IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: ACTA.

Wow, unexpected move. Props to Coelho for this.

3. Default Re: ACTA.

And thats why MAFIAA hates so much those things, while good artists actually get more sales out of piracy since people that like their work want to reward them, MAFIAA only makes pomegranate (well to be fair not always but most of the time) and who would want to buy something you already know is crap.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

MAFIAA?

5. Default Re: ACTA.

Music And Film Industry Association of America™ (MAFIAA™)
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-01-30 at 08:35 PM. Reason: It's supposed to be a joke. MPAA + RIAA = MAFIAA.

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

I find a little ironic that their acronym is Mafia...a

7. Default Re: ACTA.

What's ironic about that? I think they're worse than the actual mob.

8. Default Re: ACTA.

It's obviously not a real thing.
    It's a parody, making fun of the MPAA and the RIAA, merging the two to get MAFIAA.

9. Default Re: ACTA.

Pretty sure that's the joke.

10. Default Re: ACTA.

I like the part where he says sales are going up due to pirating.

Fits with my moral fiber quite nicely; if something is truly worth buying, it will be bought. My best example is Xenoblade; I've already purchased a Wii specifically for its US release. I pirated the EU version and dropped over 100 hours into it, and I will be doing so again as soon as I get the US version. DA:O is another example of mine. Great game, put hundreds of hours into it, then bought it and didn't even play it anymore, just felt it deserved a purchase.

The real reason the industry is mad is quite obvious; they don't want to have to produce quality material anymore but still want the same level of sales.

11. Default Re: ACTA.

There's also this: http://killacta.org/

Manifestations on more than 200 cities. I'm attending one here in Marseille with ~450 confirmed till now. Paris has more than 3k people.

12. Default Re: ACTA.

I'm nervous about tomorrow. The public manifestations have Anonymous into them.

Wish me luck.

13. Default Re: ACTA.

Police: BRONIE SHOOT ON SIGHT GOGOGOGOGOGGO.

You're just going to be standing around yelling stuff no reason to be nervous, unless the french police tear gases you I don't see anything bad happening.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Be sure to have something to cover your face with if things gets hairy, just sayan.

15. Default Re: ACTA.

I'll have scarves. It's really cold anyway so.

16. Default Re: ACTA.

too bad singaporeans are either scared of or love the PAP too much to do any protests. -.-

17. Default Re: ACTA.

It was awesome! Loads of people, we went through the streets shouting and giving away flyers explaining ACTA.

There were a few people that tried to push their political babble onto it and make the manifestation illegal by doing stuff like blocking streets. But some guys from Anonymous took the leadership and organized things so it would be the most peaceful and correct.

There should be youtube videos later today.

18. Default Re: ACTA.

That sounds exciting. I'm more depressed though how Europeans handle this matter so much better than US people did SOPA/PIPA. If we hadn't had the tech industry, they probably wouldn't have got any opposition at all.