1. Default Good anti-virus and spyware programs

Just wanted to ask you guys what y'all think are good programs.

I'm more specifically looking to get a good anti-spyware program since I'm already running Avast. But I haven't really been up to date as to what programs are good anymore.

MS players are probably the most secure players anyway \o/.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I use Malwarebytes for my anti-spyware.

Avast ftw...

3. Default

Surprisingly, Microsoft Security Essentials works quite well, and doesn't eat up much in the way of resources. Honestly though, the only thing you will ever need for casual browsing is NoScript.

4. Default

Cept for some reason, my FF has started to lag a lot lately. So I've switched to Chrome which doesn't have noscript.

Also: thread for good chrome extensions.

5. Default

Spybot S&D for spyware...

Personally I use Symantech Endpoint Protection, effective, lightweight no BS pop-ups, almost everyday definition updates...not sure about the cost, free from University.

6. Default

My dad installs that piece of sh*t on every computer he can. ._. It's such an annoying program. It'll delete any program you have that it thinks could be harmful with no way of recovering it. On top of that, it conflicts with a lot of anti-hacking programs that MMOs run, like Hackshield.

I'm running Avast now and it works pretty damn good.

7. Default

Running Avast & Spybot S/D as well, haven't had any problems in the many years I've run the combo. Avast even has a Silent Gaming Mode, no popups ever unless something actually tries to bite your computer.

Been hearing great things about Microsoft Security Essentials though (besides from people in this thread), so that could very well be worth looking into, since it's probably on your computer already anyway.

8. Default

The deleting is a settings thing that you or your dad didn't figure out. Mine always quarantines it and I can choose to restore it or not.

I NEVER had any problems with anti-hacking programs from MMOs while using it, not even once.

Just to be clear, it looks like this:

9. Default

Yeah, I've fiddled with it multiple times before. Even adding the programs as exceptions, then telling it to restore the program, I always get some error saying that the process could not be complete. This is why I always hate having to use my dad's computer. :| Half the pomegranate I do gets deleted by that program because it's stupid.

10. Default

Right now I'm using Avast. I used ESET NOD32 for a while on my old laptop and that worked pretty well... until my license expired.

Don't bother with Security Essentials. Gives me tons of false errors and stuff and pops up alot... REALLY annoying.