1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Hmm.
    While it is a scheduled maintenance, not everything in it has to have been planned in advance.
    Obviously the first bullet, "If you didn't receive your guaranteed items from the 12/23 Hot Time event, you will be compensated", hadn't been planned since the patch. (Unless you believe Nexon knew their Hot Time would fail and planned for that).
    No knowing how many of the other hodgepodge collection of events were pre-planned and how many tossed in just today in a desperate attempt to keep people playing. (It's not compensation if the issue hasn't been resolved, obviously). Golden Temple especially, if it really is free entry, is coincidentally very useful for people under 120 who don't want to compete with hackers for Chimney and MP3 maps.
    Too bad GT is useless for higher levels, who are the ones most hurt by LHC being hacker-world. And of course the hackers benefit from the 2x...

I wonder why the maintenance is so short and with no world transfers and name changes. They could easily add another couple of hours and do those things, we wouldn't notice since it would be "standard length" for a maintenance.

I still hope they will find a way to sneak in a fix for the familiar hack and coin exploit :-(

2. Default

Only reason I can think of them not carrying out name changes/world transfers is because of the hackers. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them got Print Screened and someone reported them.

3. Default

They'll sneak in the fix that they find during the scheduled SC times via multiple extensions! Like the worlds slowest ninja.

Pretty worthless SC if they don't fix the blindingly obvious issues though.

4. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

sneak in bans, then watch the ragers rage !

5. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

The "coin exploit" doesn't exist.
    And they said they'd do world transfers to windia in the next maintanence
    they said that 3 weeks ago

6. Default

Maybe the daily hot time is just something like: Get 100% x10 Legend Coins and if you are lucky, you can get x or y items.
    Maybe O.o

7. Default

About f'ucking time.

8. Default

And the rage will mainly be from the many legits who get banned with the hackers/leechers. ):

9. Won't Be Coming Back Male

Fixed that for you.

10. Default

Who are you referring to? All the "legits" who claims that boosted maps are totally fine or the handful of players who never sat foot at LHC after the boosting idiocy started. If they struck down on everybody 110+ that leveld more than 10 levels they would still ban mostly those that deserve it. x)

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I was about to say, I guarantee you that 90-95% of people who went to LHC this past week or two deserve to be banned.

12. Won't Be Coming Back Male

Also should be funny to watch the idiots rage in confusion all over basil when they can't patch their client because they edited the files without making a backup.

13. Default

I used to feel really sorry for people who could honestly call themselves legit, and got banned. Then LHC hacks got out of hand.
    Now I just laugh, don't even have an arrow in my knee or anything.

That I can believe, having seen it time and time again. On the other hand, since nexon really has said nothing, I don't think it's possible to say for certain if all the events were planned out or not. It doesn't matter in the least whether or not that's correct right now anyway.

14. Default

Pull the saguaro out.

The only time Nexon ever announces "extra special things" is when there has been downtime caused by whatever issue is going on.
    They do absolutely everything they can to not publicly acknowledge hacks even if most of the public is already well aware of them.
    Every time they address an issue, they do so begrudgingly.

Nexon's like a bad boyfriend that buys you flowers "for no reason" when it's really trying to create positive feelings lest you find out about its awful indiscretion.

Not sure what features you believe they've made more readily available, but I certainly can't think of any.

If my brain had glitched and I'd forgotten with whom it was we're dealing, I'd almost think it was a not-so-elaborate trap.

What better way to make a quick sweep and destroy Familiar hackers than to entice them to all be online at one time and training at obviously popular maps (GT for <120 and LHC for >120)?
    Obviously, Nexon doesn't work weekends, so do it during the week when they're clocked in (at least physically).
    Saves them from having to mess with any tickets, and they still get to pretend they made a big impact.

Of course, this is what I would do.
    History says that Nexon ain't gonna do pomegranate.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Except I'm not sure GMs can enter instanced mini-dungeons. Even if they can, it'd obviously take quite a bit of time to scan them all.
    Would have been easier to do the daily 2x without GT, and find the hackers at Jesters and MP3.

16. Default

Exactly what I think. Sorry Eos, can't agree with you here.

I'm not saying that this is compensation, but still they're being WAY too nice than usual with their crap and guess when..? Right after a TOTAL DISASTER in the game.

Now, as Sapta already pointed out, there is no way we can know which events were planned for this maintenance and which were not. But usually they just don't toss so many "great" events in just ONE maintenance, and seeing how they did it right after what happened makes me feel they're trying to keep as many people playing as they can.

Still, their silence about the current situation is very irritating to say the least. It's as if they realised they can't keep up with all this pomegranate anymore, so they're trying to milk the last drops until the game completely dies. Because yeah, if drastic measures aren't taken, that's what will eventually happen.

I'm not being catastrophic. The issue isn't "just" more than 50% of the current population going around and one-hit-k.o.ing everything they find in their ways, people being able to ignore scrolls' destroy rates and all the other exploits out right now. There's also an hacking issue right now, and it might or might not be related to the database leaks. If it's true that some people got hacked even after recently changing their passwords, then it is NOT, and that's much worse as it means there's a way to access people's accounts in other ways we don't know of.

You'd expect them to address the issue or at least acknowledge it.

Nope, Chuck Testa (or should I say Nexon?)

17. Default

Given that Hime only found out about the familiar hack yesterday, I'm pretty much certain that this wasn't an 'oh, let's try and make it up to them' thing. Either way, now that they're at least aware of it we can expect something to happen within the next 6 months.

18. Won't Be Coming Back Male

So guys, guess what's still unfixed?
    Hint: it starts with Familiar and ends with onehitkilleverything

19. Default

Did anyone think that this sceduled SC would adress that?

On a more positive note, the 1 NX weapon cover gives 60 charm.