1. Default wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Was making esther shields hoping that i'd get a 2% int on one of them when this happened..

Whats the probability of revealing two equipments and getting epic and unique at the same time?
    Last edited by x3repentance; 2012-01-26 at 11:23 PM.

2. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

your ign ;-; *shoots self*

What WORlD ARE YOU IN GIMME.

3. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Actually quite high if you craft fast enough you can get 2 unigues in a row

4. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

been there done that

overrated

5. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

What is so special about it?

6. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

If there is a positive RNG than you can get as many items revealed to unique as you can click.

Whenever you cube to Unique or Legendary, you should ALWAYS cube another non-unique or non-legendary item as fast as you can. You can sometimes still catch the positive seed and get 2 for the price of 1. So far I've turned 7 items Legendary, and 2 sets have been piggy backed on top of another.

7. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Thats something i didnt know..

8. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

I was going to ask how you know these things, but that first sentence bothers me.
    You said you can reveal multiple items to Unique by moving quickly, but revealing just shows what's already there, it doesn't actually make the roll.

9. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

agreed, lest not we forget there is a hack out there to view potential before being revealed.

10. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Is the RNG server sided or client sided?

11. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Unless there's a new one, that hack was patched ages ago.

12. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

I think that post was more referring to the mechanics of the hack moreso than whether it is still around, which is what I think both Viaje and heronz are saying: that the item's potentials are already pre-existing, and that the revealing process doesn't have any effect.

With that in mind, could it be the resetting process that changes things? Could that be what he is referring to?

13. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Exactly.

I'll assume by "resetting" you mean "fusing".

No, there's no possible way that fusing changes the way the Potential information is stored.
    That would mean that the coders just created more work for themselves.
    When you fuse two items, what you're technically doing is sacrificing two items to make a new one 'drop'.

Is that a real question?

Of course it's server-sided.

14. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

my lack of shield with % stat :(

15. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Well, I wouldn't be asking if it was client sided or server sided if this had been Runescape, given there's no client files at all.

But Maple is so overhacked from how much crap is client sided that it made me wonder if the RNG was client sided. Guess that was still a stupid question, since npc messages are server sided as well, I think.

Is there a hack to make the RNG client sided? This game is so overrun with hacks, I'm surprised nobody has made a hack like that yet.

16. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

Sounds like you don't even know how hacks work.

And if RNG was client sided, everyone would be walking around with perfect gear.

17. Default Re: wow, revealed a epic and unique esther at the same time

And, thanks to the recent rollback, I can confirm this is still how it works - I revealed the same pot on 6 items twice, since they got rolled back to hidden pot.