Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Maplestory Cards/Deck

I like sparking discussion; so here is another one for you. I find this one to be more of a logic puzzle, but without one correct answer.

In the (eventually) upcoming Justice Patch, a card system will be introduced. Pretty simple: Each character you have above level 30 gives you a card, and you can use 6 cards together to form a deck. This deck, based off of the cards, give all your characters bonuses.
    More info.

What deck do you think is the best for DPS kings, Phantom, Merc, and Hero's? What deck will you be preparing for your evan? What is the best defensive setup?

Is more doge and critical needed on Phantom; or would you roll with HP increases.

We will see this in GMS in 3 to 6 months, so better get your decks started!

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

Personally, as a Shadower, I'll go with a Marksman and a DrK for crit and HP.

For having 3 adventurers, I'll get 700 HP and MP, 3 attack and magic attack, 3% damage increase on boss monsters, so that's nice too.

3. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

I really haven't noticed any difference from this new system, to be honest.

4. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

I'll just use my level 120+ characters. Most of them happen to be Pirates (mechanic, Cannoneer, buccaneer) so hopefully i get the pirate only buff.

Otherwise, nothing major o_O

5. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

The paladin buff is nuts.

6. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

The pally buff is lost in translation...

7. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Don't a deck consists of 3 cards, and you can have 2 Decks active, since well, there are only 5 different types of mages, warriors, and archers so far?

Anyway, I'm getting the Mage buff + Adventurers buff. The Fire/Posion, Evan, BaM buff will be nice to have, while on the other side a Buccaneer, Marksman and Ice/Lighting.

All 120+, so I wonder if the having 3 S cards at the same time stacks, or only counts as if you have one.

Anyway, looking foward to this system.

8. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

brb stacking 6 Mechanics for +100% buff duration, +20 allstats, and 16% monster defense ignore.

Assuming it stacks like that, anyway.

9. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

This Man is Brilliant.

10. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

You can't have more than one of the same class, or the same job branch, in the same deck. So, 3 Mechs or Dit+CB+Shad, for example, are not allowed.

11. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

Drat. xd

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Dammit. Looks like I need to make a dual blader.

13. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

How the hell are you supposed the get the bowman one + adventurer then?

Ok, it looks like they are making the 3rd bowman branch SOON.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Explorer branch + Wild Hunter + Mercedes.

I think I'll probably make a Battlemage and a Mechanic now so that I can make a decent tanking deck with one good damage increasing buff. My deck will give me +5% hp, +20% buff duration, 5% damage reduction from enemies, +4% crit, % status resistance, and -5% exp loss on death, and +20 all stats. That's assuming I can make a deck with 6 cards though.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

I thought you could only have the effects from one deck? Or maybe I'm just confused ._.

16. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

Assuming I am understanding the system correctly (The system is on live servers now, right? Could we get more clarification on things?), getting the mules to 120:

Deck 1: Viper (15 ATT), Marksman (12% Crit), Paladin (+6 to all stats), +10 all stat 3 Adventurer bonus, +700 HP/MP and +3 ATT S rank bonus
    Deck 2: Demon Slayer (? Status Resist), Mechanic (60% longer buffs), Battle Mage (15% damage reduction), +10 all stat 3 Resistance bonus, +700 HP/MP and +3 ATT S rank bonus

Christ, even folks like me who have no intention of ever spending money on the game can become powerful these days.

17. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

"These [stats] are taken from the max level"

I assume that means things like Mech's 20% buff duration apply only at level 200, rank SS, and has a lesser effect in the S, A, and B brackets.
    While things like "for every level, increase stat by 2" it means by rank, so assumedly at rank 4, you'd get +8 allstats.

If my take on it is right, I feel bad for those guys with adventurer thieves; +5 speed or jump at level 200? Yeah, grand. >_>
    Last edited by Daakun; 2012-01-23 at 11:17 PM. Reason: derp

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

% avoid rate please. xD

19. Neutron
    IGN: DarkXDaisuke
    Server: Scania
    Level: 172
    Job: NightLord
    Guild: Conundrum
    Alliance: Noble
    usa

yeah, what is with that... I mean they could have added at least stun or poison then it would be a little useful but speed and jump?

20. Default Re: Maplestory Cards/Deck

looks like i need to make a drk so i can get 700 hp/mp / 3 att / 3% boss + 5% hp + ds' status resist + aran or hero buff + 10% hp -> damage conversion o.O

hb becomes a damage skill? wtp? badass. and with my current hp and range on ds, its like a 10% buff too.

can the same character's card be used in both decks? /plans ds + mech + bam deck also