Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

If you're duping and made only 2b and that was all, you're lying or only got lucky and duped once or twice. Way to many threads on "site that will not be named" for that many people to be doing it and making so much.

If you dupe a perfect sword and dupe it you have two...next you turn that 2 into 4 then 4 into 8, etc...as long as you have the inventory space, it works. You have 9 white scrolls? Once crash turns them into 18 next 36. I'm sure a lot of people know this already, but just clear something things up. Making 2b from duping is like saying you just sold a 10att wg.

2. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

You have just now lost your faith? This community has been terrible. If you're not in the loop with the hacking, then you aren't part of the community anymore. You are part of the one tiny group of people that actually plays the game.

Honestly this is the reason i just play by myself. I never party at LHC even if that's the best place to level; I avoid having to party quest if I can help it because people are stupid. I'm sad that the game has degenerated to NX and hackers thrive and people who actually play the game don't get anything worth doing. But that's why I use free maplepoints to buy stuff instead of actual NX. It's not worth investing in this game like it was before.

I still play because I have fun enjoying the new skills and characters that come out. to me, it's not worth trying to upgrade my gear any more than it already is. why? I've only ever had 120 mil to my name and nothing more. All that I earned by selling equips to NPCs and looting mesos and potions. A long time ago when people needed a party to defeat zakum, I'd get a few mil from splits. Now all those people I used to know have all quit and gone away. Just play the game your way and ignore all the miserable little fools. Kind of annoying to have to deal with the crashes, but you get used to it.

3. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Seriously? Given how long the crashes were happening, it isn't that unlikely at all that several people might have managed to only dupe even 100m, or even less worth of things. Every single person that plays MapleStory had the opportunity to dupe the past few days, and not everyone has items or equipment that are worth a lot. If I were actually dumb enough to take advantage and dupe myself (which, I was not), I would have only been able to get away with a few hundred mil, and the majority of MapleStory is more like myself than the people with 27 att VSS, 300 Craven/Bow, 600 ST, or even legit equipment that's scrolled/cubed.

4. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I feel your pain broh, I totally do.

And btw, This doesn't just limit to happen in basil. Although we don't see it, the comunity of even southperry participates into this. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were asking in that thread using accounts with other names.

5. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

It's pretty inevitable that there are people who registered on Southperry and dupe. Why? Because we attract players from other communities and they are NOT the vocal minority, which is pretty much the people posting in this thread.

So yes, that's pretty much inevitable.

6. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

If you were that poor I don't see why you would even bother to dupe. It's not an easy task at all. Scrolls are cheap right now, it's so easy to make massive amount of money with next to no money spent at all. Most maplers have a 10 att wg at least if you have been playing maple for a while. if you can dupe just 3 times u can turn one into 8. Max mesos and then some right there...average maplers have more then just a 10att wg. I have many good potted equips i never even spent nx on. Many uniques too.

7. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Sadly, I'm a 40 year old man (started playing in 2006) and I've been more vocal about hating hackers than 98% of anyone else in maple. But, times have changed and i don't even play this anymore hardly (I'm grinding at League of Legends and Starcraft 2 now, trying to get good enough to enter tournaments, which has been my element (competitive gaming). But yes, sadly, we have to adapt and move on. I'm even duping my own scrolls now since this game is already ruined.

8. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I hear ya man but what can ya do =\ I've been incredibly fortunate enough to have established a very strong guild who's very against it. Are there some who will do this and abuse it? Of course. However what makes me happy is knowing the "big names" of the guild are really trying hard to be -legit-. Yeah it's a stretch and at one point you can say everyone has "turned to the dark side" just to try it. My faith in the overall community has long since died. But, my faith in my guilds community is still strong. Maybe it's because everyone at the top of the guild stretches how bad it is to do that, maybe its because we push so hard to make sure it doesn't happen. I'm happy with the community I've built through my guild in the past 4 years and what makes me keep playing is these people. throughout the 4 years(almost 5!) I've lead the guild about 30% have stuck in for the long haul. It's really awesome when you build a family like that and its people you know you can count on. I love MapleStory and always will, it's been a HUGE part of my life since I started back in 6th grade. I've shed tears of sadness and happiness over it. I've made some of the best friends I could have ever made, I've met the love of my life. To me the community is long dead within maplestory, but the family I've created within my guild is stronger then ever.

9. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

(sorry forgot to add this at top, my bad)

(and before someone starts flaming, the flamers need to adapt, too. There's no going back. Ever since the DDOS attacker wave has taken down huge companies, it's been proven that there isn't a thing Nexon can do about hackers besides suing them. You can't defend your server without taking down the source of the problem.

Nexon had many many chances years ago to curtail this from happening. Simply by hiring player mods and using some of their RECORD Profits (does anyone remember that Nexon made MORE profit in 2008 than the giant Electronic Arts?) to hire more gms and work on more advanced security that doesn't ban legit players.

This is all the more proof and reason why Asian companies simply fail in international markets. You don't see any American gaming companies dealing with their servers constantly assaulted by pimple faced teenagers, people with mental and anger issues, no life gangsters, and drug addicts and social deviants (which makes up 90% of the hacker population...i've met some of them, so I should know).

10. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

We have to craft our moral standards to technical reality. Hacks can be patched. Glitches can be patched. But duping, as being done by all these people right now, is not something that Nexon can fix without overhauling the actual core game code and database. That's not going to happen with Maplestory. They MIGHT fix it for a MS2.

You can't expect people not to take advantage of a years long, unpatched, unpatchable opportunity. You have to instead expect Nexon to minimize predictable server downtime to reduce the number of duping opportunities. The fact that they left the game up with a predictable server crash bug is the addressable tragedy here.

I don't blame people for duping, and I don't expect them not to. Not with the technical realities of this game. And this is due entirely to Nexon's bad design choices and coding mistakes. Nexon is entirely insufficient for meeting your morality standards if you don't have a similar feeling.

11. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Your faith is misplaced IMO as the community hasn't really changed.

It's not necessarily the community's fault for stooping down to illegal activity because usually as a majority (and especially the targeted demographic for this game) they are expected to sink that low.

It's really Nexon's fault for anything and everything that happens because of their inactivity and reluctance to actually police their game. Most things in this game can be fixed to some degree and it's well-within Nexon's power to do so... but they don't.

There are a few people who will live by rules within a realm of anarchy (which is pretty much what Maple is now), there are a few people who won't regardless of the state of society, and there are many people that will live by rules had there been any... but sadly, there are none now.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

honestly? i would storage it on a mule, just in case next time a crash catches you on the other end and deletes your weapon instead.

i'll be honest here, i almost, ALMOST went to try and dupe my stuff, mainly my lionheart cape, why? because simply put, even if it's against my principles of "no cheating" why should i support a company that makes minimal effort in maintaining their game? why should i have to spend 5B plus making a LHC cape, and then a good 100K nx to get it to legendary, why should i offer this money to a company that lets anyone do whatever the eff they want? it's much cheaper for me to simply dupe it a few times, and there, saved a good amount of money.

hackers don't deserve my money, they exploit the game and make it worse to play, but why should nexon deserve it, if they do barely nothing to stop the hackers? rather than spending money on A or B, i'd rather simply take it into my own hands, like everyone already does.

in the end, rather than raging about it though, i decided to go around and take it on the people anyways, got on my dragon, and started harassing people that opened shops to dupe, if i'm staying "legit" (as much as i decide to be anyways) i'll make sure to annoy others into doing so.

i got a nice stack of WS that i've saved that could have used the duping too, considering after this the price is gonna plummet, and there goes my "funds"

13. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

It seems like most people have only been playing this game for a few months, maybe a year at most. Most people who complain about all of this dont remember some of the previous dupe, which were way worse than this. Like the WS dupe from a long time ago. Or the meso dupe that was used to totally buy out the FM (I think that one was RBd) or even more recently, the cake vs pie where every ch crashed literally every 15 minutes for 12 hours during a weekend. There are a lot worse incident than this random server crashing.

But that's only taking into account the dupes. I don't think i have ever seen such a long period of down time in my Maple history. Doesn't mean I have lost faith, just gonna go do something else for a while.

14. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Amen.

15. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

That's a very pragmatic approach to things. :)

16. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Well, if you think i´ve only played for a few months you are wrong. I´ve been here for 6 years.
    Anyway, im not complaining about the crashes and nexon, im used to it by now. Im complaining about the people who knowingly tell others to dupe and that nobody in a 10 page thread besides me said anything about it being wrong. And yes the maple community has always been like this but seeing it over and over again made me realize that I should give up the hope off people wanting to stop crap like this and stop the downfall of maple.

TLDR; been here for a long time, mad at community not the crashes.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Some alliance members were trying to dupe, and I was pretty disappointed in them because one of them was extremely anti-hacking. I almost quit the alliance right then and there out of pure disgust.

18. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

S>4 line BFC's in Khaini.

19. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

If you were in Windia, you would have been in the KoopaEmpire by now.
    We need more people like you.

EDIT: The hell at the above post.. o_o

20. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I would be more appalled if this went both ways, cause as much as there are people who benefited from a dupe either intentionally or unintentionally, there are an equal amount of people who LOOSE items.

The following are all issues that have happened to me or someone close:

- Meso exploit occurs, hackers pass on mesos to legitimate players. Legitimate players get their mesos wipes.
    - Legitimate player moves items through storage before one of these server failures, they lose items.
    - Legitimate player closes their mushroom shop right before a server crashes, they lose items.
    - Legitimate player takes items out of frederick before a server crashes, they lose items.
    - Legitimate user is hacked through some mysterious hack that Nexon won't admit to, they lose their items.

In every single one of these cases, Nexon's responsibility was non-existent. So if someone takes advantage of glitch in Maple, I really only see as the cosmic re-balancing of all the crappy things that can happen to a player.

If nexon was better with returning lost items, they would ultimately be better at getting rid of duped items, IMO. Till they improve, they can't solely blame a community for people's looser morals.