Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Though I never duped myself (that's why I'm poor as fck...), I can't really care more or less how fcked up Maple becomes anymore.

Goldfarmers, Botters, Dupers, Mass NX cubers, they're all the same to me.

All this shiet (yes, also NX cubing) ruined a -in theory- great game:

- Get a lvl200 Demon Slayer in less then 7 days? No problem!
    - Do 100 times more damage/sec then players who don't cube? No problem!
    - Item prices which are ten times higher then max mesos (colleteral crap 'n shiet)? No problem!

This game is ruined for such a long time, that nothing can really break it any more then it already is...

inb4: Tnx Nexon!!!

lol... xD

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Everyone knows this is pure selfishness. Then they expect what they are doing to be justified because "everyone else is doing it too". It's got to stop somehow.

Judgement day is coming!

3. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

But the problem is that judgment day is NOT coming.

Think about it this way. Nexon is primarily a corporation. You can peach about them all you want but in the end, it is doing exactly what a company is meant to do: profit in the most efficient manner possible. It has no need to punish this kind of activity because there are always people around who are willing to keep playing. My little brother played for a couple years when he was much younger and spent a lot of time merchanting and made a 13 attack glove, among other godly things. He got hacked. And now he's back again. That's the thing. There's no such thing as consumer activism in this game because the consumer has no leverage. Unless we somehow manage to organize a mass boycott or actually do something OUTSIDE of the game, there's literally nothing we can do, and Nexon will never ever do anything.

Sorry for the pessimism, but I really really miss the old days.

4. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Things were better when the level cap was so far away...

Maybe we could all move to a dead server and establish an anti hacking regime!

5. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Let me simplify this for you;

"It's just a game!" lol

Eventually they'll have to because people retort to the blackmarket rather than purchasing NX nowadays.

6. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Come play KMS, all the fun, none of the stupidity.

7. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Already I see one problem in this thread before you really got into your rant, Noel.

> Basil

Second, have you really lost your entire faith on the community in-game? What about our alliance? xd You'd know us better than that.

And third, Onion Knight summed up my feelings in one line.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

To some, saving incalculable amounts of money by duping = enjoyment, unfortunately.

9. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

From one of the deadest worlds, I can tell you that hacking/using hacked weapons or anything is accepted in the community especially with the recent events of this week EE hacked equipment is affordable for almost any tier of wealth. Cravens are what? 50-60k nx now Anyone could acomplish that in the space of perhaps a month or 2 if they put their mind to it.

The only block now in place is morality. If you bring this up in an environment such as basil you are laughed at and even ridiculed because maple is only a game, and you can give up all morals and senses of pride/dignity. Because apparently acting as you would iRL in a game is a sign of weakness?

10. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Haha, this is true our alliance is different but the fact is basil is a large part of the entire Maple Community and seeing people on
    there saying this with BARELY anyone going against it is just sad.

11. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

People are beyond stupid. I miss back in the day (4 years ago or so) when there were GMs all over the game, banning people for being jerk offs and doing the sh*t their not suppose to be doing and none of this existed. All we really dealt with were immature little kids trying to be something and somebody special.

12. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

This sums up maple 100% right now. The high level community is filled with hackers, or legits who are friends with hackers. You can't just have a 100% legit experience anymore. I know for a fact in Bera that nearly all of the high level community hacks, is aware of how to hack, and/or is friends with hackers that give them stuff.

Its disgusting, especially coming from a time where hackers were hunted like it was the salem witch trials. At this point, you either accept the hackers and let them do as they please, or you quit the game. Hackers have had too big of an impact on the game to play 100% legitly. With duped VSS, nisrocks, cravens, stonetooths, white scrolls, etc. over-saturating the market to the point of obscurity, it is impossible to play this game without seeing the effect hackers have had. The fact that legits are now to the point of condoning, and even approving what hackers are doing makes me sick to my stomach.

Say what you want about basil or what the basil people are saying, but the fact is (from my own experience) their feelings are mirrored 100% by almost all legit players.

My jimmies are rustled, to say the least.

13. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I accidentally duped my crossbow during the first crashes (transferring from WH to marksman); I've decided to make a video of me enhancing it to death for lulz.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

See, to me that makes zero sense.
    The whole idea of a game is to have an arbitrary set of rules, and try to achieve a goal within those rules.
    Usually the goal is trivial if there are no rules. So, cheating on the rules renders the game pointless. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.

15. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

<3
    If i did not already have a wife and sons, I'd ask you to marry me and have my children.

16. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

Probably I'll give Dragon Saga another chance (http://www.playdragonsaga.com/)
    Small community 3D side-scrolling MMORPG, every pot and skill has different cooldowns which adds strategy, you live from quests, dungeon raids, etc... Invisible equips/cash equips are a free option.

Just saying in case someone else is searching for alternatives.

17. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

They believe because it's a game consequences can't exist, anyone mad is just jealous or a sore loser because we couldn't do what they did. Hell there are southperry posts about "oh you guys just mad cus we can spend loads of nx@!@@".

So pretty much it isn't a question of "morality" it's a question, to them at least, that because it's data, why apply it? I don't have to be someone respectable, all I have to do is look out for me, and log out when people give me pomegranate!

I hope were at least at an understanding that I don't condone/think this way though lol

@above

Im personally holding out for blade and soul, the game looks epic beyond belief lol

18. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

God knows I loved the artstyle in the console games.

19. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I've said it once before, I adored Dragon Saga's cozy community in my 3 month stint there.

As far as the topic here. I have to admit, the economy is so rediculous its ruined the game for me. I absolutely could not stand how uphill the path to my mercedes skillbooks were and it killed my interest all over again. We have botters killing the value of meso AND common drops, and dupers reducing the relative value of drops i find /make EVEN MORESO.

No i don't sell NX, I can't trust random people, and the ones I can are just as poor as I am. Cause they're not trying so hard to screw over other people in order to boost their pixels /wallet. So it's a catch 22 of moral code, can't get rich in MS unless you're ripping off people in FM or looking at hacks. Selling NX is the closest thing to 'legit' but you're really not "supposed" to do that either.

Good old fashioned farming/crafting has gotten a bit further once professions rolled in, but its still drops in the lake of the economy when godly equips are being duped and deflating, causing anything you can make to become EVEN MORE worthless.

I suppose that's what i'm looking for in maple's economy, the ability to make a living as the supplier role in it. I'll let everyone else play the market. but the supplier role sucks in MS thanks to all the hacking they let slip by. So its just not what i find enjoyable.

And ultimately, that's the problem with the whole 'hacker' trend in the game. Games are only fun when people play reasonably fairly. That's why referees and supposedly GMs exist.

20. Default Re: I literally lost all faith in the Maple community.

I lost faith in the maple community after big bang.

But I digress, just because you can abuse something doesn't mean you should. To justify them, yes, Nexon makes it hard for us for having a low maint game and they hardly do anything about hackers as it is. And if they DO something, it's already been abused and damaged beyond repair. (Repair, I mean as in repairing it with minor issues to the legit side of the community.)
    Do you know what I did? I abused the statue glitch from 155 to 160 on my evan. Am I legit? Up to 155 I was, yes. When those familiar hackers were out, people in my guild and my friends screamed and baw'd at them saying they were illegit. But those same people PAY others to glitch Lionheart Castle spawns and call that legit because "Nexon made the spawn low first, we're fixing it."
    Would I ever abuse something big like duping or hacks? No, probably not. I've thought about it quite a bit, but I don't. I play this game to have fun, yes fun. I like exploring the colorful world that nexon has made, and fighting the monsters that terrorize it.

I've shown disappointment in the community before, but now I've gotten to the point where I don't really care what happens now as long as it doesn't effect me or my friends that much.