1. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Yeah this pomegranate went down hard in Wisconsin, and needless to say we're all pissed. What's stupid about it in WI is that what they've deemed an acceptable form of identification - a state issued driver's license - is something one has to pay for in order to get. In other words, Republicans have essentially created a sneaky poll tax in the state, which is unconstitutional, pineappleing duh. One of the biggest fights now at the state level is over whether or not this is legal, with the most likely outcome being a little loosening on the specifics of acceptable IDs, though not enough to make it any easier for disenfranchised groups.

Thankfully UW-Madison (I don't know if this is also for all UW system schools) will be issuing new, free ID cards to students who request them starting next month that have elements acceptable for in-state voting. Can't wait to get the new card.

2. Default

The whole thing of the driver's license being the main ID in the US its pretty stupid, why can't you get a free or fairly cheap ID (I think like most countries)?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Slightly extreme statement, but I know what you're trying to get across. xD

4. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

"Oh jeez, we are going to get owned pretty hard by young voters for trying to pass that SOPA bill... what do we do?"

"how about we screw them with stricter ID requirements?"

"I love you man."

5. Default

Most college students (18-21) will be voting for the first time in federal elections, and just figure it is the way it is.

6. Default

The only relevant, factual part of that article:

"Seven states have already passed strict laws requiring a government-issued ID (like a driver’s license or a passport) to vote, which many students don’t have, and 27 others are considering such measures. Many of those laws have been interpreted as prohibiting out-of-state driver’s licenses from being used for voting."

So, are any of you actually opposed to this for a coherent reason?

Other than being pro voter fraud that helps your candidate of choice, of course.

7. Default

You mean aside from it effectively being a poll tax (illegal as mentioned earlier), preventing people who go to out-of-state colleges from being able to vote unless they have excess cash for transport and voter fraud not really being a problem in the US?

Nothing. I mean, yeah I guess if you ignore all of the reasons this is bad then you have a point. :///

8. Default

Because privacy pansies in the US freaked over the idea of a national ID card, as if it were actually somehow more dangerous than their existing SSN and Driver's License rather than an improvement.

9. Default

NEW WORLD ORDER NEW WORLD ORDER.

Didn't NY get some card like this, well, has chips in it and it reprents essentially all identification so it's easier to travel between canada? I thought that was a good idea.

10. Default

Actually, I can tell you what's going on with the Repugnicans.

The Jews have become the very people that oppressed them in WWII. Whenever ANYONE calls them out in any way, shape, or form, they pull the Holocaust shield out and use it to cry "Anti-Semite".

How is this relevant, you ask? Simple: The Repugnicans are a Jewish-owned organization. You'd be hard pressed to find a non-Jewish, non-Christian Republican working in the government, let alone the higher echelons. Their Jewish masters are now demanding that only those that are White, God-fearing, Rich, Straight, and "Mentally sound" be allowed to "vote" (i.e. screw around until they overthrow the Constitution and place a King in the White House).

In other words, the Republicans in office atm are, in fact, true redneck racists. To avoid detection of this fact, they use black men as scapegoats (Cain), and run a false campaign based on propaganda.

A lot of this is exaggerated, probably false, and just my views and opinions on the matter. But Madoka have mercy if what I said is actually true.

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm not really sure where that came from, what it had to do with the relevance of the discussion, or why you seem to want to throw all Jews together with "true redneck racists," but I feel that your response was out of place and pretty biased to say the least... not to mention stereotypical. I'd like to see some information on where you are pulling all this bullpomegranate from because I'm really not sure how you want people to react/respond to your post.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Interesting.
    I always thought the Jewish demographic generally votes Democrat.
    Besides, you got your Elders of Zion all wrong. They control both parties.

13. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

We get a bad rep for stuff.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

You're just like one of those Yahoo! News commenters who post inflammatory, nonsensical comments like these. How pitiful.

Don't try it here. Either you post something non-inflammatory and constructive or don't post here at all.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I sure hope this crap doesn't happen in New Jersey. I'm 18 next year D=.

Man, I totally want to show you and him my pro-Jewish side (remember that big long argument I had with you, when I was on the pro-Palestinian side?) but then i saw a wall of yellow flags.

16. Default

Ehhh, it's more like I said that because I'm actually a Satanist (which of course according to EVERYONE ON THE PLANET EARTH, means I'm officially a royal scumbag of evil); however, I'm not gonna pick another fight here, so I'll say this:

What if the reason for restricting voting had a more religious intent behind it? It would certainly be unconstitutional in the sense that it violates Separation of Church and State, as well as the First Amendment.

Not that that's the situation here, but you know - I wouldn't want to be arrested for not being a Zionist, which is one thing about me that'll never change.

However, I do so hope this doesn't come over here to Oregon. Otherwise I WILL both speak out, and might possibly, truly, really start committing murder to show what's wrong with that. ESPECIALLY if the Republicans don't allow me to both correct my mistake from the last voting session, as well as vote for a guy who's not going to shaft me and my right to live simply on the grounds that he thinks I'm mooching off the system (which I'm not, I actually use the money for survival, as opposed to wasting it on drink and drugs, video games, etc. I do use a very small, limited amount for NX or gaming, but that is factored into my budget, which I'm very strict with myself about).

In other words, I don't vote Republican because they APPEAR to be anti-gay (which targets my parents; despite the fact that I hate their guts, they're still respectable human beings when they're not busy being idiots), anti-Gentile (I am a Satanist, so I'd take a huge amount of persecution, but that treatment wouldn't stop at me), anti-Mental Illness (I have friends that DO suffer from this, while I work to get mine revoked or better understood), and somehow SEEM to be racist to an extent (now I do understand we're at war, but seriously - don't brand all Muslims as terrorists if you're THAT scared of Iran/Al Qaeda/Pakistan).

It's one thing to be anti-Jewish simply for the hell of it, but I'm anti-Jewish because they brand me as evil regardless of my personality (which as you've seen is rather friendly most of the time); I'm merely defending my right to existence and equality from those who decree they get to decide the good and evil in this world.

17. Default

Christian's aren't Zionist either.
    Satanists would be Abrahamic, and even more technically, Christian, as well; they've just picked the opposition within that theology.
    tldr; Same theology, different deity.

18. Default

What age are you guys allowed to vote at again? Is it compulsory?