2. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

As I've said in the past, as have others...

Change your password once a month or once every 2 months and you'll be fine.

3. Default

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

@KhainiWest

lmfao. That's great.

I still find it funny that Nexon tries to bluff that they are increasing security and are on top of things, when really they don't even understand their own game.

5. Default

This is what i do. I try my best to be on for as long as possible, Even through I have never gotten hacked on this game every time I log in I ready myself to see my chars deleted/hacked.. ._. It's sorta worrying lol.

6. Default

my guild master got hacked a week after changing his pass, and he change his pass every week since beta ( i think)

and I'm not sure if he got keylogged or something, that I don't know.

7. Default

So did david.

8. Default

Play what?
    Because I imagine there's an implied "Maple" in your sentence, and that's absolutely not inclusive enough.
    Basically, anyone who plays any Nexon game and charges NX is at risk.

Why do you people think it's so much fun to ask questions that no one can realistically answer?

Also false.

9. Default

Still safe here. So is a lot of people I know. so far only 1 guild mate, my mule which I never touched in years, and 1 buddy have been hacked. I locked all my important stuff anyway I really don't care if hackers take my money so long as I can keep my important stuff. Money's easy to replace items are not.

10. Default

There is a thread on the Nexon forums which strongly hints there is a new public MTS hack, or that the old one got "unpatched"

11. Default

All the old one did was give out your id and character name. Sure it sucks but it's not like it gave out all your info

12. Default

link please, I can't find it

13. Default

Probably this one:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...you-got-hacked
    though there are a few 'bin hacked' threads on the go there.
    At first he sounds like he knows a thing or two. But saying 'MTS hack is still around' makes me wonder, since like Swordstaker said, the original MTS exploit didn't seem near as bad.
    Last edited by MissingLink; 2012-01-20 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added comment

14. Default

That seems so beyond

15. Default

Logged into Maple Story for the first time in a year to go for the ring quest and see all my scrolls, items and mesos gone.
    Well more reason to not go back.

16. Default

I did not ask anyone tell me the 'truth' about who is hacking everybody, I said who do you think can be behind this? That's asking for an opinion. You don't need to know facts or have proofs to suspect of someone. Like the people saying Hollywood is buying congressman to pass SOPA.

I'm asking about this becuase I wonder if the group being issued by Nexon (supposedly) could be the same one behind the hackings. Even if all I can get from it is hate them more and wish them even worse.

17. Default

My mule got hacked back in December (with a reset email), during the last thread.

My main got hacked sometime this month, even after several password changes in December.

18. Neutron
    IGN: DarkXDaisuke
    Server: Scania
    Level: 172
    Job: NightLord
    Guild: Conundrum
    Alliance: Noble
    usa

my cousins old acc got hacked... I was using it to hold some of my items too... and slowly gearing it so I could maybe play it one day.
    it was not involved in the MTS leak but I was unable to change its password and pic for a long while so that could be why... or my cousin gave his info to a friend and it got hacked that way...

19. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Elsword has been going through a hacking spree as well. Same pattern too, no one believes it at first, then reputable/ not stupid people report to being hacked and stuff gets real.

Just something to consider, Nexon is no longer the only one having trouble of this caliber. KC even went through measures to limit purchases on certain items to make it harder for them to clean out people's item cash, acknowledging the situation.

i mean, we're hearing about companies like Sony and others getting their information/Pws stolen pretty often now. All this considered, could it be that the art of hacking in general has actually reached that TV fantasy 'can get through almost anything' level?