IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

people do what they want im only doing stuff for my self interest, changing my %str gears for the cooler looking clean 140set

2. Default

Maple's great if you play casually or just for fun with friends, as opposed to being outright competitive (who are you guys competing against anyways for damage ranges??)
    It feels fine to be able to choose equipment that actually looks cool, and just boss with friends.

BUT, the events suck in terms of content.

3. Default

I just play the new classes that come out :P I play casually and take advantage of all the free stuff like the event going on right now.

not really worth coming back from 2008 though. WAY too far behind. If you find you have a couple hundred million laying around, it might be worth it, but you really can't find any decent gear around for any less than that. Mind you anything well scrolled now sells for like 5-8 BILLION mesos instead of the old 2-3 billion. Not to mention that in order to get anything CLOSE to that, you have to spend at least a couple $100s on an item.

Honestly, I'm pretty sad to see the state of the game. It's quite a nice game to play during free time, but the way they make events (read: "the way they translate events"), it's all "COLLECT 234098234 OF THIS CAUSE I NEED IT!" + rinse and repeat. Then you have the insane amount of hackers in the game. If you haven't noticed the thread in general already, then you should go ahead and read that before you consider. Hacks have improved since 2008. Now the game comes with not only DC hackers, but the amazing dupers, channel crashers, insta-kill map vaccers, and the plain all out exploit hackers. The exploit came out maybe 2-3 weeks ago? And Nexon hasn't said or done ANYTHING regarding it. Scania now has a level 200 being reached every 20 minutes. Literally; not figuratively. there are far more script kiddies out as well and they doesn't afraid of anything. You ahve a map you're soloing? NOPE! Hackers. Oh you wanted to party at one of the best places to level in the game? NOPE! Hackers. I mean I went to red drakes in sleepywood for 20 minutes to finish a quest and almost every 2 minutes I'd have a vac/insta kill hacker come into the map, kill everything and just stay there. SLEEPYWOOD DUNGEON AKA the most desolate place in the training world because GMS has these things called masteria training grounds where it's the common thing to do to kill those monsters. I guess if you have the intent of coming back, just make sure you have fun with what you're doing. If you aren't havng fun, then you shouldn't be playing this godforsaken game.

EDIT:

In regards to whether or not leeching hackers is ok to do in the game

4. Default

Thought about the same.

Greg, if you haven't changed your password in a long time you might find a nasty surprise.

That, plus everything else which the others have explained.. Don't do it. Horrible timing to decide to return to play.

5. Default

I deleted my Shadower because it felt good. I'm sure there a plenty of little babies on Maple at this very moment crying because they can't grind to 100. Deleting 172 levels felt very, very good man.

Still trying to decide whether or not I wanna pray game again

6. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

You really don't know how the game really is if you think getting to 100 is hard but anyone.

Only come back to the game if you feel you won't get dissapointed at the game itself.

7. Default

It's still a fun game, but the company running it is absolutely abysmal. If you're not going to be playing 'competitively' (i.e. shooting for really great gear) then it's a good way to kill time.

8. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Brandonaught
    Level: 212
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Chrono
    Farm: Sheep GYM
    California

if you get a mercedes to 70, you get a potion that fills up with enough exp to make another level 70.

that should be convincing enough.

9. Default

Maybe I'm just having trouble admitting the game will never be fun again. What would I have to disregard in order to enjoy the game? Am I really just not going to be satisfied with my damage unless I spend big money on NX?

This isn't fair. Maple Story is the only MMO my computer can handle other than DFO I think. What am I supposed to do now? Play DUNGEON FIGHTER?. I WANT TO PRAY A MMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

if you're smart you don't have to spend any money at all I myself never spent over 100$ in 6 years

11. Default

THIS

12. Default

There is no way a new comer can play this game without spending at least a few bucks to get a pet, let alone play for years without NX. Unless you hack and then use the mesos to buy NX?...

13. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

who needs a pet? and its called mts
    right now you can make:
    ~500-700nx per big spider card in mts
    ~3-4k nx red wyvern card in mts
    -right now you can basically do warm thermometer quest once per day taking around 15min for 10 legend coins, get 20 for secret mastery books and sell it for some mesos or chance your luck and get some high meso books
    - level up a cannoneer, take down rog boss and mts bain weapons for 10k+ nx
    etc etc etc

14. Default

I like this thread. It's like 4chan. OP asks some advice, everyone gives the opposite. :D That or all of you are really good at reverse psych.

If all the convincing in the world will not get you to shy away from Maple... at least come to Windia and join KoopaForce. At least you'll get the last bit of dignity and humanity of all of MapleStory in our alliance. Kinda.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Are you implying that KoopaForce/Empire is the only decent guild/alliance left in Windia? If so, then I take grave offense to that.

OT: Greg, as far as convincing you to come back goes, there are a few reasons to. The legend coin shop is an easy way to make somewhat godly weapons (by my standard) with little to no money at all. Also, you can get a full AP reset from the coin shop, so you can use it on any of your old characters that still have pre-BB stat builds. That's about it for any reasons to come back as far as older characters are concerned; however, if you don't plan on using older characters, then you'll at least have a massive selection of new classes to mess with. If I've been reading correctly, then you quit back in 2008, meaning you have at least a good five new classes to try (six if you count Demon Slayers, but they aren't out for another eight days or so).

Of course, just as everyone else has stated, the game is in shambles as of late. You'll be hard pressed finding anything to do after you train to level 120, and you'll have an even harder time training that far if you join a populated server. If you join Maple again, then be prepared to have to seek fun out (yes, I think Maple does have some fun content in it), and you'll also have to go out of your way to make some decent equipment later on if you plan on actually experiencing any of the fun you may find.

16. Default

The actual game is not bad. honestly its just gMS. mSEA might get pomegranatety items and content but our glitches and bugs are not THAT bad. excuse the botters everywhere and its perfectly playable in msea.

17. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

You can get to 200 in 3 days.

Hackers everywhere with no delay familiar

90% of the items around the marked are duped

People getting hacked everyday

Not worth it. That's why I quit 1 week ago.

Just play Pokemon, it's cheaper and don't need NX. And actually funner then MS right now