Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I do appreciate your input flonne but these articles were merely examples of what you can find simply googling the correct jargon. I don't represent the opinions or personally have anything against any of the canindates besides Gingrinch.

2. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Gringrich is an example of an electable candidate with a horrible track record outside of his professional life, lol. He may make it past the primaries, but the Democrats will tear him apart in the general election. He just has too many flaws...the problem is, I feel the same about every one of the candidates but Paul, and I don't think Paul is going to make it past the primary. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we are getting Obama again -_-

3. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Pretty much, I just think the guys a moron. And oh god, mccain, I'm so glad he's gone LOL

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

-> Section made for news

-> Youtube video and a pro-republican post

5. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

All I really want from ron paul is to win the primary, so that it's Obama vs. Paul in the general election. Gingrich/Romney/every other republican candidate is retarded in one way or another, so I'd rather it be an election between two non-retard candidates. So we can finally get a debate that isn't full of horsesh'it.

6. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Tax tiers don't work like that, net income follows a piecewise curve that's always increasing, just not continuous. If your base income is $150,000 you will take a net of more than someone earning $100,000 - why? Because for the first $100,000 you earn, you pay the exact same amount of income tax as them. Then you get your 60-70% of the other $50,000, ending up still maybe $30,000 ahead.

Deductions can put specific cases out of order, depending which you grab, but the general trend will still be that earning more means you get more.

Of course, with rich people such as Romney paying less than 15% income tax, there's obviously an extent to which the ultra-rich pay less tax than the middle class. But straightening that out is pretty tough for the Senators, when half of them are using those same loopholes...

7. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I know how taxes work, I do work at a tax office lol, but your last paragraph is all I was trying to make clear. They give pretty generous deductions for people with low income, and raise the taxes on the middle class, while the same generosity applies to, for example, oil companies. My example was pretty much an asspull, I'm aware of it lol

8. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I'll bite.

You're a pineappleing moron.

9. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Honestly just reading his site is enough to pick up at minimum 20 things that are bad about the guy.
    His stance on welfare and the whole government safety net is retarded, so is his views on abortion and going back to the "gold standard". Not to mention that the guy is racist.
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-01-24 at 03:26 PM. Reason: I'm fixing this from 5 things to 20.

10. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I still fail to see why you can't just Google opposing views and see if you agree with them or not, instead of trying to encourage people to debate, especially over something as controversial as politics.

11. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

First off, it's > not ->
    Second, I'm guessing you didn't watch the video. Or look at the title of the video.
    I wouldn't vote for him, but Paul is my favorite of the Republican candidates. He's a crazy old man who smiles like he's on crack, and his policies are the most sensible of the Republican candidates'. Not saying much, but still.
    I'm okay with a man whose policies essentially amount to:
    No more US imperialism
    Women can chose
    Gays can marry and be equal
    Remarkably progressive for an era famous for its conservatism.

12. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I won't deny that.
    Despite Ron Paul's views not being the greatest, he's far better than Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney.

13. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

The main thing is, you have to look at all of his views then tone them down; thats the problem many people have with politicians, you have to keep in mind EVERY policy decision they make is going to lean a lot more towards the middle than they want to admit, whether they want it to or not. I would rather have a more centric version of his policies than any other candidate in any presidential election I've been alive for. Thats the greatest strength AND the greatest weakness of our system; it waters down and sometimes even ruins good decisions, but at the same time, it makes psychotically extreme decisions much more agreeable because the other party puts it in check.

14. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Exactly how I feel.

15. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

I just have to say that I actually LIKE Ron Paul because he's a big believer in the constitution. He may have his own personal views, but will still revert back to the constitution and back that up. Truthfully, I like the idea of someone actually wanting to USE the constitution when making decisions. Our country was based upon the constitution and people have spent way too much time trying to either reinterpret it, or throw it away all together.

For me, in the end, it will always come down to the lesser of the two evils because when it comes to politics, I don't really trust any of them.

16. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I don't know, he has a trustworthy aura to me, I think he will do what he says. Perhaps trustworthy is the wrong word for it..."efficient" would fit better. I think he believes his views are most efficient, and he just seems to me like a person that has incredible OCD, and will be psychologically unable to handle doing something he thinks is wrong. LOL.

17. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

I think it's the "Crazy Old Grandpa on Cocaine" aura that you're talking about.
    Because to be honest, that is what he looks like.

18. Default Re: Wow, Ron Paul is amazing

Fair enough.