybe I'll try to get a sample of that to bleed out my eyes.

Books are supposed to be the one thing that supports proper grammar and spelling. It's a horrible thing when you see a book that does the opposite of it's job. Sure, they're supposed to invoke imagination and what not as well, but the last few years have shown that to be dead as well (with rare exceptions).

7. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I just finished reading the first book and I must say that i had a connection with Katniss character but Peeta was horrible, I felt like watching futurama when Leela protects Fry. Hope the next book is better because right now it feels like if the characters had an adventure but never evolved.
    Last edited by Chicocl; 2012-03-29 at 11:58 AM.

8. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Catching Fire is better, at least, in my opinion. But Peeta... let's just say he doesn't really evolve until Mockingjay =/

9. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

In all honesty, all the hype about it makes me not want to read or see it; although ironically enough I'm being dragged to see it in a few hours.

10. Default Re: The Hunger Games

The way I see it, you can only truly complain about the hype if you've experienced it as well. I don't like it when people complain about how "overhyped" something is without experiencing it themselves. Which is why i couldn't stand twilight- I read a few chapters and I couldn't continue because the writing was so bad and the plot was just so... terrible. I watched the movies too just so I could say something about it >.O

The hyper fans of of the series' generally counter your argument with "OMG did u lyk not read any of it? u shuldnt cumplan if u didnt read it frst"

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I dunno, that's just the type of person I generally am. I don't really hop on bandwagons per se, or at least not at first.
    The movie was decent, though.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Happy April Fools!
    Hint: All the achievements are possible to obtain