1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Critical Rate

items only give/take decent skills when equipped and unequipped, the actual skill isn't potential, but the ability to give the skill is.

so when you go into pvp, that disables potential, the potential of "remove skill when unequipped" gets disabled.

>my guess.

2. Default Re: Critical Rate

Doesn't seem worth it to try really hard to get more than about 80% base critical rate for your phantom. Considering that you can still get full benefit from fortune card, and 80% crit already gets you a 96% Noir Carte activation rate on Ultimate Drive, it seems better to focus on other things than to invest in severely diminishing returns on critical chance.

[edit]revised to reflect correct fortune card buff[/edit]

3. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

Relying on fortune card will decrease your damage greatly, as it is a 1/5 shot of getting it.

4. Default Re: Critical Rate

I'm not saying to "rely on fortune card," I'm saying diminishing returns mean that you're better off spending that money/potential lines/stolen skill on increasing your damage range rather than your critical chance, as the vast majority of phantom's extra damage on critical comes from Noir Carte, which activates at a rate of (1 - (1 - critchance)^#hits), meaning that higher crit rate really only helps you on rapid fire and card tempest, which cap relatively easily (especially if you had boss damage rather than critical rate on those potential lines).

5. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

usa

Ok, as I was saying.. max crit, because hurr/rapid fire cap easily.
    This meaning you should be focusing on FA crit rate more.

From what I've seen rapid/hurr cap around 70-80k range with 100%+boss, which many of us are exceeded with ease.

6. Default Re: Critical Rate

Since when?

7. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

usa

Note that I was talking about phantoms.
    ACA/Combo attack included, so maybe around 100-110k range without.
    Just by going through some ss's in the thief flaunting section/leafre.

Here you go @locked.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=15&page=49

8. Default Re: Critical Rate

I'd like the know how much the damage increase would be if I pushed myself to get 100% critical versus 95%. Is the increase that significant?