Thread: Keyboard Issues

1. Default Keyboard Issues

Yesterday my keyboard somehow decided to take a pomegranate and if I typed "a" it became "ax", typing "x" became "ax". This occurred with several other pairs of keys. At first I thought it was a hardware issue but after I clicked the language bar & set it back to default settings it seemed to fix the problem. However afterwards I go to Google to test & see that the search bar becomes spammed with the letter "n" and I notice I can't type the letter "n" myself. I currently am pasting an "n" that I copied just to type this properly.

I have no idea if this is still a software issue or if I screwed up my keyboard somehow but this is aggravating as hell. Every time I go to log onto my user account for my laptop the password area fills up with n's that I have to delete first.

Okay, as I was typing this I notice I can force the n spam if I press M, comma, period one after the other quickly. After typing the period the n shows and begins to repeat rapidly. What the hell is going on. Also sometimes when typing "m" an n appears after it as "mn". I think my keyboard is possessed by a demon.

Here's a picture of some lovely n spam.
    Spoiler

Help me technical geniuses of Southperry. Is this a software issue that I can solve or is my keyboard just broken.

quick edit: also noticed left shift+7 doesn't produce a "&" symbol but right shift+7 does.

edit #2 - according to the chinchilla lord I have pomegranate to clean underneath. I don't have a screwdriver at school to take the keyboard off to clean it so when I get a hold of one we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Connor; 2012-01-24 at 06:07 PM.

2. Default Re: Keyboard Issues

I had this problem on an old keyboard/laptop. Im pretty sure its the keyboard itself, since when i switched to a new keyboard, the problem had resolved itself. But i had to flatout replace the laptop because the keyboard was not removable.

3. Default Re: Keyboard Issues

If the Hardware Troubleshooter doesn’t help, try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for your Keyboard.
    a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.*
    b. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    c. Look for the ‘Keyboards’ option, right click on the device and select Uninstall.
    d. Reboot the computer.

Or you could do a system restore and restore it back to a day before the problems occurred.

To open System Restore, follow the steps below:|
    a. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.*
    b. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Access the link below to know more about System Restore:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...sked-questions