Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

This would probably be easier to test on a different job.

2. Default

Just from the range of numbers recorded. Seems to fit very well or marksmanship just doesn't work at all lol.

3. Default

Give me an equation that fits it.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i already did on my DrK, can't do it on an easier job.

5. Default

I'm just saying, none of the hits went above 365k it seems one of two things.. something reduces boss damage or maybe ignore defence is still broken as hell? I dunno just a purely visual view.

6. Default

The result was that it stacked correct?

7. Default

From what it looks like, there was also the 20k variance as well..

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...l=1#post900859
    yes, it stacked

what you mean with this?

9. Default

I don't wanna say you're unlucky but don't you think you should've hit closer to your calculated damage?

10. Won't Be Coming Back Male

What?
    All the values he got were within the predicted range.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i hit straight in the middle of the expected range, i'd be surprised if all my hits were closer to one of the 2 caps.

12. Default

I'm just saying is all.. there's this discrepancy around 20k.. that's all I'm saying. Don't know if I should just accept that it's working "properly" or not, just feels like somethings missing here.

Yeah but.. nothing at the highest end or the lowest end you know?

13. Default

Seriously?

14. Default

I'm just looking for the highest and lowest for accuracy's sake. His hits are so in the middle it hurts.. I'd just like to see some extremes :/ Is that too much to ask for..?

15. Won't Be Coming Back Male

I think he's trying to say that the values that shinku observed could be the maximum values for, say 50% boss damage(random example), instead of the median values for 70% damage.
    A value close to the maximum projected range would confirm that it's actually 70%.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i'll put it in simple terms, if my range is 90~100, with no PDR involved, that means that all my hits will be any number between 90 and 100.
    if i add 80% boss damage, my damage would become 90(*1.8)~100(*1.8) 162~180, as long as i hit numbers between those two, it means that 1.8 boss damage is working as intended.

if i instead started hitting numbers like 136, 138, 137, then that doesn't fall in the expected results of 80% boss damage, which would imply something isn't working right. and we would have to calculate how much boss damage is actually working (in this example, it would be probably only 40% boss)

my tests indicate that all my hits fell in the range for 80% boss damage, therefore 80% boss damage is working properly.

as for why i hit between the 2 numbers, that's probability, probability dictates that i'll hit closer to the center of the results, than the corners.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution
    just look at the charts there for example. i think it's called a bell's curve?

edit:
    at above, i had 80%, if i grabbed my maximum range and added 70% boss,(247848) it would be a maximum possible damage of 421341 damage, most of my hits were above this number. meaning i had at least over 70% boss damage.

17. Default

Yes, just a little more depth you know?

And fair enough ShinkuDragon. I'll accept its working as intended for you, I've just got my doubts on my end.

18. Default

Well for your sake.
    (All his values were non criticals, afaik)
    Range:
    20654~22450
    Regular Damage:
    228020~247848

40% boss.
    319228~346987, no critical

50% boss.
    342030~371772, no critical

70% boss.
    387634~421341, no critical

80% boss.
    410436~446126, no critical

Do any of these apply other than the 80%?

Last edited by Locked; 2012-01-15 at 08:26 PM. Reason: too lazy to do criticals.