Well, I've solidified this set of rules so far:
- The contest will take place over three- to four-hour periods over the course of seven nonconsecutive days, which will be spread out to the convenience of participants.
- Participants will be able to sign up in teams of three to five, or individually to be randomly placed in a team.
- The goal of the contest is to build the most visually appealing and/or innovative creation that the team may think of, no matter what it is. Obscenity or any other inappropriate creations will result in a disqualification.
- Each team will be given a 150x150 plot of land whose bounds they may not build out of. There is no height or depth limit.
- The mode that this will be played in is survival. There will be mobs, however PvP will be turned off in most parts of the map (Details will come as the map is developed).
- Each team will start with only their plot of land and a food supply.
- For judging, there will be a panel of at least three judges. Creations will only be given one score per judge. Elements that may help this score are as following: Aesthetics, (mechanical) innovation, creativity, and functionality. Please note that creations do not have to fall under all of these categories, and that they are just goals to pursue when building.
Further rules will be outlined once the map is prepared and the number of participants is determined. I already posted a rough outline of the map, so you can look at that to get an idea of what it'll be like. Also, I'll start signups now; if you want to participate, please sign your name on the following list.
Also, I still need a few judges. If I could use your server, Zelkova, that would be great.