Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Convince THIS GUY to play MAPLE STORY!

So guys,

Do I regularly think about playing Maple Story? I never think about playing it. When I think of this game I just think of how terrible it is. But right now, at this very moment I am considering downloading it. Not for any particular reason, mostly just because my computer needed to be reformatted and before then I was running on a pirated Windows 7 which seemed to mess with the frame rate on Maple Story back when I had last played in December of 2010. Since then I've deleted my Shadower and remade him into a.... well another Chief Bandit on one of the newer servers (Zenith I think).

Another reason I am considering reinstalling is because currently, I consider Dungeon Fighter to be my "one computer game that I sometimes play", but I can barely even say that because I NEVER play it. The reason for this is because I am a sissy baby and cannot have fun soloing dungeons. So I guess you can say I'm looking for a small time killer for every now and then, and I'm familiar with how much of a time killer Maple can be.

But you see guys, I'm concerned. Having played Maple since 2005 I think it's safe enough for me to say that this game sucks at least a hundred times more than it did before. But has anything changed to make it more fun? Is there anything for me to really look forward to? Assuming I can run the game without any issues will I find the game to be more user friendly than before? I don't mind spending some money on the basics; a pet, some OG clothes, whatever but is the game still as NX reliant (as far as the economy goes) as before? Has the game gotten more or less popular within the last year?

WHAT'S NEW? SHOULD I PLAY? IF SO THEN WHY? IS IT A FUN GAME

DO I REINSTALL

FU CK

2. Default

Right now? No.

Wait until they fix everything that is broken. And if they don't, hey, at least you didn't waste any time on a broken game!

3. Default

What's broken? Why can't I play? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

4. Default

With the state of the game right now, I'd feel bad for any chump that gets talked into (re)installing and playing. Heck, your account might be compromised right now and you haven't even realized it yet!

5. Default

inb4 this guy logs in only to see that hes been hacked. lol

Nah but seriously, don't even bother....

6. Default

There is no reason to play a game that I cannot even read or understand, or communicate with half of its users.

Downloading gms anyway cause I ain't scurred

7. Default

Well, what can I say.
    Greg is a cool kid. Fights aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.
    It's more like 90% that you can't communicate with, really

8. Default

I've been wondering if I should get back into maple myself. Then I remember how satisfying it is to shoot lightning out of my finger tips in the old republic and go "naawwww".

9. Default

This.

10. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Familiar hackers in every single LHC map.
    D/c hackers everywhere.
    Even more reliant on NX than before.
    Mass duping.
    Mesos is absolutely worthless.
    Nexon still being nexon with customer service.

11. Default

Well there are a bunch of new things to do but I would advice to try to solo the game as the community as unbelievable as its sounds its gotten to a point that being at rock bottom would be an improvement.

12. Default

Greg to summarize the only reason you would/should play is if you plan on hacking. Otherwise its one big wet diaper of dissapointment.

13. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

-points to familiar hack thread-

That aside, now would actually be a good time pre 120. Free equips/weapons up to 70. and the coin event hands out statless weapons to use as a lower-endgame weapon. Its great for starting off a character.

Not all that great past 4th job right now.

In an imaginary world where Nexon actually controlled hackers to a decent degree, MS has way more variety of things to engage in now, PQs that level-scale so that you don't have to stick to just one, professions and traits encouraging varying activity. Events that are more generous in handing out scrolls/exp.

for solo grinding its a lot more user friendly, in that you can get your proper equips. getting well scrolled/statted ones on the other hand is a different story, the economy still highly favors NX.

14. Default

If you do decide to play, go to a smaller server where issues of hacking are less prevalent.

15. Default

The only thing worth it with this game is if you have friends on it. For me at least, it is the only thing that keeps me playing.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

How can there be DC "Hackers" when the newest DC method doesn't even require any hacks whatsoever?

17. Default

Friends don't recommend friends to play MapleStory. This is coming from a guy who plays several hours a day.

18. Default

You do need to do a bit of hacking to keep yourself from getting dc'd/crashed