1. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default Getting Ahead of Myself: Thoughts on the Third Archer Explorer & Thief Resistance

Okay, so I know GMS just finished getting the "Legend" classes and KMS just released Phantom...but I've been thinking about this ever since I made my Mercedes a few weeks ago...

Given the pattern it would make sense, and I just want to get other peoples' opinion on the possibility, but what do you think of the creation of a 3rd archer explorer class as well as a thief resistance class?

If you think about it...

Currently, all the explorers have 3 options to choose from (Warriors: Dark Knights, Paladins, Heroes - Magicians: Bishops, I/L Arch Mages, F/P Arch Mages - Thieves: Shadowers, Night Lords, Dual Bladers - Pirates: Buccaneers, Corsairs, Cannoneers)...with that, it's only logical that they create a 3rd archer explorer class, similar to how they created DBs and Cannoneers.

On the resistance side, it just makes the most sense that each subsection of classes has 5 options of the main classes (Warrior, Magician, Archer, Thief, Pirate)...with this in mind, 4 of the 5 are already released (Warrior: Demon Slayer, Magician: Battlemage, Archer: Wild Hunter, Pirate: Mechanic) so, like with the 3rd archer explorer, it only makes sense that they should be planning to create a thief resistance class.

Anyone have any ideas on what they think they'll be called? What weapons they'll use? What their gameplay will be? Or what would you like to see out of these 2 classes?

Keep in mind, I'm aware the Pirate hero class hasn't been released yet, but I didn't post that here because we already know for sure we are getting that class, it's not so much a question of if, but more so a question of when. As far as these 2 classes go, I haven't seen any rumors on any blogs about this yet, so I wanted to throw it out to the community and see what everyone thought :)

Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed in another thread

2. Default

My one issue with the "Archer Explorer" is..what kind of weapons would they use?

The only thing that comes to mind is some kind of bard-type class, but even that's a bit of a stretch...

3. Default

Hum. A 3rd Archer Adventurer would be kinda hard to come up with something unique, Since Bows/Xbows are pretty much "Archer" Material. I suppose a "Spirit" Bow or something convoluted like that would be the best nexon could come up with, Elemental n stuff.

Thief Resistance.....I honestly have no idea what would suffice. So far we have:

Claws/Stars (Typical for a Ninja/Thief)
    Daggers (Again, Assassin type/thief)
    Dual Blades( Gettin a little redundant)
    Canes (What.)

I suppose.......Half Human/Half Machine? (Grasping at staws here srsly.)

I dunno, Those are just some random ideas I came up with. I dont expect nexon do pull anything nearly like those.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This has been discussed before i believe. If pattern follows, next big patch is 3rd archer, pirate hero, thief resistance, which fully completes the job tree nexon has laid out since like 4 years ago.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

For the side-explorers, they have some sort of unique weapon.
    It's best to say that archers would have some sort of new sort introduced...

Slingshot?

Maybe for the pirate legend... they can do a skill explanation on the transformation?

6. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

That's what I was thinking as well...I'm wondering if they will plan to release this around the holiday season 2012 or if it'll be sooner and be over the summer...question is, if that's the case, will they start working on the actual revival of the Black Mage after that since the entire tree will be complete at that point? I know there are still a few generals that need to be released, but I'm thinking they might do that over the course of 2012.

@Nion...that'd be interesting, although it reminds me of Dennis the Menace lmao...I was thinking dual fans to go along with the wind type attribute archers seem to show (swiftness, speed and all that jazz).

7. Default

I've always thought of the 3rd explorer archer using a miniature ballistae or even a hwacha, but then Cannoneers came up and they'd be too similar to that, (usually grounded weapons being miniaturized and slung over the shoulder).

8. Default

They'll likely introduce a new class subset (Adventurer, Cygnus, Resistance, Legend, +) to keep the game going as opposed to another new job type since the development for an entire item set for a new job would be a very long process compared to just a new weapon set, if any. As for a third Archer class, there's a very limited subset of weapons available to archery, so they'll likely introduce a more melee oriented class like Dragon Nests' Acrobats, or the possible use of a single hand bow gun, or a larger scale weapon, (magical) ballista. Alternatively, they could brand some sort of animal-based character an archer.

What I'm hoping for in terms of new game-play from new jobs is ones that consistently use early job skills in later jobs, passively/actively buffed from new skills to make them more useful. i.e. let's say the Pirate Job starts off with Skill A. I would like Skill A to be useful in 4th job in some capacity, to either skipActionFrames, or fill spam delays, with a significant boost in its damage similar to Demon Slash, but not as dependent to DPS.

9. Default

Since archers tend to be stereotypically attached to the forest, I would think that they would have some sort of animal companion/transformation. Kind of like animal stances for Udyr of league of legends. Then they can equip some sort of spirit weapon

Pirate hero I really want to be bare handed. That bare handed formula pre-BB was pretty cool to have :P

Thief resistance needs to be a ninja of some sort because the resistance needs a counter spy. Maybe a double agent in the black wings? :O

10. Default

Best new "archer" weapons I can think of are boomerangs, music (Ragnarok did it >_>), some kind of siege weapon (ballistae, catapults, etc), or maybe even thrown javelins.

11. Default

I like the boomerang idea. You could use it as both a ranged weapon by throwing it, or a melee weapon since it would probally be a bladed boomerang.

12. Default

I honestly have no idea what in the world they could possibly make for a third Adventurer Archer that would be new and interesting.
    It is literally the only job classification that's limited in imagination by the definition of its name.
    An archer is one who uses a bow.
    Personally, I find myself hoping that they don't even make one, especially since I see it doomed to either have a Hurricane skill or suck.

Thief-wise, I honestly have too many ideas that Nexon might come up with.
    Thief is a rather loose job that's only defined by having skills that involve stealing and having high avoid.
    The only job type with less strict rules would be Pirates (seriously still don't understand how exactly a Mechanic is a pirate).
    Being a Resistance, it'll obviously be dark-themed. Considering that Thieves are already the de facto "dark" class, I'm expecting even more menacing skills than Demon Slayer gave us.
    A kusarigama wouldn't be a bad idea for a weapon.

Legend definitely proved they have no problem releasing three entirely different classes as one big event, but that hardly constitutes a pattern.

I didn't see a new job type being suggested, but I wholeheartedly agree with your conclusion.
    All one has to do is take a look at the one time they did do it: pirates.

While actually a good thing for usability, they seemed to have half-assed equip creation by making only overalls (as opposed to tops and bottoms) and making them all gender-neutral.

Personally, once all the impending classes are wrapped up, I'd prefer if they looked into revamping the equipment system. It'd be nice, for example, if every set were actually a set.

I'm actually a big fan of this concept as well. It kinda bugs me when I job advance and every active skill I was using before gets replaced.

Part of the reason I like Mercedes so much is the fact that they're better than most at keeping old skills relevant.
    Rising Rush gets buffed both in third and fourth job since you still need it to chain to new skills.
    Leaf Tornado gets buffed in fourth job and finds itself chain-able after Rolling Moonsault.

13. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I'm still in love with Miek's weapon choice.

Sadly Cannoneer seems to fit most of what he thought up for it.

14. Default

My idea of the third archer was a lightning based one (like Thunder Breakers) that has a longbow. Their main specialty is a skill where they jump into the air and shoot three powerful sets of arrows (1 in first job, 2 in second job, 3 in third job, and 4 in fouth job). It would be like their attack key (where it says "Ctrl" it will display the image, and to open things they just need to go down).

As for a Thief Resistance, a shadowy based one that uses a claw and a katara. Just spitballing here.

15. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

DO WANT...I would actually make a thief class if they incorporated this type of weapon into the game

16. Default

I want a Black Wings class! That'd be neat to see.

17. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

I was thinking of longbows too, always wanted to have one job using that in game.

Was thinking about pirate legend to have hook as his main weapon too, hook for one hand and bare handed for another, so his attack can work like the old DB, higher for hook while lower for bare hand?

Or he can have a one handed gun and a hook in his shield slot.

Bah...watched too many pirate cartoons 16 years ago.

18. Default

I think a Saboteur Thief-resistance makes sense. The other classes with their giant, obtrusive robots, demon wings and wild animals don't make any sort of sense for a shadowy underground resistance so a fast, nimble class that revolves around buffs and debuffs and status effects makes sense.

They could use lockpicks as weapons.

Example skills:
    - Grappling Hook: Quickly pulls you up to the ledge above you.
    - Radio Scrambler: All mobs that are aggro'd are de-aggro'd and remain in this state for 15 seconds.
    - Take Down: Assasinates a monster. This class' version of Snipe/Headshot.
    - Stun Grenade: Sets off a flash of light that stuns and damages a large amount of monsters.
    - Glue Trap: Slows all monsters in a specific section of the map will decreasing their attack and defense.
    - Fleet-footed: Take no damage when walking past monsters with status effects and inflict damage on them equal to 300% the damage they would've inflicted on you.

19. Default

Problem is the giant obtrusive robots and wild animals ARE normal in Edelstein, they're a mining town and the Jaguars are native to the area.
    But I agree with the shadowy saboteur class being needed for the Resistance.

Also thinking that the Archer special adventurer will be something like a ballista user.

20. Default

OK. So let's get some other facts to consider.

1- All resistance members use a weapon from their counterparts. Never a distinct one.
    2- All adventurers have a different weapon for each branch, except magicians sharing it between ALL magic based classes (Ok, only wands out for battle mages). Swords are the only jackpot between heroes and paladins.