Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chaos Scroll...

1. Default

In my opinion, the 2nd and 3rd egg will never come. Nexon actually realizes what damage they'll cause with them brining the two updates. They did a good job lowering the economy by the Chest Events in gMS.

Not only will the eggs bring higher level characters with high stats to quit but Saunas/Bathrobes/Other -LESS items to rise up because of the simple demand from the people.

Overall, imo, not gonna happen.

2. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

Someone on JMS managed to get three Dragon Stones on their char.

So at one point, it will be possible for you guys..

--edit-- fixed image using my photobucket.
    Last edited by TKWizard; 2009-02-02 at 07:42 AM.

3. Default

TKWizard, I can't see the image. :X

At any rate, we don't follow jMS directly. We don't follow one version directly at all - there's things from jMS, kMS, MSEA and so on. We don't get everything they do - if that's the case, we may never have all three stones.

4. Default

We'll get them eventually I think. Nexon would be pretty dumb if they never brought them. Bringing the stones to gMS = mass buying of AP resets. $$$ And this game is all about money for Nexon. (As you can see from NX buying hackers remaining in game.)

5. Default

While this worked out in your favour, you forgot a few things: You're Harrison. You're constantly broke and even when you get money, you spend it all really fast xD With that money you spent on a white scroll, you could've bought yourself an egg, something you cant afford at the moment (unless you got some crazy deal in MTS after I slept last night) or for a long time, for that matter.

I personally find the whole issue crazy as there are better things to chaos (for other classes anyways...capes, shoes, etc.) but if this was the way you wanted to go, then good for you. I agree with that poster above though: for all the money you spent on chaos scrolls, you probably could've gotten more than the 5 INT upgrade you got with the chaos scrolls.

6. Harrisonized

Whenever I get really lucky, I go for upgrades. My goal on this game is to have all my equips FULLY scrolled. Fully as in all the slots used up. I don't want to tempt myself into another clean slate like what I did with my branch nose.

I like scrolling. I could say I'm addicted to the gamble that Maple forces its players to go through in order to become stronger. I'd never have the self discipline to leave a scroll alone for too long. Even when I have a bit of money, I'll scroll the smaller things.

Just recently, when I was MTSing, I got bored (cuz there weren't any good deals), so I got some glove HP scrolls and purple morricans and bombed away. I came out with 75 and 45 hp, which both I sent to a friend.
    Well, if I had bought my egg, there'd still be one slot left on my pendant. I'd still be tempting myself, and eventually when I do get a Chaos + White (assuming that I did get egg first), and it reduced 5 int and luk like you had been predicting in buddy list... then the damage is irreversible and I'll be stuck with a worse off pendant from everyone else.
    There is nothing else for me to Chaos.

I could try Chaos'ing a Yellow Eigen but that's pointless since I'm not lukless and I already decided I'm not going to reset completely. Chaos'ing anything else is a waste of time, although if I were really rich, I could try Chaos'ing a 3int 9matk 4 slot purple cape and hope it ends up favorable to make a profit. I'm not switching out my old cape as it has sentimental value to me, and because I spent 100m+ scrolling Cold Protection onto it.

I only used the Chaos on my HTP because it's the only item that cannot be scrolled.
    I doubt I'd be able to. If I wanted to, I'd have better luck moving to Mardia, and I'm not moving because... it seems like a huge change replacing everyone I know with some people I barely have a memory of. (some people from Mardia were originally from Scania that I know.)

~~~~~

Yep. Now I pretty much have confirmation that ALL THREE EGGS come from the same quest. JMS simply made the quest repeatable, while GMS had it disabled. That means if I did not make the wrong choice in chaosing my HTP. I like how everyone told me "if you scroll your HTP all the way, then you won't be able to get the other two eggs." when they had no idea how the 2nd and 3rd eggs were obtained. Simply though, when the egg quest becomes repeatable in GMS (if ever), I can just reloot and have a clean pendant to scroll all the way, because from that screenshot, I'm guessing that you can get an infinite amount of eggs.

Thanks for the screenshot. I've now decided that when I do get the money, I will complete my Chaos'd HTP with an egg.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-02-02 at 06:11 PM.

7. Default

I have a ss of you MTS'ing at the same time I was :D

8. Default

Very stupid choice. :\

You could have used this for money.

You could have also scrolled a 5+ attack cape, or a 3+ attack face stompers. Even if you can't use them they will give you a pomegranateload of money.

9. Harrisonized

Really, I couldn't care less. I play for fun, and merch and train if I want. O_o

The game isn't all about money and levels or exp, so why's everyone view it that way. =(
    Getting a +5 attack cape or +3 attack fs will not give me the same euphoric feeling I got when I applied the scroll onto my HTP.

10. Default

Someone finally agrees with me.. >_>

I love scrolling for fun, and what use will a F/P Arch mage have with a attack cape/shoes, other than selling them for more mesos. Which apparently isn't his top priority?

11. Default

Why do you care?