Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Oh, you misunderstood me. I just find it so very satisfying that a handful of guys will have their life potentialy ruined because they fiddle with stuff that ruins a game for others. Stopping the hackings is impossible in itself, but as you say if it could be done it would be in the coding, not by launching witch hunts.

2. Default

It frustrates me that the largest MS forum is a hacking site, but I'm glad Nexon are doing something about it. I like the idea that the guys behind the site are going to get what they deserve.

3. Default

...wow, if this is true.

4. Default

I forgot how much is his trainer, but I think its around $40 dollars/month.

the site, for sure, have more than 250 players that pay for his trainer, plus all the meso sellers website that use his trainer and pay the support.

the version that can run over 16maple on the same computer, is almost $100 dollars/month.

so do the math.

5. Default

It will at least show they are actually willing to take action, even if it makes them think twice.. Its a step forward. I guess?

OT- 'bout pineappleing time.

6. Default

They are essentially setting an example using that website which will make players much less likely to attempt to hack as consequences are involved lol. That will at least flush out some number of people.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

If this succeeds. I can't wait for the massive uproar about how we can't do pomegranate now, because "our Hacks" are gone / severely crippled.

8. Default

lol, certainly hope so. If only they took action against whoever bought the hacks too.

9. Default

I think the bigger problem would be, although they end the saga, there will be leftovers, and those leftovers will run the server.

10. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Would this attract Anonymous toward Nexon?

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

NexonAM really needs to hire developers that specialize in security. That, combined with going hard after those websites, will actually make a difference.

12. Default

I dont see why it would. Anonymous typically only targets groups that directly affect a mass public, IE: SOPA, Scientology, etc. this is a fairly isolated incident as far as the world goes, Its just 1 company trying to defend itself against some people trying to ruin their product.

13. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

In a way, Nexon, at least Nexon America, is to blame for this. I remember back when I first started playing in 2006, hacks were out but the number of hackers was hugely small and they tried, for the most part, to stay hidden from the majority of the community.

Since that time, the game has spiraled so out of control, and Nexon hasn't put all of its potential into fixing what they should, that a majority of the population are just fed up with it and I don't blame them.

I mean, why support a company that doesn't put its customers first? And yes, I say customers because at one point or another, EVERYONE (or at least 99.9% of the players) has invested some for of $$$, however small or large the amount, into the game for NX.

Though I do think this is a step in the right direction, and while I can see this reverting hacking to being more underground, this isn't the sole reason Nexon will lose more players/revenue. Until they get their act together and start fixing things and being more on top of the thousands of tickets they receive a day, no one is ever truly going to respect them or take them seriously.

14. Default

It's been well established Nexon is a publishing company, they don't have the skills or resources to actually fix their game to be honest. As eos pointed out years ago KMS really does all the fixes, nexon just gets the scripts. If you look on their hiring team they have been seeking a strong tech team for like a year now.

15. Default

About time, Nexon.

Can't wait to laugh at those who will have to pay over $150.000 for that. They got served.

16. Default

I heard he made a little more than that but what ever (no one really knows except him anyways )
    Anyways since Nexon did something right.....

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Seriously, that is the only possible reason they haven't filled those positions yet.
    Either that or their HR department reads resumes at the same rate as their customer support read tickets.

18. Default

Nexon should NOT win this. Writing software that works in conjunction with other software should not be construed as copyright infringement. As much as I hate hacks on Maple, stuff like this is why we are against SOPA (trying to take down websites for poor reasons).

19. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Its original name was that baby thing site which you might have heard about before.

And hopefully, this will help lower the hacker rate.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

If you read the article, Nexon is trying any law that could possibly be made to apply, hoping something hits: