Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default iPhones built by kids for 70 cents/H

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-child-labor-2012-1
    The first part is obviously sarcastic. But either way, nothing funny at this. Hopefully Apple will be well punished for this.

This does explain why Apple products break up so easily. Done underprice, sold overprice. iCrap4S

2. Default

"Normal-sized americans would not fit in them" (the beds)

Subtle hint that americans are fatasses.

3. Default

Foxconn sure has been getting a lot of spotlight in the past couple weeks. First there was the article last week about the employees threatening mass suicide, now this.

Since it's China, there's nothing we can do to stop it, either. The worst that will happen is the US companies will switch to another, equally horrible Chinese supplier.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

1) How many apple products have you had/broken to be able to say that?
    2) That has nothing to do with durability and everything to do with how the owner handles it.

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    finland

1) I don't buy iCrap in the first place. I'm basing my claim on seeing 3 persons with broken iPhones in my school, including my friend.
    2) Yes, yes it does. When people work 70cents/H they don't have the motivation to focus on what they are doing. Nor do they always have the proper education for it.

6. Default

You've seen 3 out of millions of iPhones and you're obviously biased against it.
    LMAO.
    I don't like apple products either but you have nothing valid to base the claim on.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

LMAO. I haven't seen million iPhones. iPhones obviously aren't as popular here as Finnish phones (Nokia), plenty of people have Samsungs/HTC too. That was just in my school. I know about plenty of iPods breaking up as well.

I'm not biased. I'm saying that I've PERSONALLY witnessed more broken iPhones COMPARED to other phones(all of them "worked" but the screen was in pieces).

8. Default

And neither is the US? You have never been to the US and you think almost everyone has an iPhone? You have very much to learn little boy.

9. Default

I've had my Phone for over a year and it hasn't broken. It's still in perfect condition. This is mostly a matter of care that the individual has rather than the product itself. I've dropped it a few times and it has never broken. You seem to have a large sense of ignorance.

10. Default

I hope you understand that most people against apple products are more pissed off the fact they are incompatible with everything else. Quality wise it typically beats microsoft, not even regarding the Ipod's which obviously dominate the market.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

1) Then you have 0 credibility. I've owned an iphone since 1st gen and know at least 4 people that have had iphones since at least 2nd gen. None of them got new phones due to breakage, nor were the new phones non-iphones.
    2) Have you ever been to china? The fact that the worker can be replaced for the littlest detail would be pretty motivating when they're probably the bread winner for the family. You're seriously trying to use the workers as an argument for why iphones MIGHT be fragile instead of just f'ucking admitting that it's lifespan has literally everything to do with the OWNER OF THE PHONE?

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Since when did Microsoft start building their own devices?

13. Default

Where did I state they built them? A microsoft product is inferior to an Apple product. The ordeal PC users have is that if a MAC breaks down you have to completely replace it, and it doesn't cross to any non-apple products naturally. They also have no insurance to virus' but I will concede that my aunt's MAC laptop is built with better quality than most distributors.*

You're so arrogant.

14. Default

Xbox, Xbox 360, Zune, Keyboards, Mice, Pocket PC, etc.

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Fine. phones*

16. Default

I actually heard this on NPR the other day. There is no reason for massive "Apple hatred" to pollute this thread. Everything else in the world is manufactured, mainly by hand, in China. Until that country undergoes a massive revolution of sorts, things will continue as they are now.

17. Default

I've owned two iPhones, iPhone 2G(first generation), iPhone 4. First one got ran over by buses and cars because I dropped it in the middle of the road while chasing after a bus (long story). But only thing that was wrong with it afterwards was dents on the aluminum backing, otherwise it worked fine (until I lost it in China). Broken screens are a more common problem because of two things; 1, everyone has one, 2, it's glass. When you see one with a broken screen, it's actually just the digitizer, the LCD behind it is actually fine.

Like many people have said, if you own any pomegranate that has "made in china" on them, chances are they're made in the same or worse conditions than where the iPhones are assembled. I think Apple's at least trying to give a pineapple about it and provides reports and pressures their manufactures to provide better wages/working environment. They could easily choose not to do any of it and be like all the rest. Also getting paid ~$300USD per month is aprox $2000 in China, that's not a bad wage at all (also consider food and residence is provided). Sure Apple can't control everything, it isn't really their responsibility to micromanage their manufacturers for child labor, but at least they're doing something. Also consider a lot of people there actually WANT/NEED to work that many hours, since they have family, kids who depend on them to send money to them every month.

18. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Everyone and their mother has an iPhone here, a 4S is like 199.99 with Verizon, just saw in Best buy today