Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Assuming 100% crit rate (Which should be fairly easy to get on a phantom)

Would it be better to max noir carte earlier?

10% link passive + 5% gratias + 5% base + 50% 2nd job skill + 20% sharp eyes stolen + 2 6% crit rate nebs = 102% crit rate

that'd make every single attack process noir carte, which deals 220% damage or so

if an attack hits twice, and procs noir carte on both crits
    would it summon two cards?

because I'm beginning to feel that with the right setup, noir carte can be OP as pomegranate.

2. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

noir carte doesn't even work right now.

3. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Only reason to max Noir Carte right now is for the 20% dodge rate. Blanc Carte/Noir Carte don't deal damage for whatever reason.

4. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

My Carte Blanc does damage when it activates. o.0

5. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

You can only get one Noir Carte per attack, not per hit.

6. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

It doesn't register though.

7. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Go use Judgment Draw on a Snail/Shroom. It won't die because the damage doesn't register.

EDIT: Ninja'd

8. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Same goes for its final attack passive effect.

It shows damage but doesn't actually do damage.

9. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

No. If you need a mob skill that keeps you away, you want a regular mob skill and not an aoe (since some sacrifice horizontal for vertical).

@donovan; Phew, I'm not the only one. :)

10. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Hmmm well i never tried THAT before, however the cards DO activate aggro.

I was training at Lycans (yeah you got to do something with all these hackers) and when I killed all lycans in front of me, a card came out, flew across the map to a new non-killed lycan and he aggro'ed.

Kind of funny though! :P

11. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Random sidenote:

@Locked Thanks for the build :) I'm following it to the tee and have no complaints. Thanks for the ideas for the stolen skills too, it's very helpful.

@Everyone else on page 7 Kinda makes you wish it would stay broken just so we can have more and more hilarious stories to tell ;)

12. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

While I was messing around with skills, I found that my 40 card stack charged within 3 seconds with MeleeCane (95-ish % Crit chance)

:(
    And Carte Noir isn't even maxed yet T_T
    I don't even want to think about how much damage I miss out on...

13. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Been there, done that, and it makes me annoyed every time.

14. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Odd when carte activates for me it causes DE-aggro.

15. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

I've never had the cards pull aggro of any sort ever.

16. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Well, for 1. It says in the description it does, and for 2. You're supposed to combo the two together in third job.

You're supposed to go Brise Carte, and immediately Phantom Charge right after for some "sick mob damage, yo". The delay on brise is disgustingly long, and the two dont play that well together, seeing as there is still a 1 second pause before you can use charge after using brise carte.

My question to all seasoned Phantom players is the following; Is Rapid Fire the de-facto best dps skill in the game for him, period? Does it beat out drive? Does one beat out the other at a certain level of gear?

17. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Well, until the Pirate revamp, Hurricane is better than Rapid Fire, however, assuming the very best conditions, 100% crit, damage cap with both skills (and assuming Carte Noir is fixed), Ultimate Drive hits 333.33 x2 times a minute, while Rapid Fire hits 500 times, if we factor in Carte Noir with 100% crit, Ultimate Drive would do 666.66 hits + 333.33 Carte Noir hits a minute (999 total), while Rapid Fire would do 500 hits + 500 Carte Noir hits (1000 total).

It's a lot easier to cap with RF than Ultimate Drive, and I'm pretty sure capped RF fares better than Ultimate Drive even if the two hits did more than cap together because of its slower speed.

Without 100% crit, there could be a point at which Ultimate Drive overtakes RF since a noncrit RF wouldn't activate Carte Noir, but even a single critical would activate Carte Noir for drive, but it should even out over time, I think.

18. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

I was making a video on Phantom skills and when i used Judgement Draw it did not register ...
    I know I said Phantom Draw, its Judgement Draw
    go to 11:32

19. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Read the posts above your's.

20. Default Re: Phantom SP Build.

Yep I tend to use Hurricane in parties when my crit is able to get to 94% or higher (this includes passives, buffs, gratias ring and 4% crit from Carte Finale equip potential)
    otherwise I'd settle with using sharp eyes as a party buff