Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Harrisonized

I'm bumping this up to inform our fellow FP mages of the new path I developed.

As I wrote on SW:

2. Default

i think I'll try this out once I get home for a better computer/keyboard or i buy a better keyboard here...

Question: is it possible/good to train there without booster and with level 1 explosion?

3. Default

I've heard that wolf spider cavern has been pretty much completely overrun by hackers, so it'll probably be much harder than usual to get and keep a map.

A decently-ranged explosion seems to be essential to training here due to the diagonal slopes and heavy mobbing at the bottom.

4. Default

so a low level explosion and no booster will lead me to heavy damage on bottom due to long time to kill the monsters and even more damage on platforms for the same reason i guess...

not a good place to go if I want to get money that way =P (also slower exp)

EDIT: the comment on them being completely overrun by hackers was made by me. The other day i went there was not that bad

5. Harrisonized

It's going to be very difficult to train there with level 1 explosion. You'd better get it to at least 16 if you want it to be of any decent use because, as Cyanne said:
    Maybe it's not as bad on the bottom, because there's safe spots on the bottom, but it definitely will hurt your cycle time if you can't mob the platforms efficiently. After all, the platforms are where most of the movement occurs.
    It's going to be difficult to keep a map anyways, which is why it's going to be VERY difficult to test dual channeling. Not only were the maps overrun by hackers for the last few days, now that the hackers are gone, the maps are once again, an ideal spot to sell leech, so almost every channel has a Bishop or AM in there nuking the map.

Really, the idea of dual channeling is merely idealistic in nature and probably impossible to pull off unless a FP mage goes late at night and there are no hackers.
    If you're planning to train there, the minimum is 85. To get maximum efficiency, a person would need 28+ mist, 28+ explosion, and 11 booster, which should put him at level 93 minimum.
    It's also difficult to gain exp until you practice for a bit, because the wolf spiders won't give you more than 200K an hour if you keep crashing into them. The point of jumpcasting is to jump over the spiders and cut times. The point of teleporting up the slopes is to evade the spiders when you mist. Note that mist and explosion both have horribly long casting times, which is why I'm still hesitant to switch to lukless even though so many people have told me to do it.
    Right now it's not that bad. I just went there and there are close to 0 hackers, but most of the channels have at least 1 AM/Bish in there.

6. Default

off topic: other than squids, where else can i go at level 80 with maxed mist and level 1 explosion?

7. Harrisonized

Sharks or bone fish. Anything in aqua because that's the only place with both sparing spawn and decent exp rates.

8. Harrisonized

Major update. The Butterfly Route is complete.

9. Default

Can we get a small MiniMap with the whole path for the new BUTTERFLY PATH!
    I think that might help alot.
    AND GRAINS ON THIS AWESOME GUIDE GETTING MORE AWESOMED

10. Harrisonized

What do you mean by a "small minimap"?

11. Default

A 575 x 350 of the Mini Map with the route traced.
    I can imagine the butterfly-
    But seeing it would also help.

12. Harrisonized

I don't think I'll do that. I don't have a very steady finger with my mouse when trying to draw things on Photoshop.

Also, it wouldn't help the guide in any way. Sorry.

You're welcome to try though, and if your picture is good enough, I'll post it to the front page and give appropriate credit to you.