Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

As far as I know that only applies if you're the one who kills it.

2. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

It will spawn only the ship when no one is outside to greet them. Dunno if that is still the case since most people arent scared of C.Balrog anymore. I used to ride the ship all the time in 2006-2007 fighting those things. They're so weak by todays standards that they really need to put them in their own map or have them spawn every ride.

3. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Crog is a boss so as long as someone within range kills it, the card will be available for anyone to pick up.

4. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

5. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

I don't think it did belong to a set actually.

6. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

I'm not sure if it was pointed out, but it's possible he got that card with the pre big bang monster book. Many (if not all) cards from the old book were transferred to the new one when it was released.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i got mine post-BB, had to hunt for it, many here had to.

8. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Wow, didn't realize how much was wrong with that picture. Sorry guys. :x

9. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

10. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

It saddens me when several of the people who first replied don't even know what a CRog is...

11. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

VERY VERY FEW of the cards transferred. My book was nearly complete before BB. The only ones of note I kept were Zak, Pianus, Pap, a couple of mushrooms and the MushKing. Out of the 400+ cards I had, only 10-15 actually transferred. CRog may have been one of them, though, since I bought that card from the NPC. I only bought it on one character, so I can't recall if it made it across.

12. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

o.O

I got my Crog card after the new monster book was released.

And then I saw them several times after. This wasn't really recent though. I haven't set foot on a boat since airplanes / free tele rock.

13. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

The problem started being a problem when Ascension hit.

Here is a thread from another board that I frequent that shows how far back the problem goes. (My replies in the thread are incorrect. I did not get a card that day from CRog, I got it from JRog.) So by the date of this thread, it's been at least a problem since early October. The concensus, though, is that it started when Ascension hit.

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...Crimson-Balrog

14. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

rog is a boss, boss card always drop

15. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

No, it is based on the level of the killer.

16. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Seriously. I remember that defeating Crimson Balrog was my inspiration to level for the longest time.

And on that path... my husband and I got wiped out dozens of times by Balrog Jr.

17. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

If you had 400 cards you obviously would have had more then 15, cards transferred over if the background didnt change so most low lv mobs/nearly every boss stayed and of course the mobs that lv didnt change aqua road comes to mind

18. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

This isn't true. Samurai's card doesn't always drop. I also want to say there's like one or two more bosses that don't always drop their cards too, but I can't say for sure.

Same here.. I still remember the first time I killed a CRog.

19. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Do you ever give any accurate information?

Aqua road monsters changed levels: Jr. Seal in previous monster book vs. Jr. Seal after monster book and Old Squid vs. new squid

Also, cards carrying over was not based on being the same color. I had collected all the boss cards from that event a few anniversaries ago on my sister's hermit, and most if not all of them did not carry over. For example, Faust, both of which were green, did not carry over. While not an avid collector, my sister definitely had her share of monster cards, especially the easy to find lower ones. Strangely, orange mushroom and green mushroom, cards that are easy to find did not carry over. However, for the purpose of this thread, the crimson balrog card DID carry over. I was pretty sure it did because I remembered thinking about the hassle of hunting the crog card in the new book, just to realize I had it already, but I checked on my sister's hermit just in case, and it was there.

I remember mine too. It was when I hit 120, and managed to level up and die at the same time, because I could only survive crog because of HB. Good times, good times.

20. Default Re: Crimson Balrogs spawn rate

Nope, I had about 15 cards transfer MAYBE 20. Very few cards kept their IDs. I was one of the guys who spent TONS of Time and $$$ getting cards. I was VERY pissed that so few of them transferred, but was happy that I didn't have to get the Pianus card over again. MANY mobs that 'didn't change' still had their cards change. I think the only Aqua Road card that remained (besides Pianus) was Bone Fish.

But, once I saw how easy it was to get cards in the new book, I stopped being mad and got all my cards back on day 1.