Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

What if that is there way of balancing the training area, they have no valuable drops but give you more exp
    Edit
    ITT: people try to define legit by community maple standards today and not the actual original definition. If you go to a boss and it is just a sand bag if you were truely legit you would leave and not go back till it was fixed and not abuse it for easy exp/money

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So here's a question.

Is krexel glitched to be a sandbag so we can slap the illegit title on everybody? Is it because he's worthless in exp and drops that no one cares?

I await the interesting responses.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Legitimate is defined by social standards. It has no bearing on the definition. Each player has their own version of what is legitimate, and each player will frown or look up upon each player for what they believe is so.
    Nexon is doing nothing about it. I hold the same response for krexel as i do Gunbosses.

4. Default

too bad the only even remotely "fun" status effect is zombify. pot lock when you are a 2hko no matter what and only the new half of classes have hp recovery skills? watch as your character walks into a corner and dies? those arent anywhere close to even vaguely entertaining, theyre just dumb. zombify is the only one that isnt just blind luck to survive.

5. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Get a bishop. They have status resistance, they can dispell pot lock, they can guard you when czak seduces. They take off heal.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

So if they do nothing about it...it's fine?

Interesting.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

I hope you actually read what i said before. Thats not a quarter of my take on this.
    Edit: my response to your question was probably uninformative of my view. Would you like me to quote older responses? Like I said, everything I have said about gunbosses(even previously) are my same answer to krexel.

8. Default

Yes. It's considered a grey area because there's too many examples to actually cover it in one statement.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Taken a bit out of context but that's not the point. What you said still applies to this part of the discussion.

What's interesting about it is that krexel has been the way he is since he was released. Who are we to say if he's glitched or not? Nexon hasn't said anything, whether because the players don't care about the boss or because Nexon has more important things to do. Is he glitched? He attacks...but he's stupid. Is it intended? I dunno. Gotta wait for good ol Nexon to tell me if i wanna be legit and not be mocked by everyone in the game for not being a legit. ;-;

If attacking a boss that doesn't do anything makes you illegit, then nexon should stop making bosses that don't attack, intended or not.

10. Default

sometimes its just too much to ask for a good bishop

and then calling off a run because no bishop is more demoralizing than leaving it to chance

11. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Krexel wasn't always glitched. It glitched at the same time the gunboss and crimsonwood did. Being a weak boss isn't a glitch, anyway. It was only glitched when it was just out in the same form latanica channel glitches worked.
    Edit: krexels skills that do nothing were like that when maplesea got krexel, too.
    All they need is to keep magic guard and maxed out dragon up. It's really simple. Czakum's arms? Make the bishop sit on top of the boss. It only dispells through attacks, so this provides a different hit to throw off the dispell. Also, when zakum's body dispels, it is a long cast move. You can easily recover from it.

12. Default

That's a marvelous conclusion...
    Since I agree with the consensus, it most definitely wasn't an insult.

However, arguing that glitches are "unavoidable" is asinine.
    They're perfectly avoidable. All you have to do is not participate in the affected content.
    While I certainly don't expect people to do this (though people seem to be pulling the opposite opinion out of their asses), there's no pressing need for any of the benefits the bosses might give.
    Not Familiars. Not Violet Snow Shoes.

A few years ago, at least in Khaini, hackers basically had a lock on Horntail for what seemed like a year.
    While it certainly would have been nice to have the HT Pendants and MW20s from him, they were, likewise, far from necessary.
    People certainly fared without them.

Hey, look!
    I completely agree with Sarah!

You seem to not understand what a glitch is.

That's a very poor comparison because it's the polar opposite.

With HT, the glitch isn't enabling you to do something you would normally not be able to do.
    On the contrary, it's a complete hindrance.

I'd be more keen on responding if your question were clearer.

Currently, as a statement, it would read:
    Krexel is glitched for the purpose of calling all players illegit.

That makes no sense in any perspective.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

And the OP in statement form would be:
    Bosses that do nothing are glitched and therefore anyone who fights them are illegit.

Get it? If people don't consider krexel to be glitched because him doing nothing is "intended", and no one would care either way because the rewards are paltry (just like gunboss), and nexon refuses to say anything about it (just like gunboss), then it's a gray area that the player cannot bear the blame for, because bosses that do nothing exist regardless of glitches.

14. Default

I intentionally stretched the definition of a glitch because I'm challenging the concept a lot of people seem to have of what a glitch is and why it's bad.

I called exp:hp ratios in the world tour areas glitches because they detract from the obvious design intent of the developers: to balance and curve exp across all levels training areas. In reality they merely forgot to update them, but in a world where people go around saying how dare you act against Nexon's intent, I feel it's important to point out what a stupid brightline it is they're drawing between acceptable and not. Nexon's intent means absolutely, positively nothing - either in the practice of playing this game, or in any higher sense of how things "should be."

In sarcasm, he has a point.

A glitch is something that the game designer did incorrectly. A glitch is something that potentially affects all players. A glitch is not a way for the high minded to find out who is and is not worthy of their definition of legitimacy. It's a stupid mistake developers are supposed to fix. Developers, not Nexon apparently.

My point is, do not complain at people who will beat a glitched boss to death repeatedly and sell the spoils. I greatly prefer that conduct to sitting in FM ripping off people or buying NX to sell for mesos and supporting Nexon's largesse. It's Nexon's fault the boss is glitched, and it stands in the way of enjoying the content in a balanced and yes perhaps intended way.

15. Default

Get it? If people don't consider krexel to be glitched because him doing nothing is "intended", and no one would care either way because the rewards are paltry (just like gunboss), and nexon refuses to say anything about it (just like gunboss), then it's a gray area that the player cannot bear the blame for, because bosses that do nothing exist regardless of glitches.[/QUOTE]
    You misinterpreted something.
    Shocking.
    What you may have wanted to say and what you actually said were two entirely different things.

Back to the actual discussion:
    Players are still guilty of their actions. That's undebateable but, fortunately, not the question of this thread.
    The question is whether or not that action is, in fact, morally grey (or either extreme).

Also, I can't think of a single boss which, out of intention, did or does nothing.
    The reason for their inaction would always be the result of a glitch, so that last statement is just plain dumb.

But I will write you down in the "moral relativist" column.

Which just doubles my confusion as you were responding to Sarah and Sarah didn't even present a concept of what a glitch is.
    Nexon's intent, yes, but not what a glitch is.

You actually present a very good point about Nexon's intent.

The thing that example that comes to mind when examining designer intent in a game is Smash Bros. Melee.
    (While I never mastered them,) these games 'featured' several advanced tactics that are an absolute must for anyone on the competitive level.
    Thing is, the most prominent advanced tactics are the result of exploiting certain nuances of the physics engine.

However, neither the Smash Bros scenario or the NLC/World Tour monsters were the result of a glitch since, in both scenarios, the code was working precisely as it was meant to work.

Not sure how this segment arose from Takebacker's post, but aaaaaaaaaanyway...

I don't know where people are getting this idea that I'm complaining about people beating these bosses or even condemning it.
    I don't give a damn about defining people as "legit" or "illegit"; I only use those terms because they're part of the jargon used by players of Maplestory.

I've already made it clear that I fought these bosses myself since they've become glitched, and, if it helps to clarify my position, I fought Zakum countless times and Horntail once while auto-aggro was broken.

The purpose of this thread was to see how people rationalize whether they see certain actions in Maplestory as either right* or wrong**.

* - may read as "legit"
    ** - may read as "illegit"

16. Default

missed the point. my alliance lacks bishops because they arent as fun as everything else. there are only a couple regulars. if they dont happen to be around or cant make it, we dont have a bishop.

and sometimes, you do everything you can and still die anyways. even with a bishop. or 3. runs still go sour. 2 dc, the 3rd gets a miss sitting on arm/body and a hit from a dispel attack, doesnt happen to have a wheel. thats why i say status effects arent fun. losing control of your character is inherently unfun. the ones that arent unfun either dont matter or are only not unfun because you can cure them yourself.

17. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Brandonaught
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Chrono
    Farm: Sheep GYM
    California

why talk about glitched boss and not glitched decent/useful skills?

in the end your just playing a game, i never seen a crowd of people calling me legit anywhere. besides, if you dont like the challenge of actually fighting a boss whats the point of playing?

18. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

lolwut?
    Krexels skill did "do something" ever since it's introduced in SEA unless you know which spot to stand/attack safely.
    Krexel only do nothing since bosses aggro bug appear in chaos and it's fixed last year.

19. Default

I'll have to add a little question.

If Nexon never fixes this, would that mean it's the new way it's meant to be played? Different versions have some tweaks in content too.

Not trying to justify myself, I actually don't do those bosses. Just food for thought.

20. Default

This.

Makes me laugh how a bunch of players deliberately glitch the decent skills on their characters, even on all their mules, but cry witch when someone fights Grandpa Boss now.

As I said in the beginning, the game is glitched as hell. Just play it and don't do something dumb that could get you banned. No more rule than that.