Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACTA.

1. Default Re: ACTA.

God damnit.
    Goes against danish law to implement ACTA, so i hope denmark can get free of it, but i somehow doubt it..

2. Default Re: ACTA.

Many of the ways I feel about things right now.

Although to be honest, looking further into this I found something I was unaware of. I had never once stopped to consider generic brand medical products a counterfeit good, and that seems to be another one of the primary targets of this. I wonder if this means that all those generic cereal and frozen foods will be classified that way too. Not that I'd expect any of the larger companies to take action on something as trivial as that...

3. Default Re: ACTA.

Most no name products are made by the same companies that make the brand name products. The quality is rarely even different for food and for medications it's actually 100% the same (because anything less would be literally criminal.) They just cheap out on box label designs and sell for a minimal profit while raking in big money on the sale of their brand name products for people who think they're too good to buy no name.

Of course, there are exceptions to this where quality is absolute pomegranate but it's becoming less and less.

4. Default Re: ACTA.

Walmart and their "Great Value" products come to mind instantly..... Ugh.

5. Default Re: ACTA.

Ugh? I probably have low standards even for cheapstakes, but I like their ice cream and uh... well I only hate the cheese shingles.

6. Default Re: ACTA.

Haha, I just don't like their "Kool-aid"esque products. They don't mix very well into water, and the taste tends to be rather bitter. Or just flat out weird sometimes....

7. Default Re: ACTA.

I've recieved a pretty cool email after the whole SOPA/PIPA blackout thing from "Fight for the Future":

8. Default Re: ACTA.

That has nothing to do with ACTA though.

Polish parliment opposing the signing of ACTA.

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: ACTA.

So... how do i get the poland? i like their style.

10. Default Re: ACTA.

Wow! It seems like the one thing the entire world can agree on (granted some people dont but blah on them) is that we want a Free and open internet.

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Relevant:

European Parliament Official In Charge Of ACTA Quits, And Denounces The 'Masquerade' Behind ACTA

(In another news i didnt knew Twitter was such a good tool for digging info )

12. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Found something on /b/ about google bombing acta(by searching the phrase "massive planned riots acta") to make it appear on google's top 10 searches list to raise awareness.
    Wonder if it'll work.
    Better than ddosing sites I guess.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Is this for real? If so, I like their style.

14. Default Re: ACTA.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/01/...2-eu-countries
    "22 EU members signed the controversial ACTA treaty today in Tokyo. However, the signatures of the EU member states and the EU itself will count for nothing unless the European Parliament gives its approval to ACTA in June."

So, we have two things to look forward to, June for the ACTA and ? for TPP (international SOPA).
    https://www.eff.org/pages/trans-paci...ship-agreement

Enjoy your 2012, I see a lot more than just riots happening if they both pass; 2012 may very well end with quite a few governments completely wiped out due to revolutions. The internet is quite a bit more important than the politicians believe, and anyone NOT willing to use force to protect it is a bit silly, in my opinion.

15. Default Re: ACTA.

Good thing Brazil is against ACTA.

16. Default Re: ACTA.

Remember when Europe was saying "good thing we are against SOPA", and now they are dealing with ACTA, and soon the "even worse than SOPA"-tier TPP? Yeah. It will be coming to you soon...and even if it doesn't, the US has already gotten people in other countries brought in for trial; Just look at the Megaupload owners. Soon it won't matter if a country is for or against a law, the rest of the world will force their views on a dissenting country regardless of how that country's government feels about it.

Except maybe China. Then again, China has all of this stuff already, so moving there would just put you in the same situation with the added bonus of 30 hour workdays and horrible deformities.

17. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

You like their ice cream because it's made by Breyers lol. Same pomegranate, different box. (I know this because my husband worked for Breyers)

But Oi..........I have less and less faith in our government on a daily basis.

18. Default Re: ACTA.

So true. I am going to assume that the US is for this, if it is affected by it at all. Bleh.

19. Default Re: ACTA.

They started it with Japan.

20. Default Re: ACTA.

Since the beginning of times, all forms of power had few things to control the masses. Information, fear. Control both, and you become unstoppable. Literally.

It's no surprise they want those back. They already have fear in many ways. That one's easy. But internet fixed the information. It's absolutely not surprising that they want to get everyone to be like sheep obeying everything they say.