Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

So THAT is why it sounded familiar...

2. Electron Male
    IGN: Wynmacher
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: SoulMovement
    Alliance: Connected
    Florida

Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

I'm thinking most likely if there is gonna be a third Archer explorer class its gonna use Compound Bows with Metal Arrows and some kind of Defense Piercing/Ignoring gimmick making it stupidly OP. /twocents

3. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

Now that's a thought...

Same weapons, different ammo.

Maybe they'll use BM's bows that shoot a totally random, not at all arbitrary, type of ammunition.

Reuses existing resources while being "different" with a new gimmick. It's cheap and it works. ;p It'll make DS proud.

4. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

For my thoughts, Nexon would either follow their predicted pattern, or create a class that is largely based off of something else.

3rd Branch adventurer bowman - If you think about it, aside from different weapon mastery, a few distinct attacking skills and animations, both MMs and BMs are pretty much the same.
    They share a lot of the same skills and buffs. And some skills are essentially the same, but has different animations. It won't take them too much work for them to just clone copy one of bowman classes, edit/add a few things, and give it some elemental theme (holy, DoT/poison or lightning-based if following the pokemon trend), then call it original.

If they don't take that route, they'll probably create a class that is largely based off of other ideas. To me in this case, a bowman that excels at close-mid range attacks and uses a new weapon type (something Bow in the weapon-type name).
    Mercedes seems to be partially or more based off of the Acrobat/Sharpshooter class from Dragon Nest. So that led me to think they'll create something else based off of that. They'll probably be trying to do something to make the class unique or whatever. This is still speculation though.

Resistance Thief - I'm betting they'll use claws that doesn't use/consume throwing stars and a sub-equip that can be potentialed. Their playstyle might differ a little bit and be a bit overpowered, but who knows how at this point.

5. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

Oops

6. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

They should just give the 3rd archer a sniper rifle and a machete and make it TF2 sniper, voice and everything.

8D

7. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

Before reading this thread the only thoughts i had on a 3rd archer Is a spirt bow. Weapon being some kind bracelet or even a ring.
    Lets make this OP LOL

Spoiler

Wow that was a long post i kinda got carried away haha..

8. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

I know you can't really put logic and MapleStory in the same sentence, but i think it would be very likely that Nexon would make the 3rd branch Archer even more OPed than a Mercedes just so it can attract some people to playing it. Or at least give it a link skill like every other new class coming out so far. Also, considering they have already introduced the Archer Hero first before the 3rd branch one, I'd say we can either fear or expect the aftermath of revamps of the bowman class later on... Still all speculation but who knows.

9. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

tbh, the weapon can be kind of out there. For all Nexon cares, the + Archer could wield a teddy bear with some cheesecake as a side. Phantom uses a cane and a deck of magic cards. I wouldn't exactly call that "thief." (Phantom's thiefiness comes mostly from his skill-stealing, imo). I like the boomerang idea best though :3

10. Default Re: Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

I made a class on another forum, while the server was down. It's related:

Support archer