Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

No matter how hard you make the prequests, people are going to do it as often as possible. And then they'll complain about it.

I've gone on back-to-back PB runs and daily PB runs. At least you can buy those items in FM and stock up. HT prequest on the other hand.... much much more annoying with Mannon constantly killed by KoC.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

Game design is more than just making your players hit their heads on a wall for a few hours.

PB and horntail have the WORST pre-quest models in the entire game and people still do it, it's just stupid as f'uck. Krexel, empress on the other hand are basically walk in as much as you want. Pre-quests aren't bad, forced repeat pre-quests are bad, and akarium shouldn't be any different.

3. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

Of course they do they wanna fight. Zakums the same so long as you have an eye and I'm pretty sure Akyurem will be the same. My view of bossing is this:Do a long good quest that makes you work for something, have free access so long as you have a certain item i.e The Magic Scroll, Eye of Fire, etc

4. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

UMcoolgirl...

what is this i don't even- LOL

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No clue what the magic scroll is, but what you just described is krexel. As long as you have the hammer/lantern, you can waltz in and fight him whenever you damn please. Zakum is different because while you can go in if you have an item, that item is consumed, so it's better than say HT, where the item (transformation) is sometimes really hard to get, but it's still bad because you have to do the whole quest line to get another 5. Most of the terribleness of it all stems from the fact that entry is a b'itch right now though, so being instanced should make the entire experience painless.

6. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

The one for Von Leon.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Oh. Von leon pre-quest difficulty is on par with empress in my eyes. It would be better if the quest wasn't once a day, though.

8. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

The one where you have to kill vultures is pretty bad. Killing the Golems isnt that bad though. just...Those vultures mang.

Empress isnt too bad, Just do some quests. Kill some sprites, create a key!

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

vultures are one-time-only, so it doesn't really matter much.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But you only have to do it once. And unless you're VLing as a mule or a looter, killing 33 vultures REALLY isn't hard.

11. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

It is when your main attack is Hurricane and you can BARELY hit them. 1 hour at vultures. Freakin unbelieveable.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

So use strafe and understand when the iframes kick in.

13. Default Re: JMS v208 - Ultimate Adventurer?

There's actually a WAY better way to do it.

Lure them to a wall, get near them... And tank hits.

The catch? They have no iframes while attacking... Better with high avoid. Being a NL helps, yeah :p