Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

Nope it's Nexon's programming error that disables this.

Already quitted my lvl 127 Demon Slayer for it... (together with other reasons but ok...)

I guess Nexon fixes this (together with Metamorphosis fck up) around Justice patch, when Demon Slayers get nerfed to half their original DPS, when it has become a garbage class and everyone is enjoying their 2 times higher DPS and 5 times more useful Phantom char...

And yes, I tried fixing it (4 hours long...), but the only way is using 2 buttons to jump, like "A" + "DPAD Right" (lolfail...) or use another button then 1,2,3 or 4 (read DPAD buttons) to jump (2x DPAD Right). But since that ruins the use of an ergonomically gamepad, I retired my Demon Slayer.

Also the fact that -every- DS (!!!) skill does have a lower DPS then spamming normal attack, except for Demon Impact at bosses (Demon Impact is even weaker then normal attack at LHC...lol) after Justice patch makes this class retarded to waste your time on anyway...

My advise: Quit it while you can and wait for Phantom...

2. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

I know someone that is able to glide perfectly with a controller and xpadder though. I've tried using his setup on my computer with the same version of xpadder and it won't work for me, that's why I'm so confused. I've managed to figure out that if you use the analogue sticks and glide with them held diagonally (e.g. up + right), it works until you turn around in the air, at which point you plummet back down to the ground. There has to be a way to get around this if it isn't affecting everyone. I just don't know what to try.

I'm not playing a Demon Slayer because of the damage, it's just a nice bonus for now. That's another issue entirely.

3. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

I managed that much as well... I figured out if I reconfigured my PS3 controller through MotionJoy to play as a PS2 controller with trigger buttons, I could actually use L2/R2 to glide successfully after mapping them as triggers instead analog buttons in xpadder. I could also tell xpadder that the stick directions were triggers and that worked as well... both options are just incredibly awkward to play with. :\

Using L2/R2 as triggers glitched up really quickly for me, though... xpadder was reading my left trigger as being held down constantly or wouldn't register when I pushed it, so that didn't work out quite so well.

so far the only thing I've found to work is mapping the controller through MotionJoy and then through xpadder, with the side-effect of motionjoy causing a slight delay to all of the button presses x_X but I also think it is limited to only work with PS3/360 controllers.

4. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

Gah. I'm so confused.

I tried running a friends Xpadder config file again and despite how it works on his perfectly (able to glide without any issues at all) it gives me the same issues as everyone else is having. I don't get why it works for him but not me ;_;

*sigh*

5. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Hrm... Are you and your friend using the same kind of controller? That's ultimately my last guess. :\ Maybe he just has different drivers that allow the controller to work slightly differently?

I don't fully understand controller mechanics at all, but there's something specific about button type that makes it work or not work... I have no idea why some buttons can be registered as trigger buttons and some can't, and why trigger buttons work but regular buttons do not.

It kind of makes me want to revisit PPJoy again, but Hackshield did not like me running that with Maple and it's kind of hard to test if it's working with the servers being down. >_<

6. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

Only Nexon can fix this, somehow they messed with the joypad buttons from their own gamepad implementation and as usual, things went wrong at Nexon... :/

7. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Apparently, triggers are buttons that are pressure sensitive. If you have a button that is pressure sensitive (Like L2/R2 on PS3 and some PS2 controllers, for example - or analog sticks.) you can map your jump key to it and it will work just fine. S'just something weird with the mechanics of it... Triggers react as if you're actually holding the key down, whereas buttons seem to press the key just once at the start of the hold, or repeatedly if you use autofire/turbo.

In Xpadder, buttons and triggers get registered separately - when I tell MotionJoy (which, acts as the driver for my PS3 controller, it seems) that I want to use a PS2 controller with analog triggers, L2 and R2 will not register in Xpadder as buttons, ONLY as triggers.

So, okay. I got this working with only a slight change to my current button layout. I found I could set "dead zones" to my triggers in Xpadder to prevent the problem I had previously with my controller thinking the left trigger was held down constantly. All of my buttons are mapped out the same, with the exception of adding jump to R2 as well. (For me, R2 was previously only a shift button, so the only drawback I have is I now jump once everytime I switch to use button set 3, which wasn't too often anyway.) I still jump with my old normal jump button, but if I want to glide while jumping, I can just hold down R2. It's not the greatest solution, but it's the exact same setup I used to compensate for thief flash jump needing to be hotkeyed instead of just pressing jump twice, so I can deal.

To sum all of that up, it is partially a hardware issue. Certain controllers will work while others will not. Until Nexon fixes whatever they changed for their in-game joypad settings, this is the only solution I can come up with. :\

8. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

Thanks a lot for all the help. I've managed to get it sort of working - sometimes it registers as a glide and others it doesn't. Is there any chance you could upload your xpadder configuration & profile files so I(/we) can download them and have a look?

9. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

So while Maple'd been down all night, I'd been diligently trying to find a nicer workaround for this. I have found one for those who have a PS3 controller!

You need to be using MotionJoy as the driver for your controller. (This may be the only PS3 driver available, I'm not sure, but it's the only thing I ever see in Google.)

1. Open up the MotionJoy DS3 Tool.

2. Choose Playstation 3 mode and click ==> Options.
    You'll be presented with a list of button numbers, and what button they correspond to on the controller (example: Button 1: Triangle).

3. Disable the button you use to jump and another button you won't press at the same time by selecting "None" from the drop-down menu. (I used Button 1 and Button 3, leaving Triangle and Cross unmapped to any buttons).

4. Scroll down past the rest of the buttons until you get to the axes. Map the two buttons you disabled above to Axis z+ and Axis z-. Click save changes. These two buttons are now triggers.

5. Click back to "Profiles" and click Enable. You can click the Game Controller Panel button and run a test to verify your buttons are registering as the z axis and not actual buttons.

6. In Xpadder, go into controller settings. Select triggers, and click detect. Press one of your trigger buttons for left, the other for right. (I don't think it really matters which is which?) Press OK. You can now map keys to the triggers just like you do for all of your other buttons - map one as your jump key, and the other as whatever you had it before.

If you use Joy2Key, you need to check the box in the Others tab that says "Use Axes other than X and Y." For me, the z axis was Axis3 in Joy2Key.

Some other notes:
    If both triggers are pressed at the same time, they cancel each other out -- this is why I recommend using two buttons you know you won't press at the same time.

Also, I am able to completely exit out of the MotionJoy DS3 tool and my buttons still read as triggers in Xpadder, but only until I restart my computer. After a restart, I need to reload MotionJoy and click Enable for Playstation 3 mode for the buttons to be triggers again, but I haven't needed to reconfigure anything in the options.

10. Default Re: Can't fly on my DS using a controller

Dear Nexon:

Please don't fix this issue.

Sincerely,
    Everyone tired of Demon slayers ksing all over.