1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

To answer your first question, I think he has that smile for God knows when.

To answer your second question, in American politics, presidential candidates sometimes announce their candidacy for president after the first or second presidential primaries simply because they feel like they have enough support and stuff to go for it. In the case of Sarah Palin, even if she "bowed out" months before, she might just pull a fast one later on and say "fk dis shiznit I'm in this race now. Come at me bro"

2. Default

Sarah Paling? If that peach ends up president, I am moving to Canada.

3. Default

lol

4. Default

...Wait what? He's saying because the margin was as high as 10 that votes don't count?

Remind me not take the political opinion of that "best of web"

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Um okay? Your point being? (And you're stating that opinion as a fact. -slow golf clap-)

6. Default

My point is the one I quoted: what you stated was a silly platitude, certainly not proof, given the margin of victory was >1 vote.

7. Default

...So you talk down to someone using a sh`itty article from an evidently sh`itty website. I'm sorry that I don't see their logic but every vote does count, and this proves it. 10 people make the difference, for every one person who believes in your article is quite a significant difference. Your vote is 10% input at that point, now if it were 100 difference yes your point would make more sense as it's only 1%.

Funny how proportions work.

Edit: If you undermined your responsibility as an american and forfeit that responsibility your political opinion is worthless, much like that lolarticle

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Still not proving anything. No matter what how small of a margin the votes were in the contest, I still stand by my point that every vote counts in elections. You don't seem to get that, which is the case atm.

tl;dr - cool story bro, tell it again.

This.

9. Default

How does it count if it has no impact on the outcome? A better statement would be "your vote is counted" != "your vote counts"

You proved nothing, which is why your sentiment is being called a silly platitude instead of proof. You stand by your point without proof, okay. On the Internet, that's fine.

It makes you feel better that someone's vote was closer to mattering than usual. I get that. It still doesn't prove your vote counts.

Really, I just find it off putting when people make political threads, spew a bunch of opinions predictions and platitudes, then entreat everyone else to stick to the facts.

10. Default

...Okay I'm not sure you realize how silly you sound, how are the votes counted? The number of votes made. Your vote becomes part of the statistic which creates # vs #. Obviously it counts when it's only off by 8 people, out of how many who voted?

I'm pretty sure it's fact your vote is counted, unless they count pennies in substitute. Your opinion contradicts the reality, otherwise why should anyone vote if your vote doesn't matter? If it didn't matter it wouldn't be tallied, which it is, so it's you who has the proof problem.

11. Default

Oh wow, to think I've been taking you half-seriously.

12. Default

I live in Iowa and I did not participate in the caucus this year even though I'm registered as a republican.

I can tell you this much though, I can think of at least 10 people right off the top of my head that also didn't participate in it.
    Had they have voted along with me let's say for santorum, would you still be able to say every vote doesn't count?
    Even though it would have quite literally changed the outcome of the caucus?

The only thing that sounds silly here is trying to convince a group of people that their votes wouldn't count.

If this was the bush versus gore election where the electoral votes outweighed the popular then yeah I would have to agree, but it's not the same.

13. Default

Did it seem odd how Santorum came out of no where? I was watching the news daily for months and Santorum would be lucky to even get his name said even once that entire day up until a maybe 2 before the caucus.

How is Ron Paul in Iowa?

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Well to be fair, during the months leading up to the Iowa caucuses, Republican presidential candidates were rising up and dropping like flies frequently as they jostle with each other to see which one of them will come out on top in the end.

15. Default

Yeah I agree it was just a pot of non mainstream candidates that were rotating in and out of the limelight and Santorum was just the luck of draw.

It annoys me to see someone say it doesn't matter whether or not you vote when it clearly does matter in a situation like this.