Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 30% EXP Pendant VS. 15%STAT Pendant

I can't determine and I'm too confused with todays EXP as I havn't played in a while.

The 30% EXP Pendant grants you 30% EXP of the actual monsters kill. During 2X it is actually 60% of the kill, right?
    But then again, is it really better than a 15% stat pendant, when your main stat is already very high? I mean, faster killing does equal faster EXP

Training zone is LHC, BTW. (Crocky/BW)

What do you guys think?

2. Default

The EXP pendant gives a separate entry of EXP gain, thus it is an addition with the value of: BASE_EXP*0.3 (Disclaimer: I could be dead wrong here, but I've always presumed this is how it works).
    This is important to note because in LHC, your main source of exp is not the BASE_EXP, but rather the PARTY_BONUS_EXP, which the Pendant of Spirit has nothing to do with.

Thus, 30% EXP Pendant does not miraculously make your EXP gain 130% as compared with when you don't wear it. I don't know the exact figures for party bonus exp, but I imagine it to be something like this:

Example:
    - base exp: 1000 (100%)
    - party bonus: 1000 * (10% + 50%*6) = 3100
    - pendant of spirit: 1000 * (30%) = 300

Contribution of PoS: 300 / (1000+3100) = 7.32% more exp when worn

Whereas a 15% stats pendant can improve your total damage output by, depending on the total %stat you have, anywhere from 5% to 15%. In LHC, you can assume gain in damage output to equal gain in exp rate.
    This means the stats pendant will boost your exp gain by anywhere between 5% (when you have a total of 200% stat bonus) and 15% (when you have literally no other %stat equipment).
    The two pendants seem to be equal (roughly) when your character has a total of 100% stat bonus in equipment, in which case I would favor the exp pendant, just personally.

3. Default

Pretty sure EXP pendant would be better even at only 10%. I always use EXP pendants over my %stat pendant when possible.

4. Default

The pendant works just like it Elven Blessing does. Only Base EXP. (the white exp) is effected not party EXP it just shows up as it's own line though.

5. Default

While we're on the subject, Roll of the Dice got nerfed. It shows up as its own line now, so it only applies to regular experience from LHC now.
    Also, I'd go with 15% stat pendant. The spirit pendant only applies to regular experience, not party bonus exp.

6. Default

Be aware that 15% stat pendant doesn't boost your exp by 15% either.

100% -> 115% = 15% increment

200% -> 215% = 7.5% increment

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Double EXP Pendant, gogo

8. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

9. Default

Unique Equipped Item.

10. Default

That, and in GMS you can only equip 1 Exp giving equip at a time.

i.e. No Pendant of the Spirit + Silent Crusade ring.

11. Default

But you can wear the ring first and then wear the pendant.

12. Default

Does it stack? I have never tested.

13. Default

I never bothered to check, sorry.

14. Default

Yupp.

15. Default

pendant of the spirit + special pendant of the spirit = ?

16. Default

D.N.E.

17. Default

In theory that should work since they are two different items with separate ID, but there is a block for using more than 1 EXP boost item. Might be you can circumvent it like with the Crusader Zeal ring equiped first, but I have not tested it.

18. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

You can't equip the special pendant+the pendant, unless you use packets.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Why not? They're different IDs, technically it should work