Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

They could get complicated and advanced with Cygnus. Keep Cygnus, as they are for beginners, you need not do anything with them once you hit 120, except make your UA. Now you train your UA, you stick with it, you're becoming more advanced at the game, you end up hitting 200 on your UA specificly. This would then allow your old Cygnus, Ascension... into whatever they want to call it. A more powerful, advanced force.

My ideas get pretty complicated on that part, they could do a 4th job for them loosely based on what you chose to have as a UA, like a "Hey, you used your Cygnus life's experience to be an Ultimate Adventurer, thus retaining a few select abilities, now you do the same while returning to your life as a Cygnus." sort of deal. Since it's only based on adventurers, each type of Cygnus would have 5 slightly varied 4th jobs available to them.

Idk, I agree that Cygnus is what it's meant to be, but seeing as how everyone usually makes one specifically for it's boost, doing more with Cygnus, would give them more use and purpose, versus just leaving them all as buff mules.

Btw, I do really like that Heavy Bow idea for Archers, though I'd prefer a boomerang weapon, personally. Also, instead of everyone trying to stick with the "woodsy" type archer, why not a modern cityscape style archer. Combine a mini-crossbow with the Acrobat classes from other games, so... mini-crossbow on one hand, a blade type weapon on the other. Yeah, I just combined like a lot of different ideas as I went there... and didn't finish any ONE idea... lol

2. Default

An army by the same name fought the Black Mage. No one among them now was alive back when that happened.
    There's no reason that expanding on their history requires Nexon to expand on their usability or even alter the Knights at all. See: LHC and Phantom.

Not sure why you'd even mention Dual Bladers, but, for someone who cares about the story, you seem rather ignorant as to the relevance of the Resistance seeing as they're directly fighting the Black Wings.

Future Ereve was all a dream irrelevant to Cygnus Knights as a class.
    The moral of it, combined with Ultimate Adventurers, was that Cygnus should not put all her hope in the knights and pridefully seek out more power. Instead, she's better off assisting the others who fight.
    Aswan adds even more emphasis on this.

People reaching 4th Job on the first day of a class' release does nothing to degrade the fact that Cygnus Knights are easy mode.
    No one who accomplished that goal was a new player.
    What's more, all of the new classes you mentioned were aided by 1.5 experience.

Exactly.
    I'd say similar things to anyone with hopes that the level cap of 200 has any current hope of being removed.

1 - I don't understand what you believe is "solid". There's absolutely no reason the Thief Resistance couldn't use a new weapon.

2 - Your point? That doesn't change the fact that they share Daggers. Demon Slayers use Force Shields, which are technically a weapon, so which way is it?

3. Default

As cygnus is descendant of Aria, the knights by her side must be descendant of those that protected the previous empresses. The knights of ereve have always been the protectors of mapleworld, they just took the name of cygnus as their own the moment they started recruiting people to fight the black mage again. I know the resistance fights the black wings in their town to drive them out, but my point by mentioning them was the cygnus knights have been on it since the first battle, for which they should be more important.

I accept the new jobs have been aided by 2exp events and 1.5 buffs, but that doesn't change that they are so strong that training one is really easy. Actually, with all the upgrades to jobs since chaos, all jobs are easy to level up. That's the main reason why Cygnus knights have been forsaken, why taking an easy job that's actually harder than the majority of the other current jobs, with cloned skills and is limited by an early cap? It doesn't take a new to maple player to reach high lvls fast, just an experienced in MMO's one.

4. Default

That's absolute bunk.
    Armies tend to operate via recruiting, not hereditary requirement.

Again,
    "There's no reason that expanding on their history requires Nexon to expand on their usability or even alter the Knights at all. See: LHC and Phantom."

The entire point of the stories I've mentioned earlier is that the time of relying on the Cygnus Knights is in the past. Dead. Gone. Over.

They were important. They no longer serve the same level of importance.
    Hell, despite Cygnus being called the Queen of the Maple World, there have been absolutely no signs that the title wields any universal power.
    If anything, it's contradicted by the fact that several other monarchs exists within Cygnus' implied realm.

New players are unlikely to have the knowledge base nor the motivation to bother rushing to 4th Job in one day.
    Despite strides towards in-game guides, Maplestory is still very much reliant on knowing where to look for the information one needs.

Yes, all jobs are easy to level up.
    Cygnus are even easier to level up than most jobs.
    Clearly, the concept of a relative scale is lost on you. It's very frustrating and disappointing to see that so many people's understanding of things is limited to a black and white view.

Cygnus Knights have not been forsaken. They've been updated several times.
    The benefits from getting one to 120 have been increased multiple times. To say otherwise is to be telling blatant lies.

Cygnus Knights have cloned skills for a reason.
    They also get most of these skills earlier than their counterparts.
    Again, easy mode.

I'll never understand how anyone could not see the idiocy inherent with requesting that the 120 cap be removed and these classes be given a 4th Job. It would essentially render Heroes, Assassins, Buccaneers, F/P Mages, and Bowmasters entirely moot.

5. Default

How about a magical bowman? Their attacks feed off the weapon attack stat for power, but since they use magic arrows, it hits the enemies' magic defense instead of weapon defense.

6. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Wait, didn't everyone in Ereve got wiped out along with Aria in that dramatic battle? If I recall, they mention it on DS storyline, and also Phantom. Wasn't that the only ones left were the 5 heroes?

7. Default

Returning to the topic at hand, the only options for a 3rd archer class I can think of are:
    - Using those destroyer things like in the Aswan Quest.
    - Using darts and perhaps a slingshot or blowgun. Suggests Poison based class.

8. Default

No, Phantom wasn't a hero until Aria was killed.

9. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

...That's what I mean? Black Mage and his commanders Attack Ereve. All but Shinso survives. Phantom Joins the heroes. After time of battle, only the 5 heroes remain. No one else was left to stand a chance against the Black Mage and his commanders.

10. Default

I was under the impression that Aria got killed during peace talks with the Black Mage's army (likely a ploy for that reason), and then Phantom joined the other Heroes. The Black Mage's forces must have been rebuffed after the conference, because when Evan and Phantom are talking it looks pretty damn peaceful.
    The final showdown takes place in Leafre, after Matsuma gives the letter from the Demon Slayer to the Heroes, who are on their way to take down the black mage while Athena Pierce and everyone escapes to where Ellin, one of Mercedes' friends/subjects/acquaintances, lives.

11. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

I think it was during those peace talks that they eliminated the only resistance Maple World had at the moment in Ereve. I wonder if other commanders besides Lotus and Orchid were there. When Freed and Phantom talk it should have been peaceful, not like all the Maple World was in a fight and no one could hide.

Also, the battle against the Black Mage as a party quest would be a hell of a battle, since Arkairum, Von Leon, and the Black Mage himself were confirmed to be there. I wonder if other commanders were there too.

12. Default

You know, I change my idea. Instead of archer hunter/tamer/mutant/beast transformation, they should have bladed bows with magic arrows from mercedes. What I'm referring to is essentially Pit's (of Kid Icarus fame) main weapon. Melee/ranged combination.

13. Default

No, Akyrum was... incapacitated by the Heroes on the way there AFAIK, when Matsuma gave them the Demon Slayer's letter. I do think most of them were sealed away then as well, or were sealed away beforehand by the Heroes.
    I don't think Su was at the meeting, I feel like it probably was probably just Hilla. Hilla also probably killed Aria, placing her as Phantom's main nemesis. I feel like all the Heroes have a nemesis general. One who really wronged them.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This is what I want. I don't care if it's a lightning type or anything, I just want something new that doesn't use hurricane.

Also way too much discussion on cygnus imo. So many of you are looking into them way too much. It's a beginner class that is a way to test adventurers, passing on a skill and 24 attack passive buff to them in the process. They are not going to get an increased level cap, get over it

15. Default

There is as much of a reason to expand their usability as there's ever been to create many updates we've got. I am not saying it is necessary, I am saying it would be great if it happened and I hope does.

Even if new players need some time to get used and learn about the game, doing so is as easy on a CK as it is on a regular job. The extra SP and even strong skills don't make a CK much easier than the other jobs, not when most of them can 1HKO every mob up to very high lvls (which a CK can't reach). Also the CK job doesn't have anything special that explains the structure of the game over any other job, besides probably its main storyline (which is very well explained by other jobs aswell, IE: Aran).

Although there are many benefits from getting one to 120, the only ones considered usefull still are the Empress bless skill and the ability to rebirth as an adventurer, which allows the new char to be secondary stat-less, gives it a strong skill and equipment set which puts it above regulars characters in the same lvl range. However, the clothes wont be used forever and even the skills can become worthless soon enough (Isn't Vampiric touch the only skill usefull past 4th job?)

You greatly consider CK's current role in the game as "good enough" and think should remain as it is, but it definitely is not the most popular opinion around. I believe they currently have no purpose and should get a boost which might be evidenced by the fact that very few play a CK anymore.

16. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

The fight against Arkairum was literally seconds before they face off the Black Mage. I thought he escaped, not sealed. Also, wasn't Lotus and Orchid? I remember someone saying that it was Lotus, and Phantom left her in that state and Lotus being the main antagonist of Phantom. And I think Evan would be the only one without a Commander enemy, since his main villain is Hiver.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

The "Chakram" theory / idea is still up in the air since "Phantom" didn't use them.
    That could be the weapon of choice for the 3rd Archer.

18. Default

1- Just saying that it'd make sense. 2/5 for legends didn't hold much until the third and fourth, but if there's only one left... Plus, it fits. They are the "underdogs" anyway. They fight with what they can. "Second hand weapons" make sense.

2- Shields that cannot be unequipped, scrolled, or traded. It's like saying Evan's dragon is an equipment that cannot be seen. Sure, it's there, but you couldn't do a thing about it. Why it's like that is to milk people with its potential, but it's actually there to control the demon thing without the use of a skill.

These are facts, beacuse I'm just saying what exists already. I just said that UNTIL NOW, these things happened. Just like the thread starter said. Hell, it's not 100% sure we'll be getting an adventurer archer, though, it's also speculation, even if just too obvious.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

>120 Force Shield

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia