Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Phantom SP Build.

Names used here are the Korean names because the English ones don't exist yet and they will probably suck anyway

This is posted on Southperry.net and Ellinforest.com only. This is not allowed to be posted on Basilmarket or Sleepywood

1st Job

2nd Job

3rd Job

4th job

Stolen Skill Index

Math and Notes

Credits
    Insoya for images.
    Me for creating.
    JoeTang for helping and providing a list of skills.
    Max for helping me with SP count.

You're welcome to give me suggestions.
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-05-11 at 12:01 AM. Reason: v2.2 changed order of Pray of Aria and Expert. Added math/notes

2. Default

Ground Smash is pretty bad compared to other 2nd job skills.

I don't think you can use Energy Blast. Fusillade isn't bad. Paralyze is good for mobs. Chain Lightning is better if you're hitting fewer. Ranges aren't as good as Dragon Strike but good alternatives, especially if you want speed, or need Paralyze's utility.

3. Default

Does a 3rd job White Knight elemental charge affect the 4th job Arch Mage skills? I'd be inclined to use Lightning Charge and Chain Lightning if so. Build looks good!

4. Default

I thought my Cannoneer would last me a lot longer than it did, so I'm turning to this class for entertainment now xP

I'm torn a little for 4th job. Assuming I'm at the point where I won't need Dragon Strike anymore, I can't pick a good buff to replace it. I'm thinking stance right now, because, well, it's stance, but then again I'd be sacrificing damage buffs like Vipersition and SE...

So yeah, just wondering what the general consensus is on the value of stance over damage buffs.

5. Default

Pirate Style (Corsair 4th job skill) might also be a decent option. It's +10% damage and +30% Status/Elemental Resistance. Pair it with Misfortune Protection and you have 70% status resistance. Vipersition's status resistance is passive and IIRC stolen skills don't get their passive effects.

6. Default

...Not to mention 60% Stance! This should be the way to go! YES! Thank you for reminding me about this skill!

7. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Why is haste prioritized in first job? You get +20 jump from your first job skill, but your max jump isn't increased.
    Is it just for the speed boost?

Can you steal dark aura from BaMs?

Better yet, how can you tell what skills are able to be stolen, so I can stop asking and just give ya good options :3

8. Default

Yes.

No.

1. Adventurer only. No Cannon Shooter or Dual Blader.
    2. No passives.
    3. No summons.

9. Default

You can only steal skills from adventurers, so you can't get Dark Aura. Summons and passive buffs cannot be stolen, and from what I've heard, if an active skill adds a passive buff, then only the active portion is stolen.

EDIT: Ninja'd

10. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Is their MP too low for magic guard?

edit: How bout Power Reflection for 2nd job support (-30% damage)
    There's also Magic Crash from 3rd job which is always useful against bosses.

11. Default

Luck of the Die is like one of the worst buffs in the game that add damage, next to Karma.

I'm feeling more towards Twilight before Noir Carte, since it adds very insignificant amounts of damage on multiple targets with the slower combo compared to Rapid Fire which attacks so quickly.
    1 Twilight vs 20 Twilight makes the combo 1.21x stronger, but 1 Noir Carte vs 20 Noir Carte makes the Twilight combo ~1.08x stronger. If you focus solely on single target, Noir Carte would be superior, but with the prevalence of larger mobs in Monster Park/training, and LHC in GMS, unless if you can get Holy Charge (has this been confirmed as possible yet?), maxing Twilight which is a 20 point investment over the 30 points for Talent, would be better since this combo is currently the strongest multitarget skill in the game about equally tied with Final Toss except better utility, ease of use, range, etc. Of course, this is assuming Noir Carte can activate on every monster that you hit, as opposed to only single target like Final Attack does. If it is only single target, then without a doubt Twilight is the superior choice unless you focus solely on single target, but it does lower the overall damage potential ~1.10x.

SE is ~1.2x for Twilight, not as good as Holy Charge on neutral, or any other charge for that matter. And you can get SE off a glove or a mule 4th job Archer, which saves that precious 4th job slot for Rapid Fire.

Also
    Initially, the passive speed caps from Haste were acquired, but I'm not sure if this has changed or not.

12. Default

Hey Joe. I need your opinion on something.

Is dual charging holy + lightning on ele neutral mobs worth it? or would combo be a better choice.
    I ask this because ultimate drive looks like a pretty sick mobbin skill and our LHC is ele neutral right?

13. Default

It was :(

14. Default

Fixed both of these.

15. Default

Since I found out you can't steal charges, I changed up 4th job again.
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-07-25 at 02:32 PM.

16. Default

Boo, there goes my idea of an elemental Phantom. I'll probably end up using Dragon Strike mostly, since it looks pretty cool/is fast and is reasonably strong. I don't want to use a Hurricane style attack as my main 1v1 >_<

17. Default

Fixed 2nd job based on experience with the class. I'm still not sure about the whole 112 SP fiasco/debacle but I'll find out soon.

18. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Serious question btw:

Is Sharp Eyes that much of a damage boost that you'd recommend it over Pirate Style's 10% boost + 30% status AND elemental resistance +60% stance, or even over continual aiming's 20% boost that helps to target bosses and not waste rapid fire shots on summoned mobs?

19. Default

You can get SE off gloves.

20. Default

Question mark is over Continual Aiming because I don't know if it can be stolen or if it works. I talked about Pirate Style with Joe but he said he doesn't like the skill. I'd personally go either with Pirate Style or Sharp Eyes, both are very good. Sharp Eyes could be taken from gloves though, so if you have decent SE there's no point in having the full one as it is a waste of a slot.