Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

not sure when flashy skills were considered a good thing..

I've been playing the CBT this weekend and TERA has done nothing but leave me in awe. The environments and cities are amazing. Gameplay is what I consider ideal, so is the equip system. World is ENORMOUS! Almost overwhelming even. I went into TERA skeptical but really hoping for something great, and it's impressed and surprised me on every level. If you have the specs for it, give it a shot!

TERA feels like a complete game. I pre-ordered it, and I don't think I've bought a game in the past year besides Skyrim that felt like it was truely worth the money. I've never played an MMO in closed beta (and I've played a LOT of them) that felt so polished and complete.

The main selling point for me however, was the publisher. En Masse is a team of gamers, making games. Theyre comprised of some of the top members from NC Soft, Blizzard, and SOE. They left their top paying companies more or less to create games for the players, not for the money. I've got a lot of faith in this MMO dream team. After being under Nexon for so long this is of great importance. Seen too many times what happens when a great game is run by a terrible company. TERA is a great game run by a great company. Couldn't ask for anything more.

2. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Always.

When your skills offer almost nothing to look at, and the combat is so slow, it grows boring. One of the things a player will do the most is enter combat, and if the combat isn't offering much then it kills a large part of the game. There's a problem when the thing you do most is boring to do.

3. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

There's a huge difference between flashy and clean. The combat in TERA starts off slow, however your combat speed is highly based on equipment and player skill. Skill animations become many times faster when used in proper chains.

Flashy makes me think of Dual bladers or Dark Impale. Clean makes me think more of every job pre DB. Flashy is over the top. In a game where the combat system is meant to be precise and smooth, the last thing I want is a huge skill animation that makes it difficult to tell what exactly is going on.

4. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

GW 2!!!!!!! :D I believe the GW2 beta is in March, I can't wait until GW2 although I am struggling to complete the HoM collection =[

5. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I really wish i had the PC to play this. It caught my eye, which is rare for a P2P to succeed in doing, and the number of my friends interested only seals the deal.

but it seems from reading around, my crappy little ATI Radeon HD 3200 cannot manage to work with it. :C

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Another small chat about Tera on Gamebreaker.tv
    This time they go about the lawsuit and pre-order stuff.
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/this-week-in-mmo-tera-fied/

2:00 -> 11:07

Mind you this was posted on February 2nd, so I'm way late on this...

7. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

The main thing I like about this game is the SIZE. A friend of mine tried to explore the entire world in the CBT time period, didn't sleep at all in the process from CBT up to CBT down. She only explored about 16% of the world. No fighting stuff, JUST running around the landscape. To me, that's what I've been looking for, a game that's so huge that even with hundreds of thousands of people playing at once you can still go for days without seeing anyone. My dream of a single player MMO has nearly been fulfilled! And it's not hard on the eyes, either; almost all of the areas are incredibly good looking, and none of it is copypaste+recolored.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

>>Eve Online

9. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Piloting a loli through the depths of space does not sound like a bad way to go.

10. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I really like the priest class in this game. Much more than a buff/heal bot you come to expect in mmos these days.

11. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

The first time I find the urge to invest in a 3D pay-to-play MMORPG

12. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

heavy armor provides lots of protection

13. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

A lot of the female heavy armors really ARE heavy plate mail, though. Still, there have to be a few of those, or it wouldn't be a 3D MMO.

14. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

Just played for about 30 hours straight. Priest is really fun but I think I'll try Mystic next CBT, I like those auras a lot, and summons are always awesome. Very pretty game, but my PC can barely run it in Velika. Outside of there, though, it's fine even at max.

I heard the KR client got a massive stability patch recently, so we should be getting that and that problem will be going away.

15. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...y-Handout.html

TERA NA beta key giveaway to anyone that's interested. Do note that the beta that the key is valid for is from the 23rd to the 25th of March. You can DL and install the game before then though.

16. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

I actually meant to post the beta key giveaway for the last one but forgot to, curse.com had one. I've already preordered so I'm in all of them, but I gave the link to 3-4 of my friends. All of which have since preordered it too, by the way. :D

17. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

high level lancer vid for rusty.

18. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

he doesn't move from his spot through the whole video lol

19. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

That's because he's awesome! Most people suck at it and the huge ass monster is trouncing all over the map, and in TERA "getting stepped on" IS a common form of death with the big mobs. Though, that one doesn't seem to have feet, so I guess it doesn't apply there...but like, for all the large nonconstruct mobs, yeah. The highest level BAMs in our version last time were the spiders, and they jump all over the freaking map, and getting landed on=flattened=8K+ damage, which is a pretty big helping of dead for almost anyone at their level or below.

20. Default Re: TERA full release date announced

As someone else said, with Guild Wars 2 coming soon, I'm not sure if I'd be able to add another MMO to my list. I was excited for TERA, but with Guild Wars 2 getting into Beta/Release stages...yeah seeya later TERA.