Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

The exact opposite for me lol, the only thing I like about GW2 that I would play for is the dynamic event based quest system, but since TERA is coming out near the same time, it's not enough to make me get it, I really like TERA's gameplay a ton.

2. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

new wave of CBT4 keys started a few minutes ago.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...y-Handout.html
    5K was start, down to 4,300 already.

3. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

So apparently my bottleneck is rendering other characters; I won't be able to do mass pvp yet, but I can easily play the game at max graphical settings if I turn other player's graphics/skills down to minimum and make the max allowed character's loaded on screen 10. In fact, I can even run it fine forcing FXAA4 via graphics card engine. I need a new processor, more/faster RAM, or, more than likely, a combination of the two, but my GPU is fine for this (HD5750).

4. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

rendering other chars is my max too. Max settings runs fine but takes ages to render people i run by in towns

5. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

From all research I've done online, it's a CPU bottleneck. Which, I understand; my CPU is 3.0 dual. My friend has a 3.3GHz 6 core. I'm so out of date on RAM/CPU...my RAM is still DDR2@833MHz, 4GB. ;_;

6. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Going to be giving this a shot since I got in CBT5. Unfortunately, my friends are in a PvP server and I need to get to lvl38 in 1.5 days.

Any tips? Guides? Directions? @___@

7. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

It's easy to level, but there's no shortcuts really. Focus on epic quests, try to get into BAM parties once they start popping up. Should take about 15-20 hours for level 38.

8. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

15~20? np! Now the only thing I'm worried about is will I have enough bandwidth for both Tera and GW2 client downloadan.... Might have to dodge Tera, but I really just wanna try the Lancer class. ._.

9. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Last CBT is this weekend. If you preordered, early name reservation starts on the 13th! I know that is a major thing for me.

10. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I stopped playing the cbts after 2 because i was starting to get bored of it (:x) and i didn't want to cancel my collectors box preorder.

Tried all the classes though.

11. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Yeah I'm not playing it either, I don't really like CBTs, hate wasting effort only for it to get wiped. Still a fun game, though.

12. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

OBT has been up since Friday at 3PM EST; I've been online 50 of the past 58 hours, with 3 hours to sleep and 5 hours to attend a birthday party.

I THINK I'M IN LOVE. I explored the entire landscape that is navigable and a lot of it that "isn't", which I managed to get to via a few well placed jumps in a mountain range; I was effectively behind the map of the game and walked almost 3 countries exploring back there, which took about 4 hours just to walk through. EVEN THE PARTS YOU NEVER SEE ARE INCREDIBLY PRETTY. Here's a screenshot from the top of the second tallest mountain in the eastern region (western is not open yet). I would have screenshotted from the top of the tallest but the very top had some clipping issues and I kind of fell through the world a couple miles and landed in the nearest real landscape, LOL.
    Spoiler

and here's a screenshot of some huge castle ruins that you don't even get to see except when you go behind that mountain range.
    Spoiler

This is the game only running at AAx2, by the way.

I envision many thousands of hours dropped into this thing, 2-3P on 5P BAMs/instances is something I could do all day every day forever, it feels like a REAL GODDAMN FIGHT in a way nothing really has for me before this game, maybe aside from when I was 10 years old playing SNES.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Combat in this game seems incredibly "Bland" for some reason. For being an "Action MMORPG", there's not a whole lot of "Action" :(

14. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I like the new Prologue portion they added in. Makes it better for you to view what your class is going to be like once you have skills.

15. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Someone's never fought a world boss! Earlier today I found a WB version of the Kumas BAM, duo'd it with a friend; it was going about the same aside from a few new attacks, but when he went lightning mode his movespeed increased like 1000%, it was pineappleing crazy.

Maybe the game just isn't your style, but it certain is hilariously fun for me. :D

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

You know there's something wrong with the combat system when I press more buttons in WoW than I do in TERA at the same level

Hell, Vindictus's combat system is more fast-paced than TERAs...

17. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Let me take guess, did you play a close range melee class? Probably lancer? If so, then yes, I agree, they are boring as hell; the classes in this game are drastically different in terms of enjoyment. I thought I would enjoy both healers, but priest is utterly boring while mystic is like crack to play. Sorc is not fun at all for me while archer is very fun, even though they are basically doing the same thing.

18. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I've been practically playing nonstop since the beta opened up as well. I made it to 32 over the weekend, and farmed up a ton of quests for when the servers go live the 28th. Totes ecited for the game to launch. I haven't had this much fun since MapleStory back in '06.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I played Berserker, because it fit my style. I guess that can explain the "Slowness" of the combat, which is a bit weird considering I played Karok in Vindictus and his style is just like that of Berserker (Slow, but very powerful). I enjoyed the game overall, but the combat seems to be very hit or miss.