1. Default Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

What sort of information would be needed to figure out what's better between say a crit ring vs an evo ring? Or what's better between max crit dmg vs 12% dex on potentials?

Or is crit stuff generally always better?

It doesn't have to be exact. If it's not hard to figure out, then exact #s would be great but I'd expect it to be a little difficult.

If the conclusion ends up being "A vs B" is roughly about the same, but we don't know which is exactly better; however for "A vs C", C is relatively/much better, then that's sort of what i'm looking for.

2. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

Crit runs off 3 numbers: percent chance, min dmg, max dmg.

If you write the damage as +% over 100%, the damage bonus due to crit is % * (min + max)/2

eg. 65% crit for 120~150%: 0.65*(0.2 + 0.5)/2 = 0.2275. ie. crit is a 1.2275x multiplier on your damage.

To figure out how much you gain, just calculate again and compare them. 5% more crit would be 0.7*(0.2+0.5)/2 = 0.245, which is a 1.425% damage boost.

I believe vs. a regular evo ring you lose 2 atk 4-all? (or maybe 1-all). Anyway, assuming you have about 1000 primary stat, that part is a 0.4% boost, so the 2 atk has to be a 1% boost, and you need less than 200 total attack for the evo ring to be better.

They are close enough it'll depend on your gear, class skills, and decent/regular SE.

3. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

Is the default crit damage 120%~150% for every class?

Lastly, is there any skills that raise min/max crit damage? Or is it only via potential (and maybe equips)

4. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

SE raises max, Aran's Combo Critical is 20% max High Mastery is 15% min, Paladin's Blast is 20% min, Dragon Knights get 15% min from Dragon Judgment. I don't know as much about other classes.

5. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

Stereo's right.

Most masteries tend to raise critical min by 15%. I think the cap for crit min is 150% and crit max is 180% but there hasn't been any extensive testing of it.

6. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

Pretty sure with my Aran + SE, I've been able to hit double my reg dmg on a crit. Not 100% sure. (+50% max crit base + 20%max from Combo Crit + 30% max from SE = +100% max)

My damage range was in the low 20k's (23k-ish?), and I saw a 201k crit on a Bearwolf with Final Toss.

7. Default Re: Converting Crit Rate + Min/Max Crit dmg to %damage

How I account Damage boost from Crits -> DamageRange * (1+CritChance*(MinCrit+MaxCrit)/2) = Ajusted Damage for Crit
    Ex: 35% chance to Crit, max Crit 150%, min Crit 120% damage range 700~1000.
    700~1000*(1+0.35*(0.2+0.5)/2) >> 785~1122 Ajusted range