Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Sorry this is going so slowly. I've been in the midst of preparing my grandmother's funeral and dealing with all the wonders that come with that.

2. Default

All good Sarah, priorities are, well, priorities.

That's not even half-assing it, that's just thinking you could type Google.com into your browser. This is half-assing it:

From the first website I click, four titles.
    Dark Souls
    Portal 2
    Battlefield 3
    Little Big Planet 2

Second website, five titles, one of which is a repeat
    BF3
    CoD MW 3
    Mortal Kombat
    Uncharted 3
    Gears of War 3

Third website, ten titles, six of which are repeats
    Portal 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Mortal Kombat
    Uncharted 3
    Mario Kart 7
    Rayman Origins
    BF3
    CoD MW 3
    GoW 3

All I had to google was "multiplayer games 2011". All three of the above results are from "top" lists from the respective websites I clicked on. One of them being the Game Developer's Choice Awards, which is stuff the industry itself thought pretty cool. Heck IGN, one of the most known gaming websites currently, has a little list for an awards thing they're doing.

edit: I'll even add in a tiny bit of extra effort, off my friends list on Steam there's another 3 people playing Multiplayer games from this year. Dungeon Defenders, Dead Island, and some J-MMORPG.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I said GOOD online. Man, you really did half-ass it lol.
    Half of the games you listed have terrible online.

4. Default

Wait wait i totally have something for this:

I'm going to state my opinion as objective fact to half-ass it.
    GREAT ARGUMENT GUYS!

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

He gives you a bigger list than the one you want and you call him being lazy?

6. Default

Also none of those games dip below 80 on Metacritic for any system.

I really hope Dark Souls hits PC, the multiplayer for that was really cool.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Well I have to admit a couple of the games were above 80 due to the single-player probably.

8. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

Using metacritic as criteria? Might as well be the Spike VGAs up in here.

9. Default

Probably, but a completely horrible multiplayer would have balanced out the scores to be much lower I'd think. Dunno, which games were you thinking of?

That made me laugh pretty hard actually.

10. Default

Hey, I have no clue if any of you noticed- but there was an update yesterday. Hell yeah for the PS3 winner, it just had to be only the most badass strategy RPG. GO, DISGAEA 4! YOU ARE NUMBER 1! There seriously needs to be a copy of Disgaea 4 in every living room.

11. Default

I didn't post anything because I intended to do more. Having trouble finding motivation at this point. Wish I hadn't taken a break on the first day. Guess I'll do some more now.

12. Default

Oh wow. I just realized Multiplatform Games was a category. Damn, I nominated a couple multiplatforms into specific consoles- I'm suprised you didn't point it out to me, did you move them over during the tallying stage?

13. Default

Yeah I did. I didn't notice until I was tallying and didn't want to spend time waiting for your response (you don't post on a daily basis so I don't know how often you're actually around). In retrospect it clearly doesn't matter since I've been slacking so hard.

New goal is to at least do one a day until it's done. I really hate this because I am usually right on top of things but this... this is just horrible. It probably doesn't help that I couldn't care less about most of the winners, or just don't know anything about them.

14. Default

Yeah, it's a shame. We'd actually manage to weed out a lot of games through looking for the most popular nominees to create a much smaller list of games to select from- it'd be much more manageable for you. I'd also say that if it were a lot more popular, games that more people know about would be easier for you to report on. Let's face it: I know you've said the fighting game genre isn't your thing (although I liked your UMvC3 posts, especially the Nicholas Cage video) and there's games that just weren't your thing to report on like Forza, RefRain, and Corpse Party. I'm lead to believe a couple of the categories would have benefited from that and have made your job so much easier. Maybe if we do this again next year, we could have extra people volunteering to do the job- or have specific people present the award.

15. Default

Sounds like a good idea!

16. Default

Yeah, I mentioned this in the first thread. I want to set up a discussion panel who will do the actual nominations and then have people vote from the pool of pre-chosen games, then the panel can work to their strengths, adding commentary for winners if they choose to (so we could have five panel members all comment on one winner while another winner would only have one because only one member volunteers to write something). Also cutting down the categories to, at the very most, ten. But even that seems excessive when looking at this mess.

If you want to help me out with this, by the way, let me know which categories you're interested in presenting and I'll send you the winners. Just send me your piece back in a PM and I'll post it in the reserved space. Fully credited, of course.