1. Default Weapon speed on mages.

I was asking a friend if I should get the level 110 wand because is normal speed or the staff for more base attack from the coin shop in my priest but he told me that most mages are unaffected by the weapon speed when casting any skill. I just want to know if this is true at all, and what's the reason of that if we even have a magic booster skill.

2. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Weapon speed doesn't affect mages, only attacking speed. The higher the magic att., the better.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

1) False. Speed on the weapon won't matter because mages except BaMs are normalized to normal (6) no matter what the speed on the weapon is. SI affects mages.
    2) >Priest needs a good weapon

4. Default

My Phantom casts magic attacks faster if I use booster. I don't play mages though so I'm not sure if that's an indication.

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Perhaps because our own booster improves our casting speed, so Phantoms booster strangely enough does the same?

6. Default

I thought the only skill that was effected by weapon speed was explosion o_o. Did they change that now?

7. Default

Explosion was changed ever since Big Bang.

8. Default

Otay, here's the deal:

Mage attacks (with the exception of Battle Mages, of course) are totally unaffected by weapon speed.
    Instead, all mage attacks act, by default, act as if you're using a Normal (6) speed weapon.

So you can't change an attack's speed by changing your weapon, but you can change it by using things like Booster or Speed Infusion, just like any other attack.

In conclusion, your friend was right.

9. Default

Explosion is still affected by weapon speed. However, that's still the only spell that is.

10. Default

Confirming this, it's still pretty awesome to have such a fast casting explosion with Evil Wings =D

11. Default

Too bad it sucks having to cast explosion.