Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. Default

Not sure if real anymore.
    Pretty sure you posted all your info on said forum once.

2. Default

@kremechoko Check again. When I posted my info, I said something along the lines of, "Gender: Scroll down to find out." Below that was an ambiguous picture. If you knew me, you'd know that I don't like giving out that information.

3. Default

Could've sworn you put your gender.
    Meh, nevermind then.

4. Default

Several of us have offered to do it as charity and been rebuffed

This is utter bull. It let's you send data to the server around, beyond and without the restrictions of the client. That is a fundamental change in game play. The game was made to be played via the client, and more specifically to be played within the limitations of the client. Anything that removes those limitations, bypasses those limitations, or changes those limitations is changing the intended game experience.

The fact it can be used in this way does not in itself make it illegal. That's up the prosecutor to argue that has no purpose beyond criminal activity and the defense to argue that it's just a knife and whether a knife is an implement or a weapon in the hands of user and see who a judge agrees with.

5. Default

They aren't lying about anything as anything that wasn't a fact was prefaced by "we believe".
    These are lawyers; they aren't just slinging sentences willy-nilly.

Hope you don't think they won't actually get anything from 'you'.
    What 'you' have, they will take.

Yeah, best of luck with that argument.
    It's bullpomegranate for several reasons, one of which Eos has already addressed.
    I'll address the other.

"You" have proven to be fully conscious of what was being done with "your" programs and have even gone as far as to actively support these activities.

Exhibit A, posted on the Ryan Cornwall's site a week ago - "Starting in a few days at most, we will be implementing a new system for determining if someone is able to use RiPE VIP. This will only affect people who have been getting RiPE VIP from their BT purchases on (the site being sued).

The new system will give you access at the time you purchase a BT license. For example, if you purchase a 31 day BT license, you will get 31 + 7 days of RiPE VIP starting on that day."

"You've" made it quite clear that "you" have a business partnership with the other defendants and directly support their use of "your" programs.
    Besides this quote, there's also the fact that the RiPE site's Downloads section has tools designed specifically to modify two other MMOs.

Does it matter?
    If either one is the real Riukuzaki, that one isn't terribly bright to be discussing the case here.

Going with this.

Were I bored enough, I'd make a Riukuzaki3.
    Or, better, a R1ukuz@klizmefosho.

I hear their are lots of females with the middle name "Michael".

In this case, the prosecution will be helped by the fact the the defendant is selling the knife directly to a known criminal knowing fully well what the criminal intends to do with the knife.

6. Default

7. Default

Somewhat beside the point though, the defense will still have to try that argument since the role of defense is to defend, regardless of the guilt of their client.
    Were it not being specifically marketed for indefensible purposes they defense would have a better chance, yes.

8. Default

I was using examples based on high levels of efficiency. I wasn't saying this business model absolutely WILL make you a ton of money, I was saying if you do it right it will.

9. Default

So was this found out to be a hoax? I am hearing rumors that this whole law suit isn't real that it is just made up. I find that hard to believe though since many factors plus courthouse news is a crediable source.

10. Default

Sorry for bumping. Just wanted to know if their is anymore information on this or was it found to be a hoax instead? This is a interesting topic and can't seem to find anymore information about it.

11. Default

It would be both funny and sad if it was found out that this is a hoax. The little respect I had gained for Nexon would vanish.

12. Default Re: Largest Maplestory hacking website being sued by Nexon America and Nexon Korea Co

Interestingly nexon has demanded a trial by jury, in the pdf file. Probably they will expect the jury to hate the cheaters (how dare they cheat on an online cartoon game!)

13. Default Re: Largest Maplestory hacking website being sued by Nexon America and Nexon Korea Co

1.Why isn't Cam being sued?
    He created SpawnVac and found a lot of the hacks.
    And there's way more admins, there's 8-10, I believe.

2. Vince is just a Smod, no either why he's getting sued.

3. Why is Riu taking all/most of the blame?
    BT is the main hack/bot that hackers use, and Bizarro/Andrew is the one receiving most of the money.

14. Default Re: Largest Maplestory hacking website being sued by Nexon America and Nexon Korea Co

Whenever there are people involved and your actions start affecting those, It stops being just a mere game. Even if it didn't affect other players it already affects the employees in the company that have to work extra to get these issues fixed (Theoretically lol) You make it sound like these guys are 10 years old... they were making thousands of money out of this...

Why don't you go tell him to get a deal in which he exposes the "real culprits" and their methods to get some charges taken out or a reduction of the penalty??