Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Cash7 I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Not sure if I can link the thread on here since I dont want to bash players or accuse them (Not sure if that even applies here but I got a few infractions already for that so yeah... x_x) so i'll just quote them.
    So there is a thread on basil where they are talking a little bit about the rollbacks.
    And people literally tell others to dupe and people ask desperatly for methods on how to do this.

''You guys can take advntage of this and start duping ya know''
    This came from a Lv 200 Hero. Only 1 person in this entire thread, besides me told him that hes a fool for saying this.

''4b richer, thanks to this c:''
    From a girl I used to have as a friend on basil.

''I got my first 2b from this rollbacking issues! For once, hackers are doing good deeds.''
    Random guy. But god wtp they are praising hackers now. (Although this is old news).

''It is glitching but I just call it "hack". I just know the correct time for the server to crash, So I know when to do my thing.''
    Was said after 4 people asked him how to do this because they really want to do this too.

''How do u dupe items im desperate''
    Another one lol.

EDIT: Last post:
    [A person that was quoted]: ''lol ya i realized you could dupe when i put 4 steelys in my storage, got dced and come back to see 8. i wasnt happy with steelys ._.''

''looool haha you and almost every kid on this forum thinking their cool cause they know how to succesfully dupe, i never knew you could have 8 steelys in your storage. if anyone wants to know just pm me, must have a 7 day mushie. Store permit doesn't work all the time..''

Seriously =.=

Sigh... I dont know I know people didnt care but still. Seeing threads like this where people in public beg for ways to dupe
    is making me feel sick to my stomach...

I honestly hope every single person who tried/asked/and did dupe gets banned forever.
    And i'm talking about people who did it on purpose. And yes, I know Nexon wont ban them but whatever.
    I can dream right?

/end rant

(Not sure if this should be in the angrydome. Not really angry just frustrated.)

2. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Not surprised, it's become such a common occurance it's become of the gameplay, it's really adapt and accept it or quit lmao

3. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I hate how you are 100% right about this.
    I really wish it was different..

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

It has been like this for a long time. I wish they would be banned, even if it's 50% of active high lvl maplers.

5. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

The majority of Maplers are teenaged kids who play the game for entertainment. If they're given the opportunity to make their virtual characters stronger thus making the game more enjoyable and this opportunity appears at a time in which they would otherwise be playing legitimately, why wouldn't they take that opportunity? Most casual Maplers with low funding could care less if the item they got was legitimate or not. Not that I'm advocating duping but how can you blame them if Nexon is doing practically nothing to prevent it? This would be a different story and completely avoidable had Nexon decided to simply shut the servers after realizing that their unscheduled server checks had done nothing to fix the problem.

6. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Maybe someday there will be a GM who's active and talks and actually communicates with the people in-game.
    Maybe... Well, we DID get a better person to replace -hime- who actually gives out some usefull information about what we want to know.

At the person above: Although I do agree on that, I have to say that even if they are teenage kids. (And I think teenage kids would be around 10-16)
    They can still see that this is screwing up MapleStory. I mean, they can sign up for basil and read everything on there. Obviously they have read somewhere that this is bad for the game. Also, not saying im a saint but when I was 13. (When I started playing MS) I always hated hackers and would
    never get involved with them. (Like looting items from vaccers back then or partying with a monster vaccer) It also depends on the person.
    But yeah, it IS nexons fault but then again its like saying:

Oh look this store didnt lock the door so lets take everything we can inside.
    A person could take everything and blame the store. (Well it IS the store its fault, just like Nexon)
    But.. a person with common sense woud either avoid it completely or call someone to let them know the door isnt locked.
    But yeah like you said these are kids. But dont think teenagers or smaller kids cant tell whats right or wrong. They still have a choice.
    And it just saddens me that 99% of all these people take the bad ones.

7. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

No we did not, we have another forum volunteer monkey who is even lower than Hime in information value.

8. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

You can't really hate on Hime, she's actually pretty honest about her position in an indirect way. She's just a face, even the people who answer the tickets are limited to such useless method's it's no surprise tickets are just frankly auto answered. They are asking for a new "customer service" manager, and it litterally says in the job description "To deal with the frustration of limited methods" or along those lines.

9. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Well it is basil you are quoting from.. though it does reflect the majority of the current community..

10. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I told people "abuse the dupe, seeing that everyone is doing it, I'll just be loling when half of you are banned" on basil. But I sorta said it in a sarcastic way.

The only way that I "abused" this was I went to random channels in random Free market rooms looking for people duping and snatch their items in their shops for 1 meso, Managed to get a 607 att ST sword and 4 GM GFAs. Sadly I didn't log out in time and the sword got rolled back.

Being honest here, I would actually be surprised if nexon didn't do anything about the duping that happened in the past two days, seeing about the amount of people that did it.

11. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I'll say it again, this kid Tyler is not a GM, nor even an employee of Nexon. He might be a volunteer along with some dude called Grant, but their posts aint even close to official messages.

Unless planning to destroy the items just to spite the illegitimate scumbags, this makes you no better than the crashers and dupers themselves. Then again the majority of Khaini aint no different.

12. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I dont hate on her. At all, but sometimes its just annoying she says certain stuff thats not true or shes being extremely vague, and I thought this new person actually gave some in-depth information about the crashings lately. But, I dont know to much about this person so maybe I shouldnt have said anything. Sorry :x

13. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

By stealing what the abusers were going to dupe, it doesn't allow them to dupe anymore of them.

~Actually, now that I think about it, I completely ignored the fact that they woulda gotten rolled back and received their items back. I feel stupid now ._.

14. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

What were you planning on doing with those equips anyway?

15. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

As long as you had no plans on actually keeping the items for yourself or for profit, you get a cookie. If not, thanks for helping destroying a great game.

16. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I didn't have any plans of buying anything, I just went in a shop and bought whatever I could until I got expelled out of it.

I'll just NPC them when the game comes back on.

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Why do you think i stopped playing maplestory? When Hacking/Glitching/Duping/Etc became part of the gameplay i just realized maple was not for me anymore. I really hate nexon for it because i actually enjoyed played Maplestory even during the last days before my retiring...

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Why are you surprised?

Many people, and especially children, have their "morality" at the "punishment/reward" (what Kohlberg calls "pre-conventional") stage.
    They ask "will this benefit me?" and "will I get caught?" rather than "is this right?"
    Unfortunately, in the case of duping in MapleStory, the answers are all too clear.

*shrug*
    Hopefully they'll grow up and develop more of a conscience. And if not, at least in the real world, laws that matter are enforced enough to keep even the pre-conventional from breaking them too often.

19. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Here's a cookie.

20. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

-1 forum to visit, looks like a hacking site now, it's even invading the class sections. If Nexon weren't such huge wusses when it came to handing out permabans this would be much less of an issue. The childish community at large noticed this long ago and are exploiting it because it's free stuff and everyone knows getting free stuff is fun and good right. Short-sighted tools. I too dislike having it obnoxiously shoved in my face by kiddies who think it makes them better than me.

Being stronger != more enjoyable.