1. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Default Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

So this is pretty old news but completely slipped off of my radar but apparently Viz is transitioning from the big bulky montly Shonen Jump magazines to a weekly ezine. From NYAF:

NYAF: Print is dead, Shonen Jump Alpha going online

So are you going to stick with Mangastream and the like or will you directly support Jump by giving them your money each week?

Edit : Shonen Jump Alpha FAQ
    Last edited by CommanderJinn; 2012-02-11 at 05:06 PM.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Mangastream ftw. I have better uses for the little money I have. I just wish we didn't have to wait until the 11th for the next release.

3. Default

I had the mag for collecting Yugioh cards cause i like the pictures :D

Otherwise, I think I'll take the free sub scription for a year, see how fast they get things out and may or may not continue depending if like it or not.

4. Default

If they can get the chapters out within a reasonable timeframe of the japanese release, I'll defintely support them and subscribe. Otherwise I'm ok with just reading them online + buying the Volumes later once they're released.

I'm pretty disgusted by scanlation groups and hosting websites that continue to scanlate(/sub in the case of anime)these things once there is a perfectly legal alternative that does the same thing. Despite what they say, they're always in it for the money.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    canada

Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

Was debating whether I would subsribe to Alpha. Now I won't, especially since their product is STILL sub par compared to scanlation groups. So frustrating.

6. Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

Their "up to date" manga translations are like 5 -7 chapters behind still >.>

7. Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

They don't even want my money (they decided the legal alternative should be America/Canada only>_>), but they'd have lost my money once I realised they were translating shadow clone as shadow doppleganger.

I think I could seriously take the few weeks gap (if they intended to eventually close it), but ignoring 10 years of translations on the simplest things would just make me want to punch my monitor every time I saw how badly they're doing it.

8. Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

Ok that totally sucks.

I got to ask, which one of the current Manga sites left is hosted inside the US? Because I suppose the ones with higher chances to survive would be the ones outside of it.

9. Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

I've never liked the official translations done by them, on top of that the only manga they're doing with this that I currently read is Bakuman. Besides, I'm rather sure now that they're switching to an online medium, one of NOEZ's sites will mirror their releases.

10. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    canada

Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

And now Red Hawk was forced to drop Bakuman and Beelzubub -_-

11. Default Re: Shonen Jump Alpha (aka the NA version of Weekly Jump)

They didn't drop either of them. All they stopped doing was hosting the downloads on their own servers. You can still get them through IRC, or read them on Batoto.