Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

I wouldn't say it isn't legit, since it's not a game-breaking exploit, but it's a fact that it takes away the enjoyment and challenge of the fight.

2. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Maplestory, the only game where doubts of being legit or not are raised with every step *Ultra-SuperAngled-FreddyMercury Reverse Facepalm*

Does the glitch immobilize the bosses or somewhat change their normal behaviour in a way that give you a unfair advantage?

If Yes then you sir are a superhaxor that its winning in MS.

If No then you are just not giving a pineapple about nexun (Yes, Nexun) usual stupidity and derpness breaking pomegranate with every server check(?), also you are currently losing in MS too.

3. Default

Oh so that's why Von Leon stopped attacking yesterday. I never seen this happen before till yesterday and my friends and I were really confused.

4. Default

Von leon can't attack again? or it was never fixed?

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

It's not supposed to be this challenging because it's broken in the first place.

6. Default

Please do learn to read. It will save you from wasting energy on overreacting.
    I said nothing about my personal expectations of other players. Nothing.

That said, you have provided yet another example of how these glitches have been exploited by some players for the purpose of achieving things they would not have normally found accessible.

I do find your method of trying to justify your actions to be a bit strange.

It may not be as drastically and immediately game-breaking as some glitches and hacks, but it does inevitably change the economy in the long run as well as the value of certain items.

7. Default

Is there any mobile boss that doesn't have a flaw in their attack script that can cause them to "glitch" and sit there without attacking? Off the top of my head Von Leon and the Ultimate Visitor both did/do it. CWKPQ we didn't really pay attention but I wouldn't be surprised if those bosses did it too.

Normal response to in game glitches: fix

Nexon response to in game glitch: ignore and pray the community ostracizes the people who use it

8. Default

It's NOT "legit" because it's not how it's intended to be played. Anyone claiming that sitting there hitting a stationary, unable to attack boss is legit is out of their minds, regardless of whether it's accepted or not. It doesn't matter if you're just doing it for fun. And it certainly isn't suddenly better because you're not gaining enormous amounts of experience from it. Those statements are ridiculous.

That said, it doesn't make you some sort of scumbag to do it. It doesn't put you on the same level as people who intentionally hack, dupe or glitch parts of the game. This is a situation that is out of your control and it is unreasonable to just expect everyone to avoid the areas because Nexon won't get off their dumb lazy asses to fix it.

So in reality, it's a grey area at best. It's certainly not a legit kill or something brag-worthy but it's not something that people should look down on you for doing either.

9. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I disagree. Although you are not playing the game as "intended" by Nexon, their pineappleups should not classify you as illegit when you are simply playing the game. If they mess up something, but it is still in the game, you really shouldn't be penalized for utilizing what is in front of you. You aren't bringing in any 3rd party programs or purposely trying to abuse the game (well I guess some people are, but for my argument, I'm assuming you aren't abusing it). I can agree there is a grey area there, but at the same time, I wouldn't go as far to classify people who kill glitched enemies as "illegit." These terms really get thrown around way too often and as far as I'm concerned, not intentionally breaking the ToS=legit. (I'm not claiming that ignorance exempts you from becoming illegit though).

10. Default

Being legit isn't about just not hacking or using things affected by hacks. It's about playing the game as it's intended to be played, and technically that means not fighting screwed up bosses.

I didn't say they should be classified as "illegit." I didn't even use that word in my post. They shouldn't be classified at all. It's a personal choice because it's grey and in reality harms nothing. I personally wouldn't do it but, and I say this as one of the most judgmental people here, I wouldn't look down on anyone who decided to.

However, if there is a boss that is affected by this that gives out really good exp or items and people are farming them because of the glitch then they are absolutely illegit, be it their fault that it's broken or not. Taking advantage of a situation for profit* is basically the definition of illegitimate.

*not necessarily monetary. Gaining loads of exp is also profiting.

11. Default

Unless you did something to make it stop attacking, you're still legit as far as I'm concerned. I haven't bothered doing much in Showa lately because of all the glitches, and fighting something that doesn't do anything when you hit it is really boring.

Reminds me when a select few of a group of players complained when CZak was fixed. Where's the fun in holding down the attack button for half an hour until the HP bar reaches zero? At least status effects and taking damage are at least vaguely entertaining.

12. Default

Sincerely, what do you expect people to do? Since many months ago, they've been like that, people reported it, but it's still like that and will be for a lot of time.
    You have no choice to avoid that problem, other than refusing to fight the boss itself, theorically, that's possible, but with all the game being a complete piece of crap, if you had to care about that, then you would do absolutely nothing.

No one is doing Party Quests because they used to sit their asses on a rope in LHC, you aren't able to find enough people to do Monster Park for the same reason. LHC was always full of hackers, everywhere, finding a legit party was almost impossible. The only things i could do when i got on Maple some weeks ago was just fight Papulatus, and then kill Bodyguards.
    If i classified that as something really illegitimate, the only damn thing i would be able to do on a 16x character would be fighting a boss that barely gives me 3% and that's all?

This is as clear as the CWKPQ case that they don't give a damn about this bug. Speaking for myself, i won't log in just to spend barely 8 minutes killing a weak boss twice. You had the choice to train as a legit party at LHC, but i can't make those bosses attack if i want to.

13. Default

What's Nexon's intention regarding "glitched" bosses?
    "glitched" portals?
    "glitched" skills?
    "glitched" exp:hp ratios? (train in NLC/world tour? I hope not)

There are glitches in this game that have existed for YEARS, often inseparable from extremely desirable content. Nexon's intention as you put it clearly has little to no control over the game we play, so why have such reverence for your assumptions about it? To entirely avoid these glitches is an incredibly undue burden on the player.

Czak is a good example, lets look at some of the ways czak has been borked over its history:

Dispel spam from dispel arms, since Nexon didn't separate the normal attack from the dispel attack on at least one.
    Failure for individual parts to aggro and attack unless attacked (or at all)
    Body dealing no damage

Tell me, do you know a time when not one of these glitches (or others) was occurring? Only recently! Maybe - I still hear reports of aggro fail. So all "legitimate" bossing had to wait until the boss was pitch perfect compared to what you assume Nexon's design for it was. Any czhelm was illegitimate! Why should the incidental nature of whether they did it repeatedly or once matter? They knew it was glitched and they still went!

It'd be swell if Nexon's design didn't vary the time or ease it takes to kill these bosses, but how do you know what the intent was for "how long czak should take" when the original form was different than what we fight now? Not to mention the countless rebalancings that affect player damage occurring at the same time.

It's pretty straightforward that Nexon's "intent," in story design, is that there are big bad evil things that threaten the world, and heroes kill them. Once. Guess that time you killed the tree of hell twice in one day was a glitch, oops.

Oh, are you going to say that glitches that make the boss harder rather than easier, as dispel spam did in the early days, are not illegitimate? If that's the case, your only rational argument is that glitches are bad to the extent they increase supply in the economy (or the imagined economy if the glitch has always existed). If economic distortion is your measure, Nexon made the game utterly illegitimate the day they released potential. Their input is no longer authoritative by your own reasoning.

I get that you don't like it when things you achieve are cheapened. But you can't expect players to not experience content that is flawed. Most of the game is flawed.

Where my line is: do not hack. Do not use external programs on this game - even when they do no harm standard and merely repair broken content to a functional state.

But if Nexon makes a feature available to an unmodified user, however screwed up, enjoy it. Because that's all we're going to get from them.

14. Default

It sure would be nice if people read everything that I said before responding.

At no point did I suggest people should avoid these bosses. I said it is entirely up to the player and how they feel about it personally.

15. Default

I read it, the part thats relevant to your argument is my addressing where you reversed your stance regarding the economic impact of "glitched" player actions. Which is like the whole latter 2/3rds of my post. If its okay, don't complain that it's suddenly illegitimate if people are doing the same thing over and over to benefit. Repetition is all this game is.

16. Default

Adapt or quit, there's no such thing as "100% legit" anymore

17. Default

If the boss is only killable by abusing a glitch that also gives an unreasonable amount of items/exp then it's illegitimate. Whether van leon moves around like a ninny and attacks, it's proven it can be killed, such as chaos zakum, at a legitimate means.

Also regarding the "kill twice glitch", that was intentional since the day it was released, hell it was in the release information back in 06. If you want to claim that a glitch it's more likely a mistext.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

FTFY

VL glitched out again? Really?

19. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

This sounds like an insult. We aren't "abusing" anything. This a glitched mob. We cannot kill it the "unglitched" way. I don't think that its necessary that i if i go to said mobi i'm being labelled abusive since i have no choice but to do so if i every want to see the mob again. If everyone had thought it was abusive and didn't go, there would be no more clean VSS or any of his uncommon drops. It wouldn't be fair to be called abusive if i have to kill it that way. I have no other option. I have to take it for what it is.
    On the other hand, LHC glitching can be avoided if i want to LHC. Familiar leeching can be avoided if i want to LHC. Many other glitches can be avoided. I don't have this luxury here.
    I'm repeating myself now. Awaiting my useless post dissection.
    Edit: if i want my chance at the familiars they provide, i cannot wait for nexon to simply fix it. It's been glitched for months and who knows how much longer it will be like this. They haven't acknowledged it either, asidefrom LHC being fixed.
    I would gladly kill him the normal way. But i can't.
    Elaborate. Do you mean the boss is really hard and it s impossible to kill normally, then you abuse a "glitch"? Because GunBoss doesn't fit this example. It is unabled to be killed without glitches, because there is no unglitched counterpart. This is the same instance for Bigfoot. Ever since CWK it was never fixed. It is unavoidable. Am i illegitimate for killing it with those beaten up frames? These are glitched that are inherited by the boss, and cannot be avoided. If Bodyguards cannot attack me and i can do nothing about it, i cannot see how i am illegit.

20. Default

Because you can avoid glitches in MapleStory? Almost everything has some form of glitch/bug floating around. Though i'd love everything to run properly I'm not going to stop killing bodyguard because nexon can't be pineappleed fixing it.

Could think same with HT? The glitch is only the first 30 can actually enter the darn thing. Logging on straight after a SC to get on the "list" is that abusing a glitch? is that illegit? It's meerly working around glitches that remain unfixed.. ._.

I'd only call something like this illegitimate if you was deliberately causing the boss to glitch, but if something is glitched already. there's nothing you can really do about it.