Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Please add this about FPs:

F/P Archmage

Pros:
    Utilizes a variety of skills in order to stack a multitude of DoT attacks.
    The best DoT in the game by far.
    Pro to ridiculously-funded players: DoT has no damage cap (or 2147xxxxxx may be the cap).
    Mist Eruption does insanely high damage every ~12 seconds (with lag), even for low-funded players.
    Great mobbers.
    Decent bossers.

Cons:
    Less popular than the rest of the mages.
    Lack anything resembling a useful party skill (until Union when meditate gets 30 magic instead of 20 - but that's still sub-par).
    When highly-funded, they are hindered by the damage cap comparing to other attacking mages that are also highly-funded.
    Though they have great potential for bossing, post-Union they are severely overshadowed by Evans and ILs in that regard at multi-part bosses.
    May be biased, but they have ugly-looking skills (mist, poison breath).
    At popular bosses, they easily succumb to seduce+1/1 or Damage Reflect without the help of other classes. Thus it's quite hard, even for super-funded FPs, to solo/duo bosses like Pink Bean.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Opinions about popularity or appearance is not a pro/con you morons.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

This is on what Aran is currently, don't know how it will be after revamps.

Aran

Pros:

- Awesome looking mounts
    - Combat Step works great off the edge and in El Nath
    - Drain.
    - Final Toss will deal the best (multimob) DPS without the need to buy any books.
    - Can kill other players off ropes or "safespots" (great ie. for revenge on ksers)
    - Combo system

Cons:

- Slow movement
    - Low HP for a warrior
    - Close range
    - Buffs have too low duration
    - Requires you to hit Attack key
    - Lacks useful party buffs
    - Weakish in 1v1 DPS (At least until revamps)
    - Accidental Judgements when spamming Final Toss, because of too similar commands
    - One of, if not the worst class in PvP
    - Need to zakum for important books
    - Max Freeze Stand doesn't give 100% stance
    - Combo tends to run out when stunned
    - Attacking is repeating in the early levels
    - When using rush, mobs don't seem to move all the time.
    - Some Aran skills trigger auto-dc.
    - Unique Cash Inv (like all new classes)
    - Smart KB is useless (before revamps)
    - Horrible when getting ksed (outside LHC)
    - Snowshoes will screw up Combat Step
    - Max MP is low and runs out fast
    - Requires Fast weapon for good dmg (Fast or Normal after revamps)
    - Can't get up on the platform in Hene (excluding flying mount)
    - Like in several other classes, Dmg cap screws Arans up when highly funded
    - OS books are/were quite expensive.
    - Attacking can be difficult to stop, ie. when a boss uses damage reflect
    - Once in a while you will accidentally enter a portal or start climbing when using arrow keys for skills
    - Too short storyline, there would have been potential for more :<

Writing this made me realise how much Arans suck :(

4. Default

Adding most of the stuff posted in here right now. i'll edit this post later probably.

5. Default

Dark Knight reads 3th instead of 3rd. Another con would be somewhat hindered by the damage cap when funded/at bosses with Sacrifice (can't peak higher than 999,999 until Justice, when it'll be 999,999 x 2)

6. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Debatable for one class pretty much

Evans have no option of removing Mir. If you do not like Mir following you around, that would be a con and would have you hate the class enough to not play. If you enjoy having him follow you then it would be a pro and will make you enjoy Evan more.

However I agree about the popularity bit, it shouldn't really matter. As for appearance I agree except with Mir: since it's forced onto all Evans and the only way out of it is to not make the class hence why con is relevant.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well yeah, because mir existing is a functional impediment to attacking effectively that must be mentioned in order to be fair.

8. Water
    canada

I see pros/cons of classes, nothing about listing what makes them attack effectively anywhere in the OP? If it's specifically mentioned anywhere then I shall apologize:p

Two different perceptions of the same thread. I took the thread as to what makes a class good and what makes it bad: balancing them to produce an interest in maybe creating one if you don't have problems with it. Not solely their attacking strategies.

9. Default

About popularity, how about just putting a rating next to the name?

Something like:

Bandit ★★☆☆☆

Mercedes ★★★★★

Also, it's Bowmen and Thieves.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

What the f'uck? How is attacking effectively/efficiently not a pro/con?

When did i say attacking strategies was the only point of this thread? Mir being the focal point of all your attacks is completely within the realm of what makes an evan good or bad, because you can't move as fast as you want to due to him having to come back to the point of origin for your character so whatever skill you are using has the best range.

11. Water
    canada

Oh, maybe I misread you then. I've literally been doing nothing for five hours so my brains pretty much turned off. Hate 5 hrs of self-direct classes

If you didn't mean that then I apologize for thinking all of that.

12. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

With telecast applied to all our skills, we no longer need for Mir to get "back to the point of origin of our characters", eliminating that Con. Unless I'm mistaken. :/

13. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I liked the idea... but if you want see the popularity of a ck you must... take them separated

and yeah the irena pro was a joke

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I would think that since telecasting by nature increases the rate at which you move around a certain area, mir would have to move around more, intensifying the situation.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

FP mages are less popular than the rest (save for BW) - how is that an opinion? It's a proven fact.
    FP mages have some ugly skills (i.e. mist) - yep, that is an opinion but most people find it ugly so I put that as a con. Maybe I should've explained better.

I could see how popularity can neither be viewed as a pro or a con because some people actually like going for the unconventional/underused classes. But I put them with regards to general sentiment.

16. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I look at it the other way around. I use two Blaze attacks while moving with tele-cast rather than teleporting two times so that Mir teleports from his previous distance to right behind me so I could use Illusion. I always saw tele-casting as a great improvement on how much times I could attack.

I might be wrong and it would appear to me this way than it might actually be, but that's how I feel it is.

17. Default

Why would a bad thread inspire you to create a bad official thread?

There is something to be said for parsing objective comparisons of the classes, but this is just stupid. You should rank them in order of single target DPS, self buffed movement speed, vertical jump height, crit rate, that sort of thing. That'd be useful information and not subject to everyone spewing their own (sometimes entirely minsinformed) opinions.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well yeah it's an improvement on attack speed and movement, but my point was that because it's coming from mir, there's a range detriment because his mouth (the starting point for any attack) can be either in front of or behind you, reducing or elongating the horizontal range of the attack.

I don't know why F/P are suddenly unpopular when they've been fundamentally the best mage ever since big bang.

Opinions on a topic like this is some basil s'hit. Functional differences are what this thread is about, not something that literally no one can prove.

19. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Regarding popularity, what about its effect on the availability of gear for said class? I personally would consider it a 'con' for the sake of a class defining thread since it is a stumbling block in improving its damage.

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm not even sure prices should be a factor unless it's on an extreme scale. For example, pirates being cheap because they're un-revamped or thieves being expensive because of more slots with potential.