Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I just hope they don't go deleting every item with more than 200 weapon or magic attack. There are plenty of items that managed to get that far using legitimate means (well, unless they were GM scrolled with duped scrolls).

2. Default

A complete rebuild of MS's bloated ass client would take months. That's months of no cube sales!

3. Default

Weapons? There are plenty of them. Other equips? Anything above 40 attack is gone.

4. Default

Should be anything about 30, honestly.

5. Default

They've done it before to HTP's, it's possible they can do it. But I agree, items over 12 stars should just be deleted.

6. Default

Except for gloves. For everything else 20 is pushing it. We would not even have 27 att VSS if not for the dupes, possibly there would be a small number of 14 att ones though, but not many.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

And shields.

Anyway, about time they did something. Now, we just wait and see how much they do right and how much they nexon.

8. Default

I expect no bans to be given. Well, maybe to the people who smega'd the 255 ATK equips.

Nah, who am I kidding.

9. Default

That’s my thoughts too, not quite time to do a backflip just yet. Patching up the exploits is one thing but clearing up the mess afterwards and banning those involved is a different matter.

10. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Are you serious? Do you want like....the entire ms population to be hell banned or something? Calm down.

11. Default

If the entire population has been training with the hackers at LHC, yea I do. The FM part was mostly a jape though. x)

12. Default

People who killed some Castle Golems to do the Von Leon quests would get hellbanned too f3.

13. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

So i go LHC to investigate who in my friend's list is leeching off hackers and my guild leader does the same for the guild. I should get hell banned for that? Because im sure plenty of us have done the same. Rethink what you said.
    I really wouldn't want you as a nexon employee. You have one extreme view there.

14. Default

The only people that should be hellbanned are people in Khaini.

15. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

How about....they hellban/perma ban the actual people who exploited/hacked/hack-leeched.

16. Default

NO DO BROA.

If only hackers didn't decide to make Khaini their home, for whatever reason.

17. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Whats stoping those people from just starting over in another world?

For those that miss the interesting convo last night. Nexon has to go threw everything to find these items. That one guy said they even go as far as locking items so they dont get deleted in the sweep. Also they have items that are not scrolled yet, but only have xxx amount of free slots.

18. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Link? o__0

19. Default

I wasn't actually being serious. I was taking a jab back at him because my home server is Khaini.

20. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Since rollback is pretty much out of the question, what form of consequences that DON'T affect the legits can Nexon really offer?

Deleting items/banning users with items that go above a certain threshold is a bad, bad idea. While you will get the hackers, you'll also get a bunch of legits. (It's important to note that Nexon will probably determine the "cap" to be way too low and for this reason a lot of legit players could be in trouble too.)

But other than method above ^, I don't really see a proper resolution. Thoughts?