Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Put yourself in my shoes:

GMS - Legend
    KMS - Justice
    KMST - Justice
    MSEA - Chaos?
    JMS - idklol

How would I go about comparing it? Legend --> Justice doesn't work since things changed in Justice. I would have to have a different version at Akyrum but I don't.

2. Default

Aaah, I see. The way I thought data went was like each skill has a distinct ID. if the ID keeps the same number, the skill refers to that one. If the number is different, then it refers to another skill. If this system is the same or not after Justice, I don't know. Or if it ever was used before.

I was just trying to consider it as a way to approach it. Or knowing what would the best way to manage it.

3. Default

here's how it goes, for all you curious pirates and thieves

trade in old book for new book

4. Default

Not everyone's going to have extra books. For example, what about NL's who already passed TT 20/30? Will the points and master level be transferred to QT, or will NL's have to obtain TT 20/30 again and exchange it for QT 20/30?

No one in kMS seems to play a 4th job Thief/Pirate. Confirmation would be nice.

5. Default

ID wise, every skill is brand new, except Fists of Rage, which shares its ID with Barrage. However, this doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to pass every 4th job book again and reassign skill points; as with Achilles and Dark Impale, Nexon can choose to transfer skill points from certain skills to others, regardless of ID sharing. I would check the patch notes for this, rather than the .wz files.

6. Default

I'll be 4th job in a day or two.
    Won't help much since I won't have any points in the old skills though...

7. Default

It also could mean that we'll have to pass every book. Dual Blades that had Chains of Hell pre Chaos lost the skill and had to get another book from Zakum to get Phantom Blow.

8. Default

Hopefully that's not the case... That'd screw all of us over.

9. Default

Agreed. But you never know.

10. Default

old skills get renewed, with the master level of what you've passed. (TT30 = QT30, etc)

11. Default

Do you have confirmation of that?

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Your post is insightful and i am pleased to have you on this forum.

That only applies for skills whose ID is the same as an old skill, and you literally just told us that a lot of the skills have new IDs, so this doesn't happen with every skill.

The point of the thread is to find out WHAT SKILLS are CHANGED with the same ID instead of a completely new ID so people can strategically use SP and skill books. Was that not clear or something?

13. Default

didn't bother to read all of it, even though it's short.
    mostly because it's really simple

if you had TT30, you get QT30 automatically, though the SP has been taken out of the changed skill.
    skills that didn't change are left as they were pre-patch.

again:
    skills that changed got an SP reset, with the mastery level you had on the changed skill before the patch(TT30 = QT30 with 0 sp)

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Again, we already know that. We've had countless revamps where that rule has literally always held true. We want to know WHAT SPECIFICALLY (for each job) was changed to WHAT. If at all.

If anyone's post is not a list of old skills with an arrow and then a new skill, you aren't answering the question.

15. Default

If you are so sure about TT becoming QT, then what does shadow stars turn into? If you don't know, then it's not really like you have seen it yourself. And yeah, I see you are on Culverin, but Hero revamps weren't as heavy as these, and it's Nexon we are talking about.

Someone had a pirate or something there, and saw the changes first hand. Can that person confirm the passed books carry on? Even if not on a thief, pirates should have that happen to them too.