Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Facepalm, occam's razor. Unnecessarily complicated and would give exactly the same result in the long run. Why randomize twice if your first randomizer is already good enough?
    The "random" part of it is like getting a random number from 1 to 100, the set chance is that it works if that number is lower than 10.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Because if someone figured out the pattern for the first number, the second number helps guarantee that it can't be abused as easily.

Assuming this is how it works though. I and i hope others like this theory of "how scrolling works" the best.

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Brandonaught
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Chrono
    Farm: Sheep GYM
    California

I made a list of all the things I have cubed to unique, not desired stats.
    Before Chaos.
    Czak #1 (Pre Epic)
    E>U
    68 Cubes
    Czak #2
    R>E 23
    E>U 16

CHTP
    R>E 43
    E>U 103

Neos Top
    R>E 38
    E>U 2

Neos Bottom
    R>E 31
    E>U 73

Reverse Grabbes
    R>E 12
    E>U 24

After Chaos

Lionheart Helm
    R>E 2
    E>U 186

Lionheart Gloves
    R>E 56
    E>U 82

Lionheart Shoes (pre epic)
    E>U 108

Blackfist Cape
    R>E 28
    E>U 3

VIP Belt
    R>E 18
    E>U 113

Lionheart Weapon
    R>E 26
    E>U 14

On Sale Cube Cubed items

Reverse Blooms
    R>E 39
    E>U 12

Infinite Arrows (120)
    R>E 13
    E>U 8

Lionheart Battlemail
    R>E 11
    E>U 86

4. Default

Funny because my sample must have really sucked.
    I rage quit cubing after cubing shoulders on 3 characters:
    1st character: 40 cubes to get shoulders to Epic, then ~30 to get Unique.
    2nd character: ~30 to Epic, ~another 30 to Unique. Seems average.
    3rd character: 44 to Epic, 88 and not Unique. Stopped cubing. Ran out of stuff to MTS.

This was during a cube sale so I remembered the approximate # of bundles. From here on, I buy all my items pre-cubed. So, when Legendary Potential coming out, I'll most likely keep all my items the way they are.

And for some reason it took 22 Premium Cubes for my Reverse DB Mask to go 3 lines...
    Last edited by Promised; 2012-01-08 at 09:38 AM.

5. Default

I read that with master cubes in Basil in a old thread.... that the rates are like this:
    Rare to Epic - 25% (similar with premium cubes)
    Epic to Unique - 10%
    Unique to legendary - 2.5%...

But most stats are crap now ¬¬ and in Legendary Tier you can cube only with master Cubes (or Super Subes in GMS)

6. Default

If they figured out the pattern for the first number, chances are they can find out the pattern for the second number. Better add a third number so that it can't be abused as easily. Wait-- if they found the second pattern, they'll be able to find the third! Better add a fourth! etc..

There are too many conspiracy theorists in this thread. "Zomg nexon is altering the cube success rate to make more money!!11 lemme grab my tinfoil hatz!!@"

7. Default

Considering they added some crap potentials in order to make cubing for desired stats more difficult tinkering with other rates really doesn't seem that far-fetched.

8. Default

So there's nothing in the extractions or data than anyone can find that tells us the rates? It seems ridiculously random.

9. Default

I think you have to hack into the server to see the rates.

It doesn't seem unlikely nexon would make a second number. i remember pre-bb that monster damage formula was extremely complicated and retarded. 0.8-0.85*attack^2-A/B+69-defence, where A is a number in which your defence falls into a range, and b is arandom number you have to divide it by. it was something random like that.

from my experience, rare->epic is like 5-10% and epic->unique is like 2-5%

10. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

120k NX on a unique item with super miracle cubes(63 fragments) and it's still unique. I am fairly certain it's not working, or nobody will be able to get this tier without spending 200k NX Unless this is my unlucky day?

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

>>Bad RNG
    >Claims item is broken

That sure is a perfect recipe to FUD all the things!
    Sorry about the terrible RNG :(

12. Water
    canada

I'll let you know if I spend another 120k NX and receive nothing. Would like to see you waste NX on this to back yourself up here:D

13. Default

For years there has always been one group wondering if there is something wrong with Nexon's use of RNG after they say failed 10 mastery books in a row, or failed 3 90% potential scrolls or like in this case have continuous bad luck with cubes, and another group always eager to jump in and say 'naw you just had bad luck', as if Nexon couldn't possibly screw something up.
    Unless someone rich someday does some huge number of tests to prove one way or the other with 99% certainty, neither side will ever convince the other.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Too bad there's already legendary tier items floating around in the game, so your point is moot.

15. Water
    canada

My point is still relative, you don't know how much NX they wasted. Ehku has a legendary tier item, but he also has millions of NX I would think. See the problem here? If only the rich people of the server can get this stuff, it means it's hard to get. We'll see as time goes on though, I did say I may of been just unlucky.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Your point is still relative? Not even.
    1. You claim the item is broken; Point already proven moot due to Legendary items existing in the game.
    2. You claim you need to throw hundreds of thousands of NX at the game to get 1 Legendary Item. You're only 1 person. That's HARDLY a big enough sample size to go based off of to determine if you really need to throw a gazillion NX at the game or not.
    3. Here comes the funny part. You claim we don't know how much NX people used on equipment, which is true, but then you go on assuming Ehku threw a gazillion NX on his VSS to get it to Legendary AND have Decent CO, when you have no idea yourself.

RNG is RNG, stop trying to play it off as a Nexon FUD.

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

spent 36 cubes getting my polearm to legendary, that said i always have good luck with weapons, so take that with a grain of salt.

also bought lionheart bracers, took 3 (read, three) cubes to go from epic to unique, legendary cubes that is.

18. Water
    canada

Don't take words seriously O.o Since I wasn't serious when I used them, you shouldn't focus on them much. However next time I'll be sure to mean everything I said so you don't literally take everything posted as the truth. If I said I were to jump off a cliff based on the behavior displaying from you currently, you would take it seriously I would think. If it's obvious that what I'm saying can be disproven which I thought there was then I don't understand the purpose of commenting on those.

Not too mention if some people can get these items with less cubes then I, that could mean they are lucky. It's gonna be very hard for either side to prove how easy or hard it is. This is why you shouldn't of focused so much on disproving this since I could flip it on you like you did with me;)

@ShinkuDragon I used to be lucky with cubing as well. When I was cubing my dragon tail eqps, two rares skipepd over epic and went to unique. Hence my surprise at today's cubing spree. I guess this means it runs out at some point aha