Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default The pros and cons of all classes.

I would like it if people could post the pros and cons of their highest characters so I can be sure you know enough about it. Not saying its not possible to know a lot about a certain class but it just helps.

I'd like to see people post pros and cons down here that are acceptable and true. So we want facts here not oppinions. If people agree on others posts then let me know so I can add it to the actual chart.

If anyone thinks I should change anything about the lay-out or anything else, let me know aswell.
    I've filled in the first three warrior jobs for now. I'll add more myself later on but i'm in college atm.
    Either way, if mine so far are not true or should be different. Then again, let me know.

Adventurers

Warriors:
    Hero

DarkKnight

Paladin

Bowmen:
    Bowmaster

Marksmen

Thieves:
    Shadower

NightLord

Mages:
    Bishop

Arch Mage F/P

Arch Mage I/L

Pirates:
    Corsair

Buccaneer

Sub-Adventurers.
    DualBlader

Cannoneer

Resistance
    BattleMage

WildHunter

DemonSlayer

Mechanic

Legends
    Aran

Mercedes

Evan

Phantom

Cygnus Knights
    NightWalker

DawnWarrior

ThunderBreaker

WindArcher

FlameWizard

Beginners
    (Not sure if this should be in the chart. its just here for the gigs atm.)

Noblesse

Citizen

Legend

Beginner

PermBeginner
    Last edited by ZeroGravity; 2012-01-23 at 07:44 PM.

2. Default

I wouldn't say that DrKs have better defensive skills than a Hero. DrKs have no powerguard or achilles, 1/1 kills them easyly and the behold hp recovery isn't good enough to save them. Hero lost their achilles, but they still got PG and can survive 1/1s. Or is there some kind of defensive skill I'm missing from DrKs that save them from 1/1s?
    A Con for paladin can be their own elementals lol..(example: PB).

Mercedes
    Pros:
    -2 equips, arrow and weapon, that can get boss damage.
    -Very high DPS, don't need that many funds to be able to solo bosses such as HT and Czak.
    -Good avoid.
    -Extremely good mobility with many mobility skills. Can get to 165% speed, has acrobatic jump, can climb ropes and ladders fast. You get all these on 1st job.
    -Ignore defense for a monster hit by legendary spear or unicorn spike; therefore, improving the damage dealt by whoever attacks the monster.
    -Good defensive skills for a non-warrior job, water shield absorbs damage and gives you status resistance. The recovery hp/mp skill that you get at the beginning is also useful.
    -Ring of ishtar hits twice so can do max damage x2.
    -Has a summon.
    -Starts with level 30 charm.
    -Good attack skills for both single and multiple targets. They also have a rush skill.
    -Easy to level coz they get 10% more exp, plus they auto-job advance at level 70 and 120.

Cons:
    -Low HP.
    -Too many buffs and they all matter. Your buffs increase your range A LOT. A total of 6 buffs without counting decent skills. Getting dispelled sucks.
    -Since it's not an adventurer, decent skills can be dispelled.
    Last edited by HellenzSin; 2012-01-19 at 04:04 AM.

3. Default

Hmmm thats true, I meant it more as the total defense a class has with the defensive skills. I just said it wrong. I'll add this stuff in there seeing its a fact.
    Thanks for your contribution.

4. Default

Blade Master
    Spoiler

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

WHY?! Why would anyone put Cannoneer and Dual Blader with the Legends? It just doesn't make any sense.

@Below: I think for them being with their adventurer counterparts would be the right thing to do, since the latest revamps they have A LOT in common.

I ask such thing to be fixed at once.

Anyway...

Spoiler

And

Spoiler

That's all I can think of. I'll edit in case I forgot something.

6. Default

Put the Dual Blade and Cannoneer in its own category or group them with adventurers. If they have their own I think the term Gaiden is used by KMS people.

7. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Bishop:
    Con- Not much attack skills other than Shining Ray and Angel Ray

I/L Arch Mage:
    Pro: Chain Lightning is fast, hits x5 I think?
    Con: Bad against element-resist (solved by the element reset ski

8. Default

Marksman:
    Pros:
    • They can call upon the legendary Articuno.
    • They hit high numbers with Pierce and Snipe.
    • Their mastery books are dirt cheap.
    • Whereas Corsairs and Night Lords don't have a choice in carrying stars and bullets, having arrows on hand as a Marksman is entirely optional, which frees up slots for more important potions.
    • They have a Rush skill (i.e. Dragon Breath).
    • A STRless Archer is easier to make than say, a LUKless Mage or a DEXless Thief due to armors not needing STR.
    • Sharp Eyes is pretty cool.
    • Low HP, but good survivability.

Cons:
    • Pierce charges slowly and is not affected by Crossbow Booster or Speed Infusion.
    • Ultimate Strafe does not trigger Final Attack; Single Target DPS leaves much to be desired, especially compared to Bowmasters.
    • Iron Arrow, Dragon Breath and Piercing Arrow have limited range compared to moves like Arrow Blow, Blizzard/Inferno and Arrow Bomb.

9. Default

You have two bowman sections, one of them should be "Thief"

10. Default

Demon Slayer

Pros:
    High Mobility
    Hard-Hitting moves, even when unfunded
    Able to get two weapons with % Boss Damage potential
    Immune to 80% of status effects and elemental damage
    Second highest defensive prowess in the game (just shy of a Paladin)
    Does not use MP
    Has a high critical rate, rivaling that of Archers
    Some skills have a 100% critical chance
    Passive DEF ignore
    Passive % Boss Damage
    Everyone loves Leech Aura (before it gets nerfed)
    Has skills to rush and pull mobs toward them
    Can safely go DEXless without sacrificing weapons or armor
    Can debuff monsters, lowering their ATT and DEF while increasing their EXP and drop rate
    Has a really cool Maple Warrior animation

Cons:
    It is the newest class, so almost everyone has one
    Some skills cost HP
    Its mastery books are very expensive
    Dark Metamorphosis is currently broken, crippling the damage output of fourth-job Demon Slayers
    Demon Slayers are going to be nerfed soon
    Last edited by FederalXTC; 2012-01-19 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added Critical Rate to the Pros.

11. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Evan
    Spoiler

Pretty much all I could think of currently and what I seen from other people's opinions. Higher level Evans seem to be more respected by some players. This could be due to personality reasons or other factors so couldn't really fit that as a pro. I'm sure other Evans could add to this as well:D

Looks like one did already aha

@HellenzSin 6 buffs isn't much, Evans have 8 which are vital and should be recasted as frequently as possible. Guess it could be a con for both:)

12. Default

Heroes

Spoiler

Aran

Spoiler

Crusaders nor fighters are 'pretty weak'. Fighters got rage which gives 20 att and soon 30 att. Crusaders got Combo atack, which is still one of te strongest attack buffs and they also can spam coma and use panic every 30 seconds which causes darkness to work with chance attack

13. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I'm gonna try to keep it as open and generalized as possible for easy understanding!

Shadowers:

Pros:

-Highest mobility among physical melee classes due to haste and Flash Jump.
    -Has very high mob damage potential with meso explosion.
    -Best survivablilty among the thief classes due to Meso Guard and Shield Mastery on top of Avoid abilities.
    -Varying skills for different mob situations makes it more engaging compared to most classes.
    -At the time of this writing, is set to improve DRASTICALLY along with Justice patch.

Cons:
    -The varying range on your different skills demand attention to your position when attacking. Though the avoid skills compensate for that a little. If you're not following your proper attack cycles you can lose damage potential. Ultimately the fun of skill comboing is a double edged sword since it requires more memorization/attention than most 1 button classes.
    -As with all thieves, the high dex requirements can be annoying to manage.
    -Some of the most effective single target skills have very short range.
    -lacks a Rush or Pull type skill, common among melee classes.

14. Default

Battle Mage:
    Auras are useful in almost any situation
    Highest HP of all mage classes, and when fully buffed at level 150 have around 20k hp.
    Great when training on more than one mob at a time
    Has 3 skills that grant invincibility for fairly long durations
    1 of the invincibility skills grants party invincibility
    Great at PVP due to its invincibility and two stunning moves that pull
    Has a non-dispellable hp drain buff (5% of base hp)

Cons:
    Summon is almost useless after 3rd job
    Lacks a single target skill
    Advanced Blue Aura and Blue Aura still autokill you if you are 1/1'd
    Low DPS
    Final weapon is very expensive (Dragon Tail Mage staff or Elemental staff 5-8)
    Advanced Yellow Aura Passive doesn't grant the passive dodge chance it should
    Melee range

15. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

*cracks knuckles* Archer whore, at your service!

Wind Archer

Pros:

- Good mobility skills for the same reason as the others, BUT they also have Wind Walk, which allows them to move around like a thief that has Dark Sight.
    - They obtain Hurricane at an earlier level due to being a Cygnus Knight.
    - They obtain a transformation skill in 3rd Job, which raises their power and gives them more mobility.
    - Soul Arrow in 2nd Job, no need for arrows.
    - As mentioned above, they have a Dark Sight ability, which also increases their power after use.

Cons:

- Can not level past 120 (applies to all Cygnus Knights).
    - Wind Walk must be used before every attack in order to abuse its full potential.
    - No freeze/stun skill.
    - Does not obtain Sharp Eyes.
    - Does not obtain a summon that allows them to increase their survivability (the adventurer archers have this).
    - Their second job mob skill does not stun like Hunters' does.

Wild Hunter

Pros:

- Great mobility.
    - Can move while attacking because they technically do not move themselves, their jaguar does.
    - Hurricane-like skill in 4th Job.
    - They get a full-screen attacking skill (ultimate) in 4th Job (like all others, has a cooldown).
    - They obtain a stance skill in 3rd Job (55% stance).
    - Great for 1vs1 ranged and can do melee attacking as well (jaguar attacks).
    - Soul Arrow in 2nd Job, so no need for arrows.
    - As crossbow users, they need less STR than bow users.

Cons:

- Depends on their mount for both survivability and movement.

-----

My answers/opinions in bold for adventurers, and contributed to Wind Archers and Wild Hunters (someone already did Mercedes :p), feel free to add whatever I missed as I have not played a Wild Hunter past 120. Also, I wouldn't mention mobbing skills being useful at a place like Jesters as that place is, in my humble opinion, terrible for a newbie to go at. I wouldn't recommend it unless you tolerate being KSed out of your channel. Mobbing skills are useful everywhere anyway.

*Only way for a female archer/pirate/magician to obtain Decent HB, as far as I know, is to acquire Android Legs for cubing. However, they are untradeable upon equipping and are an extreme rarity and are (I think) no longer obtainable. Would like a confirmation on this as I no longer see Iruvata Boosters in Gachapon announcements.

Grammar tip: Plural for Thief is Thieves. :3
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-01-19 at 10:31 AM. Reason: SO MUCH EDITING.

16. Default

So... Is this before the last KMS tweaks, or after?

If it's before...

Night Lord:

Pros:
    -Somewhat decent damage with the proper equipments, as it has a better weapon attack multiplier, even with lower attack base.
    -Good movility. Can improve other people's with haste.
    -Has top and bottom over lv 70.
    -Can attack in the air easily.
    -Can heal itself by reducing his DPS using drain. Also better potion efficiency from potions.
    -High critical rate.

Cons:
    -Severe lack in skill variety.
    -Can't push monsters.
    -Main self buff skill requires a summon rock to use. And can be dispeled. Long cast time unless on a rope.
    -Flash jump requires a key to be used.
    -No party buffs to improve damage. Only buff to improve speed/jump is on a stat that has a hard cap, negating all speed/jump stats from the target's equipment.
    -Most skills useless against bosses.
    -Not crippling, but low hp.
    -Can't equip anything on the shield slot, -1 potential line.
    -Shadow shifter doesn't protect against status effects.
    -Has to recharge star.
    -Only one mob attack, 3rd job, and can only hit in one direction, limited height.

17. Default

Aran
    Spoiler

Buccaner
    Spoiler

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I guess I'll just go ahead and rep-post the pros and cons of the few classes I've gotten past 130.

Paladins

Cannoneers

Wild Hunters

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Pre-revamp buccaneer

Post-revamp buccs

Cannoneer

20. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Wind Archer

PROS:
    -flexibe movement: more than any bowmen class but mercedes(wind walk and double jump eagle eye and archer mastery)
    -good quantity of att skills: eagle eye and concentrate gives you att buff (20 total) dont forget bow expert's permanent 20 att and empress or echo of hero buff
    -Empress Buff: It helps you att higher lvl monsters and gives 4% att... it also don't dissapear when you die it is also glitched... so it will never expire until you log off
    -Easy class to harvest:maybe not many people still do that but wind walk helps you if you want to find minerals... like I said in the point 1
    -High ATT 3rd job skills: yup yup... wind piercing deals a big damage... wind shoot too but hurricane is is better because the speed
    -irena is the instructor: she looks cool I mean check how she looks in the anniversary screen sadly she lost alot of spotlight in the lastest animated video because phantoms cape

CONS:
    -lack of kb skills
    -speed of mob attacks and movement while attack since jump... storm break was kinda better than storm spike because you could use it while you was walking
    -*24 hour cooldown
    -low hp? 6k hp is fine for me...