1. Default Empress summons before half HP.

In KMS, Empress summons instructors at a random time, rather than around half HP now, which makes it a lot easier to attain equips than before.
    I will provide more about it next time I go on a run.

until then, anticipate and discuss? I guess.

2. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

It's random as hell and she does it whenever she feels like it. Only guaranteed thing is she seems to 100% summon after her HP is brought to half.

3. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

A party I was with finished all summons before 75% HP or something like that.
    And one of my friends, who empressed since the beginning, said that in KMS, she would summon the first one around 50%, every time.

4. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

We've had that happen to, but it just happens randomly. Like i said, when you bring her to 50%~, then she summons 100% of the time "as soon as she can". She can summon before that but there's no guaranteed way to make her do that and it just happens randomly.

5. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

You also missed that her damage reflect can hit anyone, everyone, and randomly even if you attacked or didn't hit her with her reflect on (only happens at all if you attack her with it on). Started happening only after the "fix to boss aggros." One person can attack empress and your entire party is dead or even 2 parties from just 1 screw up. However, perhaps this issue should be another thread since this is only concerning summoning.

6. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

This is completely unrelated so it should have its own thread. In addition, her DR has been doing that since day 1 of GMS when we got her. I don't know if other versions are like that or if her DR is special.

7. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

I'm pretty sure that is a separate attack of hers that has nothing to do with DR. It does like 50+k damage.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

i can tell you, it's her DR, her DR is the only one that does this AFAIK

9. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

This is correct. You hit her when she's on damage and the players affected can be anyone and any number on the map (probably a cap of 6 people max but doesn't really matter)

10. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

For us, it always seemed to be the bishops that got hit with the 50k
    (many lulz were had)

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i haven't had the chance to experiment (mainly because nobody wants to die) but i think it's 1 attack = 1 death, otherwise impale and such would be horrible.
    don't remind me, in my experience first to get reflected is the darned mages. and if there's a bishop, like 150% chance of it dying first.

is there any other boss with a special "damage reflect" skill? i know mu gong has 2 reflects instead of 1, but are there any others?

12. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

I heard cht has a magic DR but i only heard it once. I don't think it's true though.

13. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

Left hawk statue at PB if I remember correctly. Brb confirming.
    Confirmed with this http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=42430 .

14. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

right head has magic attack DR, left has physical attack DR

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yup, that's hilariously weak though. by today's standards.

thanks for reminding me of that thread, L>update to it D: maybe when akyrum comes.

16. Default Re: Empress summons before half HP.

Stop it stop it! I don't want to remember ;-;

YOU GUYS OWE ME WHEELS AND EXP. TOO YOU JERKS!

17. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Back when Empress first came out, and before all the hackers started in on her, the group I led in Khaini went with the strategy of trying not to touching Empress at all except for a few wacks. This worked fine for us for many many runs, and saved on wheels for the group. I think it was a patch in Nov. where GMS made it so she HAD to be damaged more than 50% before she would summon the 5 at once. That change and the influx of people hacking and driving down Empress Gear prices made it so it was not worth us going in and expending so many wheels.