Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

That was the first site, the second was made by a member/hacker/idk what to describe him as of the first site.

2. Default

I recall a member on SP applied there but they told him he was over qualified, but if I remember right they are offering entry level pay for these jobs even though majority require mutliple years of experience and a B/A

3. Default

Exactly. Big corporation trying to squash the little guy's freedom of speech.

4. Default

Those are the biggest MS hacking sites? Never heard of them. They aren't the ones that come up whenever I google something MS related.

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Brandonaught
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Chrono
    Farm: Sheep GYM
    California

usually meso selling sites come up when i type something MS related....

6. Default

that one maple hacking site who's name I am too stupid to know not to try to say because clearly I'm too dumb to read the rules on sharing hacking related links(lol at the censor) was the old baby site, riu kazaki isn't that big, but hes the one that release the public PE, his PE is the only one available to the public since big bang patch, so there's a lot of things to blame on him

7. Default

You should probably read what they are sueing for, it's completely justified and by no means "silencing the little guy"

8. Default

Nexon do not even have to win. A few years worth of processing will destory the poor fools on the other end. I can't imagine they would have close to the fundings needed to dance with a major corporation.

9. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Freedom of speech? That guy is doing something which can harm the company's earning in many ways, by hacking/creating hacks of multiple/one of the company products. Nexon has all reasons in the world to sue the website. It's not squashing someone's rights, Nexon has the right to do that, don't even drag SOPA in this case, which is not related in here.

Oh and this little guy who want freedom of speech, just deleted someone's thread in his forum and banned him for posting this article in the forum.

10. Default

Really hope that Nexon is also suing ____killer along with the baby site. Maple hacks aren't the only thing they distribute, and it would really help many other games if these sites were taken down and the owners/admins of said sites were IP banned.

11. Default

These type of cases will take a while before anything happens, we're talking months, maybe years. But it's safe to assume the court will side with Nexon. Though if things start to get heavy you might see that website shut down in a few months.

I guess that explains the domain name change recently.

Who knows what else Nexon gets out of this if/when they win this case. Besides money, they're probably looking for source code/scripts.

12. Default

'

SOPA is absolutely related because it's these exact situations within the grey area. However, what should be focused on is the later portion not related to copyright, but the litteral abuse and damage they deal to the game, which can't be justified under freedom of speech, rather vandalism.

13. Default

GK is been dead for a long time, they leech all hacks from other sites.

IP ban won't help, riu stated many times nexon IP/mac banned him, and he still make hacks for maple.

14. Default

IP/mac banned wouldn't help much since he could just proxy.

15. Default

Wat.

So its NOT in a company's best interest to try to avoid having their product exploited for profit while simultaniously ruining said product for the other customers who do not have access to these illigitemate enhancements?

16. Default

Lol'd.

Really impressed with Nexon here. How exactly is that one maple hacking site who's name I am too stupid to know not to try to say because clearly I'm too dumb to read the rules on sharing hacking related links going to defend themselves? :o

17. Default

It is in their best interest but this is not the way to do it. No laws have been broken. If I wrote a software that improved the speed of Windows by 1000% and made a lot of money from it, should Microsoft be able to sue me? Nexon should not be able to dictate what software people run on their computer in conjunction with their software except by refusing service (banning). Just like Microsoft cannot tell me what software I choose to run on Windows. To do so WOULD be anticompetitive.

18. Default

Yes, Actually Microsoft WOULD be able to sue you, Because you modified their code without their permission, and profited from it. THATS WHAT A COPYRIGHT IS. A copyright is in place to prevent other people from stealing the ideas, products, and usage of whatever is being copyright. Whats going on here is not comparable to your scenario. The hackers are not making Maplestory better, they're making it WORSE. They're ruining the entire game for people and not caring about it. The point also stands that Nexon's Terms of Service (Which you automatically agree to, regardless of if you read it or not when you sign up) Allows nexon to take whatever actions they deem nessicary to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
    Last edited by Untradeable; 2012-01-13 at 10:54 AM. Reason: lolspelling

19. Default

Those alone pretty much justify any intent to sue and have nothing to do with your statements

20. Default

This would be better news if they went after everyone who has ever visited this site and lined them up for a firing-squad.